• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• OldGuy

• gazza

• The Mac

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if anyone on the board has had any experience with products like New Skin. Using it in an attempt to avoid, or patch up blisters on the hands?

The Crosby Group makes a 'sweet' 1"x4" ring and aa 7/8"X 5 1/2" ring..not the same but at contest time you'd be ready and NOT so beat up.We got them from a local engineering firm that had their catalogue and happened to have the 1"X4's in stock ;)

Yes as Old Guy said-the record has been clarified!you should grab that record ...somehow...someway and soon and then...all in fun...perhaps I'll talk one of these

apes here in iowa to chase you down... :coolI don't think they have the cajones to stick with it though!(and i told them that..thus I'm on the outside..looking in)

Hope they have that RT contest in St.Louis again.

Gloves,the other handle or find a Crosby group distributor across the pond?Gotta save those pinkies.

Ok training over and I can still feel a mild cramp in my fingers after finishing Pinches.

Thick handled db - piss poor so I wont bother typing what I did.

Weaver Stick - seem stuck with the right hand and did 3 kilos on the EZ bar (again) with the left. I'm gonna do it again with my left until its 100%.

Pinch. I decided this singles and 99% of max approach is holding me back and so did 3 x 1 on most weights as follows:

10k x 3 x 1 both hands

18k x 3 x 1 lh and 24 k x 3 x 1 rh and then

24k x 1 x lh plus as many half assed attempts as my poor pinkies could stand and then

32k x 2 x 1 plus as above.

Finally picked it up two handed and held it until it wanted to drop - ouch :D

Mob,

Thanks for sharing your training diary with us. I find it very interesting. How much do you weigh now? Do you find that your gripping strength is affected by your bodyweight?

Worked on the grip dyno this am and boy does it knacker you out.

Working with the 80% of max in mind I did 7 (failed at 8) x 1 x 110 kilos (or a little over) with my right. This would give me a max of 138 kilos!! Took just a little skin off the little finger / pinkie. Just the top layer, nothing serious.

With my left I could only manage 90 x 3 x 1. That equates to 115 kilos or a combined total of 253 kilos (115 plus 138).

After the lefty was done and I mean done, I felt a little ache near the elbow. This is probably as a result of doing my grip dyno work with the elbow bent and so irritating the nerve.

I'm gonna be doing the rest of the grip work today instead of Thursday as I have some yanks coming over tomorrow and myself, them and a few lads are having a mass workout out at the local gym. Then a few beers, an all u can eat buffett etc. Rick Walker would love it :).

Oh and if not today then tomrrow I'll be getting myself some heavy workmans gloves. I'll let you know how I get on.

What a session. I should have gone with the 80% x 3 x 1 from the beginning.

130 kilos x 2.5 inch handled dumbbell x 4 singles - all good :D

L/H x 3 kilos x 1 plus EZ bar (24.6 pounds) Weaver Stick (worked up with 2 warm up sets)

R/H x 7.5 kilos with broomstick almost at normal position (about 6 inches away). I'm gonna aim for 8 kilos plus x 3 x 1 end of July.

Pinch (2 warm up sets) and then

L/H x 24.5 kilos x 3 x 1 (61 lbs total)

R/H x 33 kilos x 3 x 1 (79.75 lbs total).

Still no sign of the damned Creatine (free with a Flex subscription here in the UK) and so, as I always seem to get something from it, I can't wait until I start Creatine loading.

I'm buzzing with the high of a great session and am back on form and ready to rock on August 2nd.

I also tried the work glove I brought today, hard to get on with my big hands, but hung from the ring for time with just bwt (248 lbs currently). It felt ok.

Just been busy with the calculator working out 80% of the old IG records ie 65 kilos one hand pinch etc) x 3 reps and feel all the numbers are within reach. I also booked my room at the Alridge (sp)hotel today.

Here's the numbers I will need (please allow for bar and collar weights etc)

One Hand Pinch x 3 x 1 with 52 kilos / 114 pounds for a single with 65 kilos / 143 pounds (old record - nb my set up is harder than IG setup)

Dyno (using RB dyno). I'm already on tgt for 253 kilos (see earlier entry) so I will just keep raising the bar / reassessing my numbers.

Dinnie Lift. 192 kilos / 423 lbs x 3 x 1 for a 240 kilo max. I may need to reassess this as I have 190 kilos in my diary for Thursday x 1 rep.

One hand deadlift x 2" bar. I'm already at the old record with 36 kilos a side x 3 x 1 and so am aiming for the fabled 300 pounds which will require 53.36 kilos a side x 3 x 1.

SHOW ME DA TROPHY - GET IT ETCHED WITH MY NAME NOW

And my hands. My forearms were aching last night as is the skin on my right hand this morning.

Steve

Very Impressive mate.

Just remember the Dyno at the comp will be easier,as the RB Dynanometer is the hardest and best bar none,you have already squeezed the highest numbers on it :bow Just remember to use it at different settings as well so you get an even strength base throughout the settings as the dyno at the comp i hear has been set for smaller hands,so you would be best adjusting the RB Dyno to suit a small handed person and work from there,then you will have all the bases covered.

Thickbar,nobody no,s more about lifting big numbers on this than you

and possibly Chris James as you 2 are the thick bar Daddies.This event is there for the takeing,but as i said you are the thick bar daddy and there will be some competition from the other Big Handed chaps,

Jim and some of the big Swedes,But since you are 1 of only 2 people to so far lift the MDB.then it should be your event.

The Dinnie Ring Lift,big numbers and BIG-PAIN,Jim and Dave are the masters at this,there pain tolerance is better than yours,but it boils down to who wants it the most,i think you can pull this one outa the bag as well if you get in the ZONE.

The Pinch,David is the best pincher in the comp bar none,but i think if you can settle for 2nd place it will help you enormously.

Weaver stick,again you are the Daddy,i think its there for the takeing,

25lbs looks doable for ya,but i would settle for 1st place.

I think if you get ya head sorted for 1st place and just do enough to get the results its yours mate.Dont let you SMALL EGO cost you by

going for records etc.

Of coarse any of the Big SWEDES ,Jim,Dave etc cannot be counted out,but i think if you hit the numbers you got in you head,plus the added competition will help you get in the zone.

Gazza,

The dynamometer is not set for small hands, it isn't adjustable. In fact a larger hand has an advantage.

David

David

The last time i spoke to Jim,he commented that the dyno,your useing did not suit his large hands,Steve has a big hand like Jim,so i would assume would have the same trouble as Jim,also if its the one i,ve tried above the fire place by the grippers,it has a short range compaired to the RB Dyno,so Steve would be better off,covering all the bases,by useing the RB Dyno at different hand widths to develope a technique that is good on all widths.

Back on form baby. Took the dinnie ring to 310lbs left handed and over 400 right.

Leg pressed 482.5 for reps, benched 'ok' and did some partial thick bar work again inc holds for time.

Will try tonight. I took it with me to a weekend away with 26 bodybuilders (inc myself) and the best there was 98 kilos right handed).

As you already know I have hit 130 rh and 110 lh. I am, however, working on%'s and will be aiming for 136 rh and 115 lh.