Masters of metal, agents of steel

David_wigren

Did this strange shipping bolt from work. Easily my hardest bend ever. I can do a 5/16"x7" 70D in about 4 hits in leathers. This took way way more than that. I wanna get my hands on some more of these, and when I do I would love to send them to anyone here.

It's 5/17"x6.5".

Snapchat-1199818530.jpg

Snapchat-487314314.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

Did this strange shipping bolt from work. Easily my hardest bend ever. I can do a 5/16"x7" 70D in about 4 hits in leathers. This took way way more than that. I wanna get my hands on some more of these, and when I do I would love to send them to anyone here.

It's 5/17"x6.5".

Snapchat-1199818530.jpg

Snapchat-487314314.jpg

Don’t send them to Thom. Every time I send something to him he ruins the fun by bending it too easy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

It's 5/17"x6.5".

Snapchat-1199818530.jpg

Snapchat-487314314.jpg

Any info from the supplier about the grade of bolt? seems like a perfect training bolt. Work on getting your time down each session.

I found some carriage bolts without markings that happened to be 4.6 steel. Wasn't labelled but just from bending them I knew what it was. Gonna grab some 10mm to play around with later. 

Edited by bruce1337

35 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Bent a US dime. Tommy heslep style

Snapchat-869646338.jpg

Snapchat-1232930486.jpg

How did you manage that? Thats cool as hell!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

How did you manage that? Thats cool as hell!

Well, honestly it makes me cringe to say it.

I wrapped a piece of suede on it and used my teeth and thumb like tommy heslep 

10 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Well, honestly it makes me cringe to say it.

I wrapped a piece of suede on it and used my teeth and thumb like tommy heslep 

Yikes! That seems painfull

8x180mm S355 singles fail ~20deg

8x150mm rebar singles ~5mins

20211216_145608.jpg

20211216_150919.jpg

Edited by bruce1337
  • Like 5

My 12” 12 mm S275 rated at 277 kg got approved. It’s a new wr for this length using world of grip wraps. I used to have the WR at 252 kg but lost it this summer in King’s shield when Simon bent a 255.6 kg bar. Now the record is back in Sweden.

I also tried a 307 kg bar last friday. Felt like I almost got it far enough to crush, but not quite. I still have another 307 kg bar. If I manage to bend it in cert conditions I feel that it will not likely be beaten for a very long time (until Thom tries braced bending).

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

My 12” 12 mm S275 rated at 277 kg got approved. It’s a new wr for this length using world of grip wraps. I used to have the WR at 252 kg but lost it this summer in King’s shield when Simon bent a 255.6 kg bar. Now the record is back in Sweden.

I also tried a 307 kg bar last friday. Felt like I almost got it far enough to crush, but not quite. I still have another 307 kg bar. If I manage to bend it in cert conditions I feel that it will not likely be beaten for a very long time (until Thom tries braced bending).

Congrats on the WR! I have seen many of your bending videos - very impressive on all areas! I know you bent the blue nail Heslep style- Iam getting pretty close to getting the blue nail Heslep style too but it takes everything I have😢

On 12/20/2021 at 3:36 PM, David_wigren said:

Congrats David! Awesome bend, well deserved.

Did a bend on that mystery bolt. 6"x5/16". Sending one to chaz strange. This was a lot harder than the 70D, especially the crush!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Did a bend on that mystery bolt. 6"x5/16". Sending one to chaz strange. This was a lot harder than the 70D, especially the crush!

Well done! 

You have alot of leverage to gain from increasing your shoulder/upperback mobility! Try to get that bar deeper under your chin and you will crush heavier steel in no time! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lennix said:

Well done! 

You have alot of leverage to gain from increasing your shoulder/upperback mobility! Try to get that bar deeper under your chin and you will crush heavier steel in no time! 

Thank you Thom. That day I felt very stiff; but my mobility can always use work! Been practicing in the mirror with different length stocks and doing shoulder band dislocations

• Like 1

Last DO sesh of the year

7.6mm x 5" nail

A2 bolt x 5.5" failed to finish under 5mins. Slightly off centre and messed my crush

8mm x 7" hex CRS from previous attempt (20 degrees) finished off. This one was a big PR!

8.8 bolt from my failed attempt moved to 50 degrees

20211228_180315.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Last DO sesh of the year

7.6mm x 5" nail

A2 bolt x 5.5" failed to finish under 5mins. Slightly off centre and messed my crush

8mm x 7" hex CRS from previous attempt (20 degrees) finished off. This one was a big PR!

8.8 bolt from my failed attempt moved to 50 degrees

20211228_180315.jpg

BOOM! 8.8 DO cert does not seem like it would be far off! I give it 4 months until your name is next to that bolt on Horridos list!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

BOOM! 8.8 DO cert does not seem like it would be far off! I give it 4 months until your name is next to that bolt on Horridos list!

Thanks brother! To cert it by summer would be a great goal.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Thanks brother! To cert it by summer would be a great goal.

Race you man!! And I love bending hex stock, feels so satisfying to hold after you bend it. Cheers to big bends in 2022 man.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, devinhoo said:

Race you man!! And I love bending hex stock, feels so satisfying to hold after you bend it. Cheers to big bends in 2022 man.

You're on! Realistically you are probably closer to certing it than I am but its fun to have someone to challenge against 😁

These hex bars are super gnarly on the kink. It has to do with the type of steel (11SMnPb30+C) but on the crush theyre not too bad. Felt similar to an 8mm stainless bar.

Looking forward to seeing your progress in 2022 💪 gonna be a year for big bends for sure. Im thinking Thom has a possibility of certing 12.9 bolt as long as he doesnt injure himself on inch and blob lifting 😉

• Like 4

First DO in 20 days: 

7mm nail 210 x2 

8.8mm nail 210x1 

8.8mm nail 6.5" in doubles 

Gold nail in doubles got to 100mm left in like 28 seconds but ran out of power and started fiddling with wraps/crushpads so took another 5 min. 

• Like 5

On 11/27/2021 at 7:25 AM, David_wigren said:

Did some DO bending yesterday. Bent a 7” 8.8 nail. 

Super bend brother! Magnificent!

🤜🤛

• Like 1