2-3 days rest

DAY 2:

Grippers TNS + Pinch (3 movements)

2-3 days rest

DAY 3:

Wrist every angle (5-6 movements)

2-3 days rest

Repeat cycle.

Going to alternate low rep stuff with volume days whenever I feel like it. And as usual I will be doing this on the same days I do my general strength stuff (because I don't have more time).

The reason I'm doing grippers twice is because I have never felt stronger with grippers after a (semi) long break. I usually feel stronger with grippers if I do them very regularly. I've put wrist on a seperate day because I always run out of time at the gym and the wrist stuff is usually what ends up being skipped.

I'm not sure at all if doing fat bar and pinch only once every 10 days or so is going to do anything for me. Wait and see I guess.

Anybody any thoughts on my plan?

Since the end of the year is approaching rapidly I've been thinking if I've made any progress this year. I feel I had very little consistency jumping through hoops al the time to keep my body in one piece.

Going through my log I've found only three movements that definitely have improved this year.

Do deadlift:

Did 3x170kg in january and did 1x205kg in may. Huge progress in a short time, unfortunately after that I hit a brick wall and have been struggling with deadlifting for the rest of the year.

Standing overhead press:

Did 1x80kg in march and 1x90kg last month. That's an ok progress I guess, but struggling a bit with overhead now.

Grippers TNS:

Started doing grippers seriously again in september this year.

Right: 2x #2 in september - 2xghp5 now

Right: 1x #2 in september - 1xghp5 now

I'm guessing that's about a 10lbs increase in 3 months. If I can keep that kind of progress up for a whole year I'll be TNS-ing my ghp7 by the end of next year.

Ok so maybe that's a tiny bit optimistic... :whistel

So in retrospect not a great PR year, but did get some good work in here and there. Next year I definitely want to do more consistant work for some fatbar and pinch goals and off course still going after my all time deadlift and overhead PR's, because I'll be hitting the big 40 in june!

Training 12-12-14

Dips

10x 3reps BW+42,5kg

DO Deadlift

10 x1x160kg

Lower back slooowly loosening up. Definitely had some overuse issues I think. Been doing a lot of stretching and last week added some hip stretches. Those really helped I think. Was easier today to get into the proper position.

Romanian deadlift

5x130kg/ 5x140kg/ 5x140kg

Front lat pulley

15x75kg/ 12x85kg/ 10x95kg/ 10x95kg/ 10x95kg

+

Dumbbell back raises with chest on incline bench

4x20x10kg

Plate curls

3x 10x medium size 10kg

Front levers with leverage bar

3x10x5kg

Back levers with leverage bar

3x10x7,5kg

Mounted wristroller front/back superset

x30kg/ x45kg/ x50kg/ x55kg

Left/right with leverage bar

4x 30x2,5kg

Left wrist was a bit sensitive today, so I only did light wrist stuff.

Training 16 dec. 2014

A bit of a meh session. Had a rough night with my eldest little boy being ill so my CNS was definitely not up to par today.

Overhead press seated on flat bench, no back support

9x 3x65kg

+

Grippers TNS

Right 5x 5x#2

Left 4x 6xghp4

Grippers felt terrible today, but I was musceling through ok untill my middle finger on my left finger suddenly started to hurt on the 5th work set. Like it was bruised. So I after that immediately quit. Finger feels fine today.

Zercher squat

5x80kg/ 5x90kg/ 5x100kg/ 5x110kg

2HP with two really fat 20kg's

3x/ 4x/ 4x/ 3x/ 3x

Pffffff

1hp swings 'n holds with two fat 10 kg's

6 sets

+

Pullups

3x/ 4x/ 5x/ 6x/ 6x/ 6x

Ain't feeling the pullup vibe at the moment.

Dumb. Row knee and hand on flat bench

5x53kg/ 5x58kg/ 5x63kg/ 5x63kg/ 5x63kg

Calf presses one legged

15x65kg/ 15x75kg/ 15x85kg/ 12x85/ 12x85/ 12x85kg

Kick backs

10x14kg/ 10x16kg/10x16kg/10x16kg/10x16kg

+

Dynamic two hand pinch with modified thumb screws

5x 10reps

Really wanna get my europinch device ready by the beginning of next year. Don't have the time for it, but it must be done.

