Masters of metal, agents of steel

David_wigren

1 hour ago, Lennix said:

I don't like double bends that much, it feels so inconsistent. Sometimes you ram into 2 pieces or 3 taped together and their impossible, next session is like warmup depending on how the steel line up. Have you noticed anything like that?

Back in the day before you had easy access to steel online, I would only bend ironmind stock for the first 6-10 months (which was expensive as (bad word filter)). I’m sure I could’ve gone to a steel supplier and found some steel. But at the time I didn’t even know where to look for something like that. And much less have any idea as to what I would get if I even found a steel source. Today it’s easier with everything being online. I used to tape Ironmind nails together and use as progression and I also experienced the same thing. Sometimes, because of how they bend, they’ll get like 10-20% harder.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Back in the day before you had easy access to steel online, I would only bend ironmind stock for the first 6-10 months (which was expensive as (bad word filter)). I’m sure I could’ve gone to a steel supplier and found some steel. But at the time I didn’t even know where to look for something like that. And much less have any idea as to what I would get if I even found a steel source. Today it’s easier with everything being online. I used to tape Ironmind nails together and use as progression and I also experienced the same thing. Sometimes, because of how they bend, they’ll get like 10-20% harder.

More hard = get more strong

Simple maffmatics

3 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

More hard = get more strong

Simple maffmatics

Yeah, it’s a simple equation. Whenever you fail at something it’s because you didn’t have enough strong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lennix said:

I don't like double bends that much, it feels so inconsistent. Sometimes you ram into 2 pieces or 3 taped together and their impossible, next session is like warmup depending on how the steel line up. Have you noticed anything like that?

Yes, especially with things like 60D's. I find even the ones in the same batches have quality control issues. It's my favorite for aesthetic reasons, really.

Okay so some news, injured my SC joint last bending session (most likely) bending anything above 7" is impossible. Bending shorter stuff was possible but kink is a bitch still. 

Todays bend 

7mm nail 150mm x2 

8.8mm nail 160mm doubles

Horrido 8.8 bolt 6.5" doubles 

• Like 3

I forgot to post about this one. I had two previously failed 307k bars that sat at about 30 and 40 degrees respectively. I also finished a 243 kg bar cut down to 11”, which should be 290-295ish. I finished them all last sunday using world of grip wraps. As soon as I got to the point where I could get the leg crush started, it became relatively easy to finish. The challenge with these bar and those wraps is mostly in the kink and sweep. The leg crush is hard yes, but nowhere near as hard as the kink once you’ve got it far enough. 

I have one untouched 307k bar and a 13” 243k bar. Next time I’m feeling strong I might go for the 307k bar. It would be very satisfying to cert on the 307k bar as I’m pretty sure that no one will be prepared to work hard enough to beat that bend. I’m sure people could if they tried. But no one is going to do it easy and as long as spike length 8”-14” bends with thin wraps doesn’t become a super popular event, I don’t see anyone beating the 307k. But I could be wrong. I used to think the same about the 252k bar I did in 2018. 

66F13AB2-88A7-4053-8FA5-CC93678585AD.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

I don’t see anyone beating the 307k.

Hold my beer love

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lennix said:

Hold my beer love

I’d be surprised to see you get over 200k on a 12mm or 14mm bar.

On 2/16/2022 at 11:30 AM, David_wigren said:

I forgot to post about this one. I had two previously failed 307k bars that sat at about 30 and 40 degrees respectively. I also finished a 243 kg bar cut down to 11”, which should be 290-295ish. I finished them all last sunday using world of grip wraps. As soon as I got to the point where I could get the leg crush started, it became relatively easy to finish. The challenge with these bar and those wraps is mostly in the kink and sweep. The leg crush is hard yes, but nowhere near as hard as the kink once you’ve got it far enough. 

I have one untouched 307k bar and a 13” 243k bar. Next time I’m feeling strong I might go for the 307k bar. It would be very satisfying to cert on the 307k bar as I’m pretty sure that no one will be prepared to work hard enough to beat that bend. I’m sure people could if they tried. But no one is going to do it easy and as long as spike length 8”-14” bends with thin wraps doesn’t become a super popular event, I don’t see anyone beating the 307k. But I could be wrong. I used to think the same about the 252k bar I did in 2018. 

66F13AB2-88A7-4053-8FA5-CC93678585AD.jpeg

Davids braced bending is so far ahead of anyone else its hard to even fathom how difficult this feat is. 

• Like 1

Some bending between squats

8.8mm x 8" nail from failed session ISO crush in one hit to under 2"

Horrido 8.8 bolt ISO crush from 2 3/4" to 2"

7.6mm x 5" nail DO

8mm x 7" S355 singles attempt stuck at 20 degrees

• Like 4

16 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Some bending between squats

8.8mm x 8" nail from failed session ISO crush in one hit to under 2"

Horrido 8.8 bolt ISO crush from 2 3/4" to 2"

7.6mm x 5" nail DO

8mm x 7" S355 singles attempt stuck at 20 degrees

I might have to try something similar. Do squats or deadlifts or something before steel bending sessions to fire up your cns. We all know how much it helps for grip. It’s probably not out of the question that it would work for steel bending.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 6:07 PM, bruce1337 said:

Davids braced bending is so far ahead of anyone else its hard to even fathom how difficult this feat is. 

You’re making me blush.

I did some DO bending this Saturday!

10.9 bolt 7" in slightly above 5 minutes but wasnt rushing it. Would actually be a PR for me if I had my crushpads ready and wasnt doing it for the training. I actually crushed it from 80mm to 50mm in 2 hits were most of it came from the first hit which is nuts.

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I might have to try something similar. Do squats or deadlifts or something before steel bending sessions to fire up your cns. We all know how much it helps for grip. It’s probably not out of the question that it would work for steel bending.

My goal is to squat 400lbs for 60 reps then barehand gold nail

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bruce1337 said:

Your mustache would have to get twice as big before that can happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Just remember to eat your tonnage of beans and never EVER use chalk.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Your mustache would have to get twice as big before that can happen.

4 hours ago, stranger said:

Just remember to eat your tonnage of beans and never EVER use chalk.

And then sell my own bending how-to VHS tapes called "Get Bent"

• Haha 2

7x210mm nail IMPs

7.6mm x 5" nail doubles

8mm x 6.5" rebar doubles

8mm x 6" rebar doubles. Kink was nothing, sweep was something, crush was everything.

207k grade 8 IMPs FAIL. I hate this stupid bolt its legit harder than a red nail, also why do I even bother with IMPs anymore the cert is dead anyway 😂

20220223_120410.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

New PR for ironmind pads. Hand toughness is getting a lot better 

Are you bending while drunk again? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

No, why do you ask?? 🤔🤔

Hahaha you looked drunk 😂 strong bending in those tissues 

• Like 1