Thanks man much appreciated!

I will be watching for updates, I might wanna get the program myself 🧐

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 3:33 PM, EmilBB said:

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

It's worth every penny! Also it doesn't matter what set you're using I only train no sets and I can still run it.

I can honestly say anything Jedd puts out is worth the investment. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EmilBB said:

You do need rated grippers for the program if you don't own an adjustable or a bunch of rated grippers you can't run the program.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

You do need rated grippers for the program if you don't own an adjustable or a bunch of rated grippers you can't run the program.

I have an adjustable and too many rated grippers, so I should be fine if I end up buying the program. What does it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

Just now, EmilBB said:

I have an adjustable and too many rated grippers, so I should be fine if I end up buying the program. What does it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

It's very cheap it was €44.50 for me. There's also two other e-books in there for injury prevention.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cadence based training update:

I have finished the program and retested my max and it turns out I have regressed....

I have followed it to the T but it seems like it hasn't worked for me.

I am going to test my max again and run it one more time hopefully I will at least see some progress this time.

Instead of making me stronger it has made everything feel stupidly heavy...

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

I had the same problem, I don't think it works as well with wide sets (atleast not for me). I actually just quit my CCS program 6 weeks in and I'm gonna switch to using 2 different sets (MMS and 38mm block) and I added +5 RGC to my max, to see if I can get more out of it.

• Like 1

Just now, EmilBB said:

I had the same problem, I don't think it works as well with wide sets (atleast not for me). I actually just quit my CCS program 6 weeks in and I'm gonna switch to using 2 different sets (MMS and 38mm block) and I added +5 RGC to my max, to see if I can get more out of it.

That sucks man I am sorry to hear that I am glad it's making your MMS and block sets stronger.

3 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Cadence based training update:

I have finished the program and retested my max and it turns out I have regressed....

I have followed it to the T but it seems like it hasn't worked for me.

I am going to test my max again and run it one more time hopefully I will at least see some progress this time.

Instead of making me stronger it has made everything feel stupidly heavy...

That is really frustrating, sorry to hear that. I imagine you likely did make some gains but other factors could be impacting performance. It seemed early on it was working do you have any thoughts on what it could be? How is your general workouts going? Are you making progress in other lifts or are you stalling all around? 

37 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

That is really frustrating, sorry to hear that. I imagine you likely did make some gains but other factors could be impacting performance. It seemed early on it was working do you have any thoughts on what it could be? How is your general workouts going? Are you making progress in other lifts or are you stalling all around? 

I appreciate it!

I am only able to train grippers due to health issues I am not able to train anything else.

I was stalling prior to getting the program but I wasn't regressing.

I was sleep deprived througout the entire program so I failed with my right hand but everything went really well with my left hand.

I already expected zero progress with my right hand but like I said everything went really well with my left hand and I still regressed.

I was doing a lot better when I was doing my own program.

I also can't set because I have built the majority of my crushing strength with the Ivanko Super Gripper but I was doing fine with no sets prior to getting Cadence Based Training.

It wasn't my sleep deprivation because lack of sleep has never affected my gripper performance.

It was a waste of money and I am definitely not going to try running it again with the risk of losing even more strength.

The program simply doesn't work for wider sets I am not going to sugarcoat things or blame other factors just because it's a program that was written by a grip coach.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear that... I haven't tried that program yet, but I actually plan to with some modifications.
I remember when I was doing powerlifting, I haven't been able to progress properly with cookie-cutter programs because almost everything was too low volume for my body (except Smolov, but that's another story). Maybe take away the parts you think it's good (like holds, filed closes, whatever) and incorporate them into your own program you did previously. 
Good luck, and don't worry, the strength will come back fast!

• Like 3

Just now, matek said:

Sorry to hear that... I haven't tried that program yet, but I actually plan to with some modifications.
I remember when I was doing powerlifting, I haven't been able to progress properly with cookie-cutter programs because almost everything was too low volume for my body (except Smolov, but that's another story). Maybe take away the parts you think it's good (like holds, filed closes, whatever) and incorporate them into your own program you did previously. 
Good luck, and don't worry, the strength will come back fast!

Thanks for the kind words man!

• Like 1

At least you can say you tried.. like Matek said, if you got anything good out of it then use that for your own program. 

Whatever strength you've lost, i'm sure you'll gain back quickly. Who knows maybe once you get back on your own program you'll break through your plateau now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

At least you can say you tried.. like Matek said, if you got anything good out of it then use that for your own program. 

Whatever strength you've lost, i'm sure you'll gain back quickly. Who knows maybe once you get back on your own program you'll break through your plateau now.

That's true.

I hope so I am definitely planning on doing so at least now I know what works and doesn't work.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3

Gripper trainin can go very up and down. You might just need more recovery, you might actually be stronger once you fully recovered. It's almost impossible to know exactly when you're recovered from gripper training, it's very strange in that way.

I've lost count on how many times I've regressed from gripper training, only to bounce back and hit a new PR a month later.

All my PR's have been done after I've really over-worked grippers to the point of almost getting injured, or even getting injured.

• Like 1

Just now, Fist of Fury said:

Gripper trainin can go very up and down. You might just need more recovery, you might actually be stronger once you fully recovered. It's almost impossible to know exactly when you're recovered from gripper training, it's very strange in that way.

I've lost count on how many times I've regressed from gripper training, only to bounce back and hit a new PR a month later.

All my PR's have been done after I've really over-worked grippers to the point of almost getting injured, or even getting injured.

Thanks for the insight I didn't know that!

I am going to retest some maxes next week hopefully I have progressed instead of regressed we'll found out soon.

I retested my max today and I lost A TON of strength.

The max I used for Cadence Based Training feels SUPER heavy now and I'd say I am a good 30mm away from closing it.

This is the setting that I could close the first time I ever touched it.

Cadence Based Training has destroyed my gripper strength.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I retested my max today and I lost A TON of strength.

The max I used for Cadence Based Training feels SUPER heavy now and I'd say I am a good 30mm away from closing it.

This is the setting that I could close the first time I ever touched it.

Cadence Based Training has destroyed my gripper strength.

Sucks to hear man, 30mm is quite a lot to have lost. I'm sure it will return in no time though, sometimes our own programs are best🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

Sucks to hear man, 30mm is quite a lot to have lost. I'm sure it will return in no time though, sometimes our own programs are best🙂

Thanks man. I will get it back I tested 4-5 with my right hand and 3-4 with my left hand after missing my previous maxes by 30mm.

I missed both of them by a hair which means that those two should be my new maxes now that means that my maxes have gone down about 5kg(11lbs) RGC.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Thanks man. I will get it back I tested 4-5 with my right hand and 3-4 with my left hand after missing my previous maxes by 30mm.

I missed both of them by a hair which means that those two should be my new maxes now that means that my maxes have gone down about 5kg(11lbs) RGC.

You'll get back in no time I'm sure of it. 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2

I wouldn’t overly stress about it I go backwards all the time on grippers and get frustrated but then next time I get on a bit of a roll I’ll get to a higher level than I have ever been at.

• Like 4

Thanks for the kind words guys!

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

You'll get back in no time I'm sure of it. 

This, especially if you remember what worked before. 

• Like 1