8/24/2022 Return to Plate Hubbing

Kluv#0

Day 1 after 18 months of not touching a plate hub. I was inspired to do some plate hubbing after seeing Stranger double 45LB hub with 10lb each added. At one time I was very good all-around hubber and still only American in top 10 in NAGS ranking in both Ironmind Hub(5th) and World of Grip Griptopz (7th). Plate Hubbing I had done all the major feats (curls, snatch, C&P, Transfers, KP, etc) except one huge problem - most done with my dominant hand. I would like to do a couple of double hub feats- curls and snatch both will take my fingers some time to get conditioned. This A.M. I washed off my deep dish international plates and will get to work 1-2 week but will update only when something significant.  Below video just some silliness this A.M.

Edited by Kluv#0
Change of title
  • Like 8

Day 2 Hub work- Left hand 45 LB Plate Hub Curl. I managed 3 scruffy singles below vid was less scruffy. Left hand timed holds and heavy finger walks to finish. Right hand is resting due to big bumper pool finals vs. my buddies tonite. 

• Like 8

I was asked a couple times in recent days who I thought was the best all-around hubber (IM Hub-claw style, Shallow hub-claw style, Plate hubbing)

John McCarter and Harri Tolonen are from another hub planet. Take away those two baad dudes and my top 5 all-around hubbers that I have ever seen-

1. Aaron C. 2. Joel Dircks 3. Jerome Bloom 4. Gil Goodman 5. Timmeh_59 (IG name)

• Like 4

On 8/26/2022 at 1:08 PM, Kluv#0 said:

Day 2 Hub work- Left hand 45 LB Plate Hub Curl. I managed 3 scruffy singles below vid was less scruffy. Left hand timed holds and heavy finger walks to finish. Right hand is resting due to big bumper pool finals vs. my buddies tonite. 

I'd be more impressed if you did that chalk-less after you hosed it down.😜

Seriously though, that was really impressive. Especially after 18 months off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I'd be more impressed if you did that chalk-less after you hosed it down.😜

Seriously though, that was really impressive. Especially after 18 months off.

Thank you, Joe. My left would be "hosed" if I tried. I will try a double curl upcoming week and hopefully refine for a community vote.

My second ever double 45 LB Plate Hub Curl- longish video as I weigh the plates. This was a C+ but still proud to have ability to do it especially at 7:20 A.M. :) Did one other double hub curl, holds and finished with high volume sledge fingerwalks and pony work. Should take me 2 more weeks to get a quality feat to get voted on but headed in right direction. I did come up with a couple of hub ideas that will be pretty groovy to perform.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

My second ever double 45 LB Plate Hub Curl- longish video as I weigh the plates. This was a C+ but still proud to have ability to do it especially at 7:20 A.M. :) Did one other double hub curl, holds and finished with high volume sledge fingerwalks and pony work. Should take me 2 more weeks to get a quality feat to get voted on but headed in right direction. I did come up with a couple of hub ideas that will be pretty groovy to perform.

That is awesome great job man!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Left Hand 45LB Plate Hub Curl and Press. I did 7 curl and press singles with my "weak hand" and did some crazy timed holds with my right. Not even 2 weeks into my hub return!

• Like 6

All you guys need to slow down a little so I can catch up.

If you lost any "hub strength", it certainly doesn't show.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

All you guys need to slow down a little so I can catch up.

If you lost any "hub strength", it certainly doesn't show.

You put in 4-5 sessions of hub plate work and you would be doing very well. Plate hub improvement and subsequent feats are pretty darn easy once you get the fingers conditioned and set aside 15-30 minutes each session. Thanks, I lost a good amount but getting strength and timing back with some quickness. TBH, it is easier for me as I only do wrist work and now plate hubbing.

• Like 3

My fingers needed some blood flow this A.M.- 20 LB Sledgehammer FW and 45 LB plate hub hold

• Like 6

Left Hand 45 LB Plate Hub Curl x 3 Reps. IMO, 7 plus reps would be considered World Class feat on this so long way to go but doing 3 reps with my left after last year major surgery is very special.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Left Hand 45 LB Plate Hub Curl x 3 Reps. IMO, 7 plus reps would be considered World Class feat on this so long way to go but doing 3 reps with my left after last year major surgery is very special.

Nice super strict reps! Strong!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, matek said:

Nice super strict reps! Strong!!

Thanks Muscles! I appreciate you checking out the video and your observation!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Nice work and extra points for the crocs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

MONSTER!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Nice work and extra points for the crocs.

Thanks, I have a hunch that I was the only person in the world doing 45 plate hub curls with Crocs on at 7 A.M. :)

18 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

MONSTER!

Thank You Big Man! Right back at ya !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

45 LB Hub idea from watching Joel Dircks. First day of hubbing in 2 weeks due to sore extensors from Heslep bends.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

45 LB Hub idea from watching Joel Dircks. First day of hubbing in 2 weeks due to sore extensors from Heslep bends.

Yeah bending is sure rough on the body. But it’s still worth it. 

I’ve found it tricky to find a good balance   of bending and grip but I’m getting there. Sometimes I feel drained after bending. That’s been my biggest issue lately.

• Like 1

that's how a real gripman loads a bar

Very impressive , 

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

that's how a real gripman loads a bar

Very impressive , 

That is a good saying💪Thanks buddy🙏 

• Like 1

15 Seconds Eccentric - 45 LB Plate Hub Curl Left Hand. Continuous downward movement. 

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 5

nice work ,very controlled

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1