• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roark

• Bill Piche

• OldGuy

• Tom of Iowa2

Grip page Tatoos. :D With the forearm/fist/lightning bolt logo......They can,of course, be temporary tatoos :inno

Or Grip Page tatooed across the knuckles.... :ohmy

That shows a serious commitment to your friends and comrades on the grip board???

I will get a real one done-

Rick Walker :rock

Get it before you get certtified on the #4! :rock

I've just got to figure out how to change the tatoos i already have on my knuckles'

On one hand I need to turn the 'F' #%*into a 'G'"R''I'"P' and the 'Y'*# on my other hand into a 'P''A''G''E'..........hhhmmmm ;)

I'll never forget hearing about some Nazi skinhead :angry: who walked into a tattoo parlor who wanted "OI" tattooed on his forehead (Oi! is the British version of the American "Hey!" - also a kind of music skins listen to)

The tattoo artist was American or something, and misheard him - and tattooed "OIL" on his forehead. :tongue Nevertheless, he ended up being quite the laughingstock...... :laugh

Silly racist. It's called Karma. HAHAHAHAHA :laugh

Sorry - just a silly tattoo story to share - in passing. Not that it applies to anyone here, thank God.

Guest gripmaster316
it seems that even if  several people  do  get certified for closing the #4 in 2003,  it will still be quite a while before IronMind decides to introduce a #5.

Absolutely!! May I remind everyone that less then 100 people can close a 3 and there are 6 billion people in the world. A mathematical calulation tells us that only %0.00000001 (I think this is right) of the population can close it. That is an extremely small percentage. I would say at least 20-30 people in the world would have to close the 4 for IM to even consider making a 5.

Edited by gripmaster316

Good eye, Mr. Black! I was wondering if anyone would catch that. Forget the hidden acronyms, why not just wear a grippage t-shirt. That will be our way of saying "hey, I'm a gripboard member!"

Actually the #5 might be a good idea.

Both for marketing of Grippers and for those advanced enough to get the #4 down a ways?

I think some guys have a 'World Class' and actually can get a little movement on it?

Perhaps if IronMind had something between a #4 and a "World Class'and DID call it #5 it would give the big boys something else to work out with and would raise the bar even higher for th future?! :yikes

AND many gripper collectors would buy it...just to have it...the first batch of #5's would certainly sell out pretty quickly AND have some value in 5 or 10 years?

We saw how close Holle was in the latest issue of Milo...what next for someone like that?I don't think the Holle brothers are going to retire anytime soon...and with their smaller body types i don't think they are going to be 'lost' to Pro Strongman...where perhaps other grip monsters are hideing out?

I'll never forget hearing about some Nazi skinhead :angry: who walked into a tattoo parlor who wanted "OI" tattooed on his forehead (Oi! is the British version of the American "Hey!" - also a kind of music skins listen to)

The tattoo artist was American or something, and misheard him - and tattooed "OIL" on his forehead. :tongue Nevertheless, he ended up being quite the laughingstock...... :laugh

Silly racist. It's called Karma. HAHAHAHAHA :laugh

Sorry - just a silly tattoo story to share - in passing. Not that it applies to anyone here, thank God.

While I was getting one of my tattoos a black woman stumbled in, drunk as all get out, and wanted to get a confederate flag tattooed on her. She was denied and told that they wouldn't do it even if she was sober.

BC.

Tom,

Actually we discussed IronMind making a #5 gripper. It will never happen, of course, but it is a dream for most of us! ;) I am not even close on my #4... so I'm not even thinking about a #5.

I didn't know you had discussed them but I bet they'd sell out the first batch over night? :rock Thats cool to hear that some are already interested!

I think?sometimes...when there is a loftier/tougher goal available?it sometimes drives people a bit harder :blush

Sort of like the gym that has a pair of 200#dumbells.Most may not be able to press em now?but first they'll shrug them!then they'll hit one arm rows with them!and someday? :rolleyes they'll press them.....or not. :cool Just that big number(200lbs DB's or #5?)-makes the other 'poundages'seem easier :whacked

RE: While I was getting one of my tattoos a black woman stumbled in, drunk as all get out, and wanted to get a confederate flag tattooed on her.

Oh, there are SO many reasons why that is just wrong.

Either she was gunning to sue the tat studio, or she's crazy, in which case someone else might.

But anyway, no real tattooist would tattoo ANYONE drunk, it makes him or her bleed more. Alcohol, vasodialator........

Is this getting as many hits and responses as the(paraphrazing) "#4 closure being tainted by steroids" topic?

Bseedot,

THAT was me!Thank God that Tatoo artist had some ethics.

Bseedot,

THAT was me!Thank God that Tatoo artist had some ethics.

Well the next time I'm in IA I'll be on the look-out for a black woman named Tom :laugh

BC.

I just received my new Milo, and I'm proud to say I'm in great company with the five other members from the Gripboard. What a great bunch of big, strong men. :D Congrats to all! The whole process of training, certifying, and finally receiving recognition with the rest of you guys has been a huge thrill for me!