New Milo!

Bill Piche

Pascal, Dave, Rick, Eric, and Chris are all in MILO.

Hey, just curious, did any of you mention the GripBoard or anything related to it?

Because there is no mention whatsoever. Rick's has "Under the guidance of many current Captains of Crush" which is about as close as it gets. That sure doesn't sound like Rick's words though.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roark

• Bill Piche

• OldGuy

• Tom of Iowa2

Congrats to all!

I don't have my copy yet. Is my paragragph and picture in there?

I called Ironmind a while back to see when I got my certificate and shirt. They replied that Part of my certification info. had not been turned in. Turns out that my information had been misplaced but Strossen said I would definatley be in this Milo because I caught the mistake two weeks before the deadline to make the issue. He told me I could " sit back and relax it would be taken care of." If I'm not in there I will be extremely pissed off.

Certification was supposed to be cool not some bullshit hassle, my witness Wade has been great going way out of his way checking and rechecking to make sure everything was done and turned in properly. I had mentioned the gripboard in my write up but I guess it doesn't matter.

Don't quote me on this but when I've talked to Strossen and mentioned the Gripboard he doesn't seem to thrilled about it. I think it's because he beleives almost all #3 past and present are equal and theres always alot of talk on here about the #3's new and old varying in strength.

I don't have my copy yet. Is my paragragph and picture in there?

I called Ironmind a while back to see when I got my certificate and shirt. They replied that Part of my certification info. had not been turned in. Turns out that my information had been misplaced but Strossen said I would definatley be in this Milo because I caught the mistake two weeks before the deadline to make the issue. He told me I could " sit back and relax it would be taken care of." If I'm not in there I will be extremely pissed off.

Certification was supposed to be cool not some bullshit hassle, my witness Wade has been great going way out of his way checking and rechecking to make sure everything was done and turned in properly. I had mentioned the gripboard in my write up but I guess it doesn't matter.

Whoops. Forgot you too Jeff. Sorry about that. Congrats!

Congrats to all

Matt

Don't quote me on this but when I've talked to Strossen and mentioned the Gripboard he doesn't seem to thrilled about it. I think it's because he beleives almost all #3 past and present are equal and theres always alot of talk on here about the #3's new and old varying in strength.

HAH! He can't actually believe that. :rolleyes

Looks like most mentioned the gripboard in their writeups and he edited it out yet again.

The really interesting aspect of this is the more interest generated here the more likely his pockets get lined with dough due to selling more grippers!

It's strange that the mentionings of the board are edited out, it's not like Ironmind has it's own forum....weird. As Wannagrip says it doesn't make any business sense to censor it out.

Jon@han

Accuracy in history demands that whatever aided the man to become certified should be mentioned, if the man

cared enough to mention it.

Those of you who mentioned the grip board- will you please post here what you had written that was not included? I would like to read it; we cannot certify you

but we can respect your message.

Now I am curious. I have not read MILO in a couple of years- I subscribe, and I scan it mostly to see who was certified and to put a face with the posts from here, but

I have not intently read it- no slam against MILO, I receive and buy many magazines I only scan because of time constraints, BUT:

Has anyone kept track of how many members of the grip board have now been certified, and further, has no mention of the grip board EVER made it into MILO? I have been told by some major squeezers that they mentioned the board in the text to appear in MILO, but it was in each case edited.

Perhaps it is a censor software issue- you know how when you type a curse word the software changes letters? Association might become bbbociation because of the word ass being perceived as cursing.

Perhaps 'grip board' is so interpreted by MILO's software?

What I don't understand is the fact that WE support and WE buy products from IronMind... and then he edits our "group" out of the equation! :angry:

IronMind could of started it's own forum; they didn't. So why the snub of the GripBoard? Why doesn't Strossen and IronMind support US for a change?? :mellow

Congrats to all the new COC

and what a KICK IN THE BALLS to the gripboard for not getting the same (if not more recognition) for all the interest in the IM grippers!

I mean c'mon the only reason I bought these grippers is from word of mouth from these forums, as I'm sure everyone else has, It's way past due for Ironmind to give this board some RESPECT!!!!

Maybe Strossen regards the GripBoard as a bunch of renegades

for exposing the "evil truth" of his gripper inconsistencies. I applaud

the "members" of the board for pioneering these findings and

making us aware of the fact that all #3s may look the same, are in

fact , not the same.

I imagine Strossen finds this invasive and therefore keeps a closed

mind to the Gboard.

Just my 2 pennies worth

I haven't received my issue yet. With regards to the Captains of Crush having much liberty with the content of their own Milo write up, I'll have you know that my first draft was rejected. I believe the attitude is, "just the facts mam". I initially intended to list "spending way too much time on the Gripboard", as one of my hobbies, but decided against it when I sensed some friction between Dr. Strossen and the board. I now regret that I didn't "stand up to be counted" as a board supporter, despite the fact it wouldn't have been acknowledged. I still respect Dr. Strossen and Iron Mind, and find the whole situation to be a real downer. Oh well, take the good with the bad, right?

But I'm still excited about certifying and being in Milo!

To all the new CoC's in MILO, congratulations !!!

--------------------------------

"Live long, stay strong" - C.F.B.

A parallel might be that every time a member becomes certified, MILO is not mentioned. Just mention you were certified and those in the know will be aware of the facts

and those not aware will be as veiled as non-grip board

members are now when reading MILO about WHY and from WHERE so many of those certified originate from one forum.

:tongue

In my writing, I mentionned the help from people on the Grip Board, especially Bill and Heath. I don't have my MILO yet but you can check if it's in there.

In my writing, I mentionned the help from people on the Grip Board, especially Bill and Heath. I don't have my MILO yet but you can check if it's in there.

It was edited out.

I missed a page!

Nathan Holle just missed closing the 4.

Heath is in there with Bob Bollenbach

Wade is doing what he does best - some pinching.

By the way, Nathan lends credence to Joe Kinney -- he is very svelt looking so size has nothing to do with it if you are "wired" for a monster grip!

As I mentioned earlier, I have not read MILO in

detail for awhile.

Is there some other group from which several

certified have emerged? If no mention of such a group, perhaps they also have been edited, or perhaps no such group exists?

Those of you who read it carefully, I would appreciate your analysis.

As I mentioned earlier, I have not read MILO in

detail for awhile.

Is there some other group from which several

certified have emerged? If no mention of such a group, perhaps they also have been edited, or perhaps no such group exists?

Those of you who read it carefully, I would appreciate your analysis.

The analysis is simple: Strossen is black balling the GripBoard. :cool

There you go, Bill, pussyfootin' :D

What I mean is, from what editorial stance would such editing be justified? The consideration of space limitations? I suspect not.

The consideration of keeping others from discovering the grip board?

The consideration of maintaining an leviathan hold on

grippers?

One does suspect that if several world class weightlifters were emerging from a given training facility, and each of those lifters mentioned that facility as helping in his training, that such mentions would be included.

Perhaps not.