8/24/2022 Return to Plate Hubbing

Kluv#0

Done couple weeks back -Farmers walk with Jack Lalanne Plates. Right hand is focusing on a few grippers goals in case something happens to me wanted this to be on record. 

• Like 8

Killer dude that’s an incredible lift, I hope nothing happens to you. Keep up the great work

• Like 1

Jack Lalanne Vintage 50 LB Plate Hub Curl and Press. This was pretty darn difficult especially the press. Happy with the command setting it down. Challenge awaits next week and beyond as new plates arrive. However, I still have a handful of feats I want to accomplish with the JL Plates. I always love seeing the plate in picture when being curled- so cool!

The Wagon Wheel double lift and JL farmers walk over 25 ft were done weeks earlier.

boss2.png.7002d2f90a9094381d70978d29de13b6.pngboss3.jpg.711bc5a6b74f2f0f59a7a36bf688a921.jpgboss56.jpg.cfaaa719f33dbdab82e20f974bcea58b.jpg

• Like 10

Way cool curl and press amazing.

Super cool pictures. They would be perfect for grip board trading cards

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Way cool curl and press amazing.

Super cool pictures. They would be perfect for grip board trading cards

Now that would be something 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Now that would be something 

No H, but I did mention to a top guy at Gripsport 5 years ago that a calendar of the basic lifts w/pics and simple training ideas would be kinda cool with paid membership.

• Like 2

After a great Gripper workout did something similar to patting head and rubbing stomach:) CoC #3 held shut while hub curling Jack LaLanne 50 LB Plate. Actually, pretty easy as I can hold that strength gripper closed for over 20 seconds.

Edited by Kluv#0
typo
  • Like 6

57 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

After a great Gripper workout did something similar to patting head and rubbing stomach:) CoC #3 held shut while hub curling Jack LaLanne 50 LB Plate. Actually, pretty easy as I can hold that strength gripper closed for over 20 seconds.

I can't even close a #3 yet, let alone hold it for over 20 seconds.

Then there's the hub lift and curl I'd have to tackle as well...

Not liking my chances of doing anything remotely close to this feat.  Simply amazing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

I can't even close a #3 yet, let alone hold it for over 20 seconds.

Then there's the hub lift and curl I'd have to tackle as well...

Not liking my chances of doing anything remotely close to this feat.  Simply amazing.

Thanks Doug. You have many, many grip lifts that you do that I could not even get off the ground but that's the beautiful thing about grip and Gripsport in general. Grip is very unique - I would say my above "feat" 99% of grip community would have problem with the Hub curl but much easier time with the #3 held shut. For me, I was mentally prepared for the gripper aspect and really the hub curl was an afterthought. In time you will be destroying the #3 if that is your path you choose no doubt! Finger rolls really have helped me in the last 2 months. Thanks for watching.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Doug. You have many, many grip lifts that you do that I could not even get off the ground but that's the beautiful thing about grip and Gripsport in general. Grip is very unique - I would say my above "feat" 99% of grip community would have problem with the Hub curl but much easier time with the #3 held shut. For me, I was mentally prepared for the gripper aspect and really the hub curl was an afterthought. In time you will be destroying the #3 if that is your path you choose no doubt! Finger rolls really have helped me in the last 2 months. Thanks for watching.

Thanks so much!  I agree that grip/gripsport is both beautiful and unique in that we all have our own respective journeys, strengths, and accomplishments.

One of my (many) goals is expanding my training to include grippers and other comp type lifts.  As much as I love blobs and block weights, I simply feel like I need to branch out a bit.

I enjoy watching your videos because they're inspirational/aspirational for me.  Would be cool to work up to attempting things along the lines of what you do--one day...

• Like 1

Supper way cool fu$&ing lift.

I can’t believe how strong 💪 you are, 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

8/24/23 - Exactly one year since Plate Hub return. I took first 3 months off this year and truly missed it. Nothing like being outside and plate hubbing and having the neighbors watching, LOL @ 6A.M. Before I pat myself on the back (very talented at that,too) with vids, snapshots, etc I wanted to list my top 5 PLATE hubbers that I have seen. IMO, James Fuller is the Godfather of plate hubbing- so after James:

1. Timmeh Livingston

2. Joel Dircks

3. Brian Shaw

4. Aaron Corcorran

5. Matti Heiskanen

Those are the baad dudes on plate hubbing. Below will be a mere mortal work the last month Feats, wrist combos left and right hands, etc. Only immediate goals left is 20 plus seconds level hold JL 50 LB plates, 13 reps Rows(maybe today) and ultimate long term goal Double 45 Milled York Curl - year away min.

Over 16 Seconds Left hand Eccentric JL 50 LB Plate Hub, Wrist strength combos- 9.4 LB front sledge DL with JL 50 LB Plate hub. 13.3 LB rear Sledge with JL 50 plate hub, Farmers walk with 13.3 LB rear sledge kept level with JL 50 LB plate, love bloom comment unknown to me until last year:), JL 50 LB Hub Rows level x 5 reps, JL 50 LB Hub clean and Press, load the bar with 50 LB JL hub plate with weak hand, Level 50 LB JL hub plates hold 14 seconds, Hub rows drop set with various plates(Wagon Wheel, JL 50, International 46 LB) JL 50 LB curl compilation, York 45 LB Milled Shallow hub - ultimate goal to curl- God willing will do it

double 14 JL.png

front and JL.png

rear and JL.png

JL eccemntric 16.png

bloom love.png

• Like 5

Simply amazing 

• Thanks 1