Masters of metal, agents of steel

David_wigren

3 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Hahaha you looked drunk 😂 strong bending in those tissues 

Lol, it's tough work weeks is all. Sometimes I have 70 hours a week, and it's tough labor. Definitely makes me look strange 😂

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Lol, it's tough work weeks is all. Sometimes I have 70 hours a week, and it's tough labor. Definitely makes me look strange 😂

Haha not strange just tired/drunk 😂

What do you work with?

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Haha not strange just tired/drunk 😂

What do you work with?

I deliver and install appliances. I load a truck at 4 am, and then I hit the road. Usually around 8 fridges a day+ other things. I carry them upstairs and other places with a partner. It gets rather taxing throughout the week. Good money though. I would say in a day I love a good 30 appliances total

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

I deliver and install appliances. I load a truck at 4 am, and then I hit the road. Usually around 8 fridges a day+ other things. I carry them upstairs and other places with a partner. It gets rather taxing throughout the week. Good money though. I would say in a day I love a good 30 appliances total

Wow sounds like hard work! Non wonder your getting strong fast

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

Must be great training for your hands and grip though! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bruce1337 said:

Must be great training for your hands and grip though! 

In some ways, yes. I have to limit myself unfortunately otherwise it's too easy to overtrain.

8mm x 6.25" S355 failed after 30 mins of bending. Gonna be a good iso crush tool for now.

20220228_123233.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Crush got me off guard. Thought I had finished it but had like 1mm to go 😂

• Like 3

Just now, bruce1337 said:

Very strong!!! 

• Thanks 1

8mm x 6.25" s355 iso crush in one hit

8mm x 7" s355 work hardened at 20 degrees failed to finish in doubles. I was either gassed out from all the other bending or work hardening made this bar alot harder! 

20220310_140728.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruce1337 said:

Welcome to the blue pad group!

4 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Welcome to the blue pad group!

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

So started with braced bending this weekend. Managed a 51cm 12mm rebar and a 12" 12mm HRS.

• Like 3

Thom got bored of ruining grip and unbraced bending so hes moved onto ruining everything else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Typical Thom thing to do. Ruining one event at a time.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

100d nail DO

M10 x 12" bolt snap

3/8" x 8" 4.8 bolt

IMG_20220329_202240_285.jpg

IMG_20220329_202240_316.jpg

IMG_20220329_202240_330.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bruce1337 said:

100d nail DO

M10 x 12" bolt snap

3/8" x 8" 4.8 bolt

I for sure thought, since your in the land downunder that the U would point upwards.. dissapointed

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bent a 16mm x 15”. Making the shortest ever 16 or 5/8” ever bent. 

A few weeks ago I also bent a 15mm x 14”. I have it on video but I think I can get it at 13”. I did in fact bend one at 13” but misjudged the time and went over the 5 minute time mark with a few seconds.

The plan is to work through every thickness I can find and workmy way down to as short as I can. And also bend some rated bars from Horne. I might be biting off more than I can chew but I’m hoping I can go over 300k with the mid length bars. Long bars I’m a bit rusty. But I still think my old bends of 20mm stock is near the top level that guys are doing today, maybe even a little over. The 20mm stock I bent back then were significantly harder than some of the other 20mm hrs I’ve felt. And I worked down to 33-34” with that particular stock. But like I said, I’m a bit rusty with the long bars and since the technique for parts of the sweep is different than for short and mid bars, I’ll probably not be so strong from the start without putting in some specialized training for that specific length.

• Like 4

On 3/29/2022 at 12:08 PM, bruce1337 said:

100d nail DO

M10 x 12" bolt snap

3/8" x 8" 4.8 bolt

Those threads are gonna kill you if you’re not careful 😂

• Like 2

22 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Bent a 16mm x 15”. Making the shortest ever 16 or 5/8” ever bent. 

A few weeks ago I also bent a 15mm x 14”. I have it on video but I think I can get it at 13”. I did in fact bend one at 13” but misjudged the time and went over the 5 minute time mark with a few seconds.

The plan is to work through every thickness I can find and workmy way down to as short as I can. And also bend some rated bars from Horne. I might be biting off more than I can chew but I’m hoping I can go over 300k with the mid length bars. Long bars I’m a bit rusty. But I still think my old bends of 20mm stock is near the top level that guys are doing today, maybe even a little over. The 20mm stock I bent back then were significantly harder than some of the other 20mm hrs I’ve felt. And I worked down to 33-34” with that particular stock. But like I said, I’m a bit rusty with the long bars and since the technique for parts of the sweep is different than for short and mid bars, I’ll probably not be so strong from the start without putting in some specialized training for that specific length.

Glad to see you back in top shape to ruin braced bending for everyone 👍

• Haha 1

5/16"x7" 1018 CRS Double wraps double underhand. Took 4 minutes. Most brutal bend of my life. Other steel is the failed attempts from prior weeks.

Snapchat-403835462.jpg

Screenshot_20220412-171457.png

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

5/16"x7" 1018 CRS Double wraps double underhand. Took 4 minutes. Most brutal bend of my life. Other steel is the failed attempts from prior weeks.

Snapchat-403835462.jpg

Screenshot_20220412-171457.png

Serious steel to be bending double underhand!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Serious steel to be bending double underhand!

Yeah the only thing that bothered me was the time it took to bend, my first hit got 20°, and I was so beat after that it took a while. I still need some technique work for sure

8 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Yeah the only thing that bothered me was the time it took to bend, my first hit got 20°, and I was so beat after that it took a while. I still need some technique work for sure

Horrido's certs in within 5 minutes so 4 is ok