8/24/2022 Return to Plate Hubbing

Kluv#0

Day off but went in garage for to screw around- no thumb 25LB plate hub:) First time trying. Nobody in world would be able to do 45LB plate I don't care how much sauce they take- no chance! Later on, went out for another wagon wheel lift.

Edited by Kluv#0
Add
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Day off but went in garage for to screw around- no thumb 25LB plate hub:) First time trying. Nobody in world would be able to do 45LB plate I don't care how much sauce they take- no chance!

INSANE!

• Like 2

COOL LIFT

I mite try that when I get home to night

• Like 2

The wagon wheel looks super cool. Nice lift.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

didn't see that thumbless hub lift earlier. That was awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

12/24/22 Hub Keypinch 45LB Wagon Wheel- Harder than regular 45LB Plate Hub KP as it is very shallow and awkward size. Wagon Wheel Hub Depth 5/8" Hub Width 2 7/8" and Wheel width 26". I wanted to do this feat prior to focusing on grippers and wrist going forward. This concludes my 4 month return to hubbing 8/24/22- 12/24/22 My best feat was Page 1 (Sept 5th) Fingerwalking 22.5 LB sledge while hubbing 45LB. plate

1957527741_kpdaddy.png.8fb9c84c4f4f4d9b5200a14e35d90ff9.png

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 8

• 5 months later...

I bought a Pair of Jack Lalanne Vintage 50 LB Plates 2 weeks ago - here is some highlights and no doubt will do the double curl once my right hand fingers are conditioned for such feat. Great plates but freakin Difficult

Hub Curl x 2 Left Hand - Double Hold 10 seconds - Hub Snatch not great but not too shabby for first session of snatch

• Like 7

Croc power . fantastic lift.

I love those Jack LaLanne plates

• Thanks 1

Double Hub Curl Jack LaLanne Vintage 50 LB Plates - not perfect but like I mentioned in the video it is a start and to my knowledge the first person to do double hub curl of these plates. Freakin difficult. Right Plate 50.7 LB -Left Plate 49.6 LB

• Like 5

That's freaking incredible, fantastic lift.

That looks very difficult

nice work

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

That's freaking incredible, fantastic lift.

That looks very difficult

nice work

Thanks big guy! Width of hub, shallowness along with extra 5 LBs makes it crazy hard. My son deserves lots of credit as He has taken up fingerwalking and was talking to his old man LOL so I have upped (25 LB left and right last month) my already strong FW game and that has helped with these plates. Very pleased with result and big admirer of the man himself Jack LaLanne.

• Like 3

me took, I dont think that Jack LaLanne get the recognition he deserves

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

me took, I dont think that Jack LaLanne get the recognition he deserves

Yeah, way before my time but I always got the feeling like he gets looped up in the same category as Richard Simmons.. Nothing against that dude either though.

Jack was incredible if you read about him and the feats he achieved.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Double Hub Curl Jack LaLanne Vintage 50 LB Plates - not perfect but like I mentioned in the video it is a start and to my knowledge the first person to do double hub curl of these plates. Freakin difficult. Right Plate 50.7 LB -Left Plate 49.6 LB

Your videos never cease to amaze me. 

I'm really starting to think you got tendons of steel.

• Thanks 1

Sat 6/24/23 Age 56. Two short term hub goals achieved. Jack Lalanne eccentric work is no doubt world class finger strength- most jump up and down because they hub lifted:)

• Like 10

Amazing hub lifts!

• Thanks 1

way cool hub lifts

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

3 Reps Jack LaLanne Vintage 50 LB Plate Hub Curls with my left hand and 17 Second continuous Eccentric 46 LB plate. Zero touch of shoulder on any curl. 

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 8

While your wrist and grip strength is incredible. What really amazes me the most is your control and form. 

Whatever feat you do.. You seem to OWN it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

While your wrist and grip strength is incredible. What really amazes me the most is your control and form. 

Whatever feat you do.. You seem to OWN it.

I appreciate the kind words wrist brother Joe! TBH, very proud to overcome the last 2 years and do this with my left is something I will cherish forever. Not possible without support from my family, closest friends and supporters such as yourself- Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Way super cool lift dude

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Thanks 1