Training 19 dec. 2014

Man was I tired today. Before I went to the gym I read my son a bedtime story and I actually dozed off every other sentence or so. Took me ages to get to the end. But with the exception of grippers it turned out to be an ok day for training.

Floor press

8x 3x100kg

+

Grippers TNS

Quit after 4 half assed work sets. No strenght there. So strange that grippers seem to be most affected by bad CNS even if heavy compound exercises are going ok. Could also be that I've been doing to much of the same thing with grippers, because the previous time was also meh. Going to try one more TNS session otherwise I'm switching to blocksets for a while.

Barbell lunges

5x80kg/ 5x90kg/ 5x95kg/ 5x100kg PR

You have to appreciate a PR where you can get them I guess. So strange I haven't done any lunges in a long while... My hamstrings are crazy sore right now.

Dumbbell deadlift with Fatgripz, overhand to full lockout

1x63kg/ 1x68kg/ 1x70kg PR/ 1x68kg/ 1x68kg/ 1x68kg/ 1x68kg

Going to do these more regularly again. Just wanted to see where I stood today and I actually hit a PR!

Hangs on rotating handles with Fatgripz, overhand

In seconds 15s/ +10kg 8s /+10kg 8s /+10kg 7s/ +10kg 6s

+

Kick backs

10x14kg/ 10x16kg/ 10x18kg/ 6x20kg

Cable row wide grip

10x100kg/ 6x120kg/ 6x120kg/ 6x120kg/ 8x120kg

+

Dumbell back raises, chest on incline bench

10x16kg/ 8x20kg/ 6x22kg/ 6x22kg/ 6x22kg

Alternate dumbbell curls with Fatgripz

5x20kg/ 5x24kg/ 5x28kg/ 5x30kg PR (for fatgripz curls)

Wow curl power is coming back fast. I think this is only the fourth time I've done any heavy curling this year. Last set was an old fashioned, no pain no gain, balls to the wall, stupid set, used some momentum, but still fairly strict, not like the 'monkey curls' you see some guys do at the gym.

+

Seated calf presses one legged

10x80kg/ 10x90kg/ 6x100kg/ 6x100kg/ 20x80kg

Edited by Royz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy newyear everybody!

This has been an awfull holiday season for me. My wife and eldest son were ill from 23th and still are and all I basically did was nursing them and trying to dodge the virus myself. Not very succesfull at that last bit as I'm certainly not feeling up to par right now.

Also seemed to have lost my ghp5 at the gym. It might have fallen out of my bag. I'm still hoping I just misplaced it since this is my stepping stone to TNS #2.5. :sick:

Managed to squeeeeze in two trainings, but my CNS wasn't all that great.

27 dec. 2014

Dips

BW +45kg 10x3

DO deadlift

10x 1x170kg

Barbell wrist curls with Fatgripz

15x34kg/ 10x44kg/ 10x49kg

Not for me this one. I've got terrible dexterity in my thumbs and I felt a mild strain because of that after doing these.

Reverse wrist curl

4x15 x18kg

Front lever

4x15x 5kg

Back lever

4x15x 7,5kg

Mounted wristroller

x30kg/ x45kg/ x60kg/ x60kg

30 dec. 2014

Overhead press seated on flat bench

4x60kg/ 3x65kg/ 3x67,5kg/ 3x67,5kg /3x67,5kg/ 10x55kg/ 10x55kg/ 10x55kg

+

Grippers ghp blockset

Right 8x single attempts #2.5, some closes, some misses

Left 8x double attempts #2, some closes, some misses

Pfffff

Zercher squat

6x90kg/ 6x100kg/ 5x110kg/ 5x115kg

Me likey.

+

Kneeling landmine press

8x25kg/ 8x25kg/ 8x25kg/ 6x30kg

Decided to throw in another pressing movement, because I was a bit disgusted by my overhead performance today.

2HP, two really thick 20kg's

3x/ 3x/ 3x/ 3x/ 5x/ 7x

Getting a little bit of a hold on these.

+

Pullups

3x/ 4x/ 5x/ 6x/ 5x/ 5x

Plate rows, two fat 10kg's

4x/ 4x/ 4x/ 4x/ 7x

Dumbbell rows

12x43kg/ 12x48kg/ 12x53kg/ 12x53kg

Dynamic pinch with modified thumb screws on vulcan

Oh dude that is irritating! Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets better at home soon. Hope they heal up soon. As for the lost gripper, what a freakin irritating people inhabit this planet. If I find something somewhere i return it to the most logical place where someone would ask if it would be found. Same as with your Fatgripz a while ago.

