8/24/2022 Return to Plate Hubbing

Kluv#0

8 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Flames Clogs GIF by Crocs Shoes

Croc power!

That is awesome! 🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊

• Haha 1

Ton of hub curls and did some 35 LB Cinder block curls (Vid Below)Have seen JR do these and other absurd strength cinder curls. It was quite challenging and fun. Tried to do with thumb on left of center divider and too hard

Edited by Kluv#0
Spelling
  • Like 5

Double 45 lB plate Hub Hold 23 seconds. Slow & Continuous 45 LB Hub Curl 26 Seconds (9 seconds Concentric/ 17 Eccentric) Left Hand. Fun yet challenging. I wanted to check on Marcy deep dish hub and got interesting Google pics:)

Edited by Kluv#0
add
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Slow & Continuous 45 LB Hub Curl 26 Seconds (9 seconds Concentric/ 17 Eccentric) Left Hand. Fun yet challenging. I wanted to check on Marcy deep dish hub and got interesting Google pics:)

mnarcy.png.7f60634ffc4f110dcadadec3a97a00c6.png

Crazy finger and wrist strength!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Crazy finger and wrist strength!

Thanks! It is mostly finger strength but yes small element of wrist. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Index and Thumb Only 45 LB Plate Hub Lift. Did 2 lifts and felt very interesting/difficult. International Deep Dish 45 LB plate Perfect weather 52 degrees and 78 Humidity. Hopefully in the next month do a hub feat nobody has ever seen.

index thumb.png

Edited by Kluv#0
add lift
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Index and Thumb Only 45 LB Plate Hub Lift. Did 2 lifts and felt very interesting/difficult. International Deep Dish 45 LB plate Perfect weather 52 degrees and 78 Humidity. Hopefully in the next month do a feat nobody has ever seen.

hub 111.png

hub222.png

INSANE!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

INSANE!

You referring to my cardigan or the lift? Thanks Big man! I went to a 2017 Christmas grip event and Jon Eklund(a Baad MF gripster in his prime) did an index and thumb only hub lift. Always thought that was pretty cool feat. Not uncommon but definitely top shelf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

You referring to my cardigan or the lift? Thanks Big man! I went to a 2017 Christmas grip event and Jon Eklund(a Baad MF gripster in his prime) did an index and thumb only hub lift. Always thought that was pretty cool feat. Not uncommon but definitely top shelf.

I am referring to both!

It is an awesome feat.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Index and Thumb Only 45 LB Plate Hub Lift. Did 2 lifts and felt very interesting/difficult. International Deep Dish 45 LB plate Perfect weather 52 degrees and 78 Humidity. Hopefully in the next month do a feat nobody has ever seen.

hub 111.png

hub222.png

You look like you should be smoking a pipe.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

You look like you should be smoking a pipe.

LOL, maybe in my early 20's. I got back from an errand-went to backyard to loosen my paws up (axle kicked my butt yesterday) and decided to keep the Dude sweater on. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Index and Thumb Only 45 LB Plate Hub Lift. Did 2 lifts and felt very interesting/difficult. International Deep Dish 45 LB plate Perfect weather 52 degrees and 78 Humidity. Hopefully in the next month do a hub feat nobody has ever seen.

hub222.png

hubby5555.png

That's truly impressive!

Btw when will you pour olive oil on that plate and hublift it? 😂

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, matek said:

That's truly impressive!

200.gif

Popeye loves it when he gets some Olive Oil on his hub!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, matek said:

That's truly impressive!

Thanks Muscles! Olive oil would be unreal on that hublift, LOL. 

• Like 1

Exactly 2 months since return to Plate Hub- Has been fun as I love trying new things and enjoy watching top hubbers do their thing. Gave this a go (Video below-Fail but proud anyway) this A.M. after a great Axle workout. Side 13.3 LB sledgehammer DL is nasty, and I was rusty but fun anyway. Iam working on a cool hub feat and will get it done fairly soon- I think Zach and Timmah(IG Name) will be the only men who could replicate.

biss1.png

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Exactly 2 months since return to Plate Hub- Has been fun as I love trying new things and enjoy watching top hubbers do their thing. Gave this a go (Video below-Fail but proud anyway) this A.M. after a great Axle workout. Side 13.3 LB sledgehammer DL is nasty, and I was rusty but fun anyway. Iam working on a cool hub feat and will get it done fairly soon- I think Zach and Timmah(IG Name) will be the only men who could replicate.

biss1.png

That was awesome…..Give me some time, I’ll be doing it too!

What I really want to do is lift the inch while levering a 20lbs sledge which i knows been done before.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

That was awesome…..Give me some time, I’ll be doing it too!

What I really want to do is lift the inch while levering a 20lbs sledge which i knows been done before.

Thanks. No question you will achieve what you want in grip! Yes, that INCREDIBLE feat was done by Big Joe Sullivan- He held the Inch replica DB while levering a 20LB stamped sledge for 5-6 reps!!!! Joe Sullivan had some of the best wrists in history- anyone who disputes that are jellies/morons or both

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks. No question you will achieve what you want in grip! Yes, that INCREDIBLE feat was done by Big Joe Sullivan- He held the Inch replica DB while levering a 20LB stamped sledge for 5-6 reps!!!! Joe Sullivan had some of the best wrists in history- anyone who disputes that are jellies/morons or both

There are a lot of great gripsters here but Joe Sullivan is one of the best. I miss his presence here.

• Like 1

Hub Combo lift- IM Hub claw style (70.9 LB) & Plate Hub (55.8 LB) IMO, not hard but unique. Had not used IM hub since April '21 - I don't really miss it as plate hubbing is pretty cool. Still working on that never before seen...

hub mania.png

• Like 5

Just in case... 80.8 LB Ironmind Hub claw style and 8 LB (9.4LB) Front sledge coin DL - AGE 53

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Just in case... 80.8 LB Ironmind Hub claw style and 8 LB (9.4LB) Front sledge coin DL - AGE 53

No crocs no cardigan. Doesn’t count.

• Haha 2