International Pinch And Axle Comp?

bubba29

So I heard a rumor of an international euro pinch and DO axle dl competition on Sept. 29th 2012. Word is it will be held at multiple locations on multiple continents. Any confirmation on this? If so, where will it be held and what times? Weight classes?

I have seen it posted on Adam, Daniel and Andrew's facebook pages. Here is a link to the information on Adam site: http://www.adamtglass.com/2012/08/09/pinchpull-international-grip-contest-29-september-2012/

One location is Andrew's gym so its nice and close for you to compete.

I have seen it posted on Adam, Daniel and Andrew's facebook pages. Here is a link to the information on Adam site: http://www.adamtglas...september-2012/

damn facebook. i am not on it. i typically miss out on useless drama. this would have been a good reason to be on facebook.

I have seen it posted on Adam, Daniel and Andrew's facebook pages. Here is a link to the information on Adam site: http://www.adamtglas...september-2012/

We'll be having a great day here. I've got elite powerlifter J.L. Holdsworth coming up for his first go in grip, he recently pulled 585# double overhand on a standard bar and is playing around with a makeshift pinch set-up with 2-45s and loading pin, I think he'll be good for over 200#. Should be a great day.

Jedd, will lifts on this day qualify for Nationals if to the appropriate level?

First I have heard about the contest.

OK. So I just read the post. It looks like Axle is being contested in Last Man Standing format, which as per lengthy discussion by the Grip Collective, is not recognized for Records.

Is the 2HP being done like that as well?

OK. So I just read the post. It looks like Axle is being contested in Last Man Standing format, which as per lengthy discussion by the Grip Collective, is not recognized for Records.

4 attempts on pinch. I didn't think records would be recognized in this comp since it is only 2 events (thought 3 were needed for records purposes). Was thinking that these lifts would work towards the 3 lifts needed to qualify.

We'll be having a great day here. I've got elite powerlifter J.L. Holdsworth coming up for his first go in grip, he recently pulled 585# double overhand on a standard bar and is playing around with a makeshift pinch set-up with 2-45s and loading pin, I think he'll be good for over 200#. Should be a great day.

would be a great idea to have other nationals qualifying lifts available with the local host as a witness. is this possible or would a video recording still be necessary?

would be a great idea to have other nationals qualifying lifts available with the local host as a witness. is this possible or would a video recording still be necessary?

I'll have my camera ready and all my grip implements are available for any Qual. Chance #2

• Like 1

I thought this was covered in another thread?

There is no actual rule about the minimum number of events, nor order of events, to set records, correct?

I also thought the purpose of this contest was to get some numbers for the Elite totals but now the axle lifts won't count?

I admit that I might be misunderstanding all of this. I don't know why it's so confusing.

Yes announced and coordinated on facebook. Guess what? More people check facebook then the gripboard, it is much easier to set things up that way....

A third event will be added to compile with the new make rules as we go policy for contests.

2 Hand pinch 4 attempts, just like every other contest

Axle - last man standing. No that doesn't count for records, and that's fine because no one who is lifting is even within 20 lbs striking distance. if anyone disagrees with that- then don't lift. very simple. If you think you can break the IM axle record, do that at a contest where it is being contested.

A third event will be selected from the current crop of events already tracked for records so that it is an official 3 event contest.

6 or 7 locations are on board. Finland, USA, GB, Aus, and working on a a few other sites in western Europe. We will see how it turns out.

Very simple, hard for me to imagine how this could be so confusing for some of you

4 attempts on pinch. I didn't think records would be recognized in this comp since it is only 2 events (thought 3 were needed for records purposes). Was thinking that these lifts would work towards the 3 lifts needed to qualify.

You're right - the way I read the post on Adam's site, it said 10-lb jumps and I thought it meant for 2HP as well. After re-reading it, that was only for the Axle.

Adam, it's been the guideline to announce things here since 2010. That or just emailing me, which you have always done. I've been traveling on business for much of the end of July and August, so checking Facebook has been the least of my priorities.

In the Grip Collective we have been discussing the need to standardize the number of events to qualify a competition as a "Legal Contest" for records to be established, etc. At this point, i don't think there has been a resolution to that discussion, but I personally like a 3-event minimum, similar to World's Strongest Hands in 2010 and 2011.

In the sense that if you lifted, then you lifted it, and in the sense that there is a limited number of events each year, I think it would only make sense to count the lifts performed towards Nationals qualification, for sure. My main concern was someone busting out a tremendous lift in the 2HP or Axle, whether all-time high or for bodyweight classes, only to not have the lift count.

I thought this was covered in another thread?

There was a thread linked above. Maybe that was it. I have no idea.

There is no actual rule about the minimum number of events, nor order of events, to set records, correct?

It's been discussed but not voted on in the Grip Collective

I also thought the purpose of this contest was to get some numbers for the Elite totals but now the axle lifts won't count?

I am not sure what you mean here. I already posted the numbers for the Elite Totals. You bring up a good point though. If Last Man Standing doesn't count toward world records, it will be awfully weird if someone uses one of the LMS lifts toward Elite when it doesn't count toward the World Record. To me, it would be easier to have all of these tracked numbers under the same system, so there are not questions like this.

I thought a 3-event minimum for records was one of the 1st things set in grip sport, which is why i brought it up.

Yes, I do indeed think this was discussed and we leaned toward 3 events for an official contest. It has just been a while since this was brought up.

I am not sure what you mean here. I already posted the numbers for the Elite Totals. You bring up a good point though. If Last Man Standing doesn't count toward world records, it will be awfully weird if someone uses one of the LMS lifts toward Elite when it doesn't count toward the World Record. To me, it would be easier to have all of these tracked numbers under the same system, so there are not questions like this.

IMO it should count towards the elite titles and the elite class.

BTW, I think I may be elite for my weight class. What does that mean?

Edited by daniel reinard

nothing. you will still compete with your weight class. at one point it meant your were in a seperate pool of athletes. now it's just a bench mark to strive for.

Ok third event will be griptopz half penny as all of the promoters have that piece of equipment. Only the classic key grip will be used to lift IE the thumb grasping the index knuckle. I'll have full details up this evening -on my site, here and on world of grip to avoid further confusion

Just a note to consider. Per our IGC discussions LMS format events will not be added to the Top 50 lists that are going up at the Gripsport.org site sometime soon. So its not just for record purposes, but the lists as well.

- Aaron

I think this is a case of the letter of the law being a bit behind the spirit.

it seems like all promoters are gettting behind it and straightening things out.

I haven't seen one threat of starting your own federation yet.

it's been stated before but, since we're only the first years of this new org there will be speed bumps. it's a very positive sign that this can be worked out peacefully in such a short period of time.

nothing. you will still compete with your weight class. at one point it meant your were in a seperate pool of athletes. now it's just a bench mark to strive for.

That is correct. It is now more like Powerlifting where you just total elite for your class and division and you are just more of a bad ass than you were before.