• Like 1

Woohoo found my ghp5. It wasn't lost after all. Found it in my gym bag, which I had searched thoroughly already... Strange.

• Like 1

Woohoo found my ghp5. It wasn't lost after all. Found it in my gym bag, which I had searched thoroughly already... Strange.

Nice! That's great news.

Maybe for the future, you can make like labels with your name and phone number, and put it on your stuff? For grippers you can wrap it around the spring :)

Nice! That's great news.

Maybe for the future, you can make like labels with your name and phone number, and put it on your stuff? For grippers you can wrap it around the spring :)

Yes that occured to me too. I might do that, althought it would be hard to put a tag on a pair of fatgripz.

Yes,

That sort of things happens to me all the time... :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been ill all of last week. Some kind of flu. Probably the same thing my wife and kid had.

Ten days ago was my last training. Energy very low, but I have to get back in the saddle.

DIps

5x BW+30kg/ 5x BW+35kg/ 9x BW+40kg

+

Grippers ghp blockset 1.5"

Right 9x#2 / 9x#2

Left 9xghp4/ 8xghp4

Decline bench press

12x90kg/ 9x100kg/ 9x100kg

Do deadlift

5x125kg/ 5x145kg/ 5x165kg

Romanian dead

15x100kg/15x100kg/15x100kg

Also; Dumbbell wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, front+back levering, lefties-righties, Wristroller

Good for you man. Sick sucks lol

Knock on wood, still feel good, with lots of people sick in this area where I live.

Still feeling very low in energy. Hopefully just some lingering effects of that flu.

Training 16 january 2015

Standing overhead press

5x60kg/ 5x65kg/ 8x70kg

+

Grippers ghp 1,5" blockset

Right ghp5 4x/ 5x/ 4x/ 3x

Left #2 4x/ 4x/ 3x/ 3x

Kneeling landmine press

3x12x 20kg+bar

Zercher squat

5x85kg/ 5x97,5kg/ 8x110kg

Lack of energy was really showing here. Felt sort of dizzy after each set.

2hp 2x20kg really thick

3x/ 3x/ 10x!/ 5x +5kg

Pinch row with 2x10kg thick ones

5x/ 5x/ 10x

Dumbbell rows

12x43kg/ 12x48kg/ 12x53kg/ 12x58kg

Seated calf presses one legged

20x60kg/ 20x70kg/ 20x75kg/ 20x80kg

Dynamic pinch with modified thumb screws, two hands simultaneously

6 sets

Alternating dumbbell curl

10x20kg/ 10x26kg/ 10x28kg/ 8x30kg

Tuck levers

Edited by Royz

Energy levels are getting better, still not 100% though.

Training 20 january 2015

Floor press

5x80kg/ 5x90kg/ 8x95kg

+

Grippers ghp blockset 1,5"

Right 3x1x #2.5

Left 3x1x ghp5

Not feeling the grippers yet.

Incline bench press

4x10x 80kg

First time I've done this in years. Shoulder feeling good.

Barbell lunges

5x75kg/ 5x85kg/ 5x95kg

Really shakey.

Overhand dumbbell deadlift with fatgripz

5x43kg/ 5x53kg/ 4x63kg/ 4x63kg/ 4x63kg/ 4x63kg

+

Horizontal legpress machine

10x109kg/ 10x125kg/ 10x141kg/ 10x157kg/ 10x165kg

Just testing this one. Knees feeling good.

Hangs with Fatgripz on rotating handles

In seconds 8s/ 12s/ 14s/ 14s

Barbell row

8x90kg(fg)/ 10x110kg/ 6x120kg/ 12x100kg

Should've let the 120kg alone, had planned to do sets of 10 reps..

Alternating dumbbell curl with fatgripz

5x22kg/ 5x28kg/ 8x24kg

Well I'm not even going to log my last training. It was a complete disaster. I was still sore from last training, which was already a bit strange because that was like four days ago. Mostly I'm not sore for that long. On the first exercise some muscles on the inside of my forearm started to cramp, but I decide to ignore that. Stupid. Than I started deadlifting. It felt absurdly heavy from the get go and my hamstrings still felt sore. Strenght wise my deadlift seems to be back where I started at the beginning of last year. I don't get it. But anyway I ended up hurting my back with a weight I used for warm ups just two months ago... Just great. No more deadlifting for a couple of months, at least. Once my back isn't insanely stiff anymore I'm going to do lots of goodmornings and barbell rows for a while.

Back to the drawing board once again...

Edited by Royz

It is a difficult one Roy. I really think it's a lot of mental vs. daily stressors that cost that much energy in you point of life. I am now getting some more breathing space again now that my youngest is 5. You're at this moment in the rush hour of your life. Think you need to accept that for a while and just do workouts for now that give you the feeling that you have 'worked out', know what I mean? Not setting any goals, just work out, uses machines, get the muscles tired, pumped and take a nice hot shower. At this moment these workouts will give you more satisfaction than needing to hit certain weights and you 'fail' to reach them in a certain session. Feel strong? Good, use it that session. Take it a bit more how it comes....doing the same here, although I have a little bit more room now for getting some more structure in again.

• Like 3

It is a difficult one Roy. I really think it's a lot of mental vs. daily stressors that cost that much energy in you point of life. I am now getting some more breathing space again now that my youngest is 5. You're at this moment in the rush hour of your life. Think you need to accept that for a while and just do workouts for now that give you the feeling that you have 'worked out', know what I mean? Not setting any goals, just work out, uses machines, get the muscles tired, pumped and take a nice hot shower. At this moment these workouts will give you more satisfaction than needing to hit certain weights and you 'fail' to reach them in a certain session. Feel strong? Good, use it that session. Take it a bit more how it comes....doing the same here, although I have a little bit more room now for getting some more structure in again.

You are right off course. I have changed my plans for the beginning of this year and going to do a bit more 'bodybuilding' type trainings for a while, with some grip stuff added.

• Like 1

I'm not going to do full body workouts anymore. I've done that for the past 3?years and it's time for a change.

So this is my 10 day split (for now), see how that goes.

day 1: 5x Pressing + 1x biceps, 1x grippers, 3x thickbar

day 2: 5x Puling + 1x triceps, 5x wrist

day 3: 5x Lower body, 1x grippers, 3x pinch

Had a really nice training yesterday. Finally had my energy back.

On most of the movements I worked up to a 5 rep max, without compromising form (much). Going to be doing that for a while.

Standing overhead press

5x60kg/ 5x65kg/ 5x70kg/ 4x75kg

Bench press

5x90kg/ 5x100kg/ 5x105kg/ 5x110kg

Dips

5x bw+35kg/ 5xbw+40kg/ 5xbw+45kg

Decline press

5x100kg/ 5x105kg/ 5x110kg

Steep incline dumbbell press neutral grip

5x24kg/ 5x28kg/ 5x32kg/ 5x34kg

Dumbbell side raises

15x12kg/ 12x16kg/ 10x18kg/ 10x20kg/ 10x22kg/ 6x24kg

Grippers TNS

Done in between first sets of pressing

Right ghp4 39 reps in 6 sets

left ghp4 30 reps in 6 sets

Overhand dumbbell deadlift with Fatgripz

3x53kg/ 3x63kg/ 3x65kg

Hangs rotating handles with Fatgripz

bwx20sec./ bw+8kg x12sec./ +12kgx10sec./ +16kgx8sec.

Dumbbell farmers hold with Fatgripz

40kg dumbbels 2x40sec.

Alternating dumbbell curls with Fatgripz

5x24kg/ 5x26kg/ grip cooked took Fatgripz of / 5x28kg/ 5x30kg/ 4x32kg

Edited by Royz
  • Like 1

Made my own pre-workout supplement today.

I have been using Assault by Musclepharm mostly and I have always been very pleased with it. However like all other pre workouts it contains over 40% dextrose (=sugar) and besides a hand full of proven ingredients it also contains a bunch of exotic ingredients which are neither proven or studied.

In fact there are only a handfull of (legal) ingredients that are more or less proven to enhance athletic ability.

So I decided to only buy those ingredients and make my own pre-workout.

This is my mix, per serving.

- Caffeine 200mg

- Creapure creatine 5000mg

- Beta alanine 2500mg

- Citrulline malate 3000mg

That's all! Mixed with fruit juice for flavor. Much cheaper than a pre-workout supplement. Got a 100 servings for approx. 40,- euro.

Had two more ingredients on my short list, but haven't bought them yet. First see how this works.

- L-arginine

- Taurine