International Pinch And Axle Comp?

bubba29

BTW, I think I may be elite for my weight class. What does that mean?

nothing. you will still compete with your weight class. at one point it meant your were in a seperate pool of athletes. now it's just a bench mark to strive for.

Ok. I wasn't on the board much when those discussions took place. Thanks Brent.

Details are set for this international contest of hand and grip strength.

Time/Date 29 September/ starting times set by individual promoter

Minneapolis, MN – Adam Glass (Movement Minneapolis)

Wooster, OH – Andrew Durniat (Durniat Strength)

Three Rivers, MI – David Thornton (Don Larkin’s Gym)

Bay Area, CA – Dan Reinard (Diablo Rock Climbing Gym)

Boston, MA – Mike Sheehan (Movement Boston)

United Kingdom – Mark M-Dy

Kirkkonummi, Finland – Juha Harju

Victoria, Australia – Jarrod Riordan

Events

Two hand pinch on the standard European Pinch Apparatus, 4 attempts, rising bar. All standard rules will be applied. Promoter will determine order for starting width and progression.

Double Overhand Axle deadlift, last man standing.

Griptopz Half Penny lift, 4 attempts. This lift will be done with the key grip only, no other grips are allowed.

Scoring will be done using the NAGSA scoring system.

All promoters are to send me their scores as soon as their contest is wrapped up. I will stack scores and post them here and on World of Grip and Gripboard.

International weight classes will be used, all contestants will be weighed before the contest.

There are no entry fee’s.

If you are a promoter and you want to join in, please email me. You must have the following equipment

- Europinch set up w/vertical height standard

- Ironmind Apollon’s axle

- All weights used measured and certified

- Point calibrated scale for weighing contestants

- World of Grip Half Penny apparatus

• Like 1

Ok, this is a bit of a newb question, but I'm going to ask it anyways - on the half penny lift - is there a rule about which knuckle on the index finger?

I made a crude DIY version, and just want to make sure I'm training the right way.

Hi Martin

the grip to be used is a "key grip" which is made by folding the index finger, then graspings the knuckle with the thumb. think about how you hold a key opening a lock.

Update to contest locations- Big Aaron will be hosting in AZ! Looking forward to seeing the South West crew in the contest

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron - can we fly Sini over to announce the comp at your house? :inno

• Like 5

I bet shes a very strong bench presser. She has very developed pectorals :grin:

• Like 1

I bet shes a very strong bench presser. She has very developed pectorals :grin:

isn't this competition 100% natural?

• Like 1

In this case I can't say natural or not. I was just thinking it would definitely give an International flair to our experience in Tucson. :D

• Like 1

Adam, is there a particular way you'd like the scores given to you? I'm using an excel scoresheet that I can simply forward when the last comp list is done.

Is it written somewhere the weight we start at for the Axle? And wha t the jumps are? thanks,

Details are set for this international contest of hand and grip strength.

Time/Date 29 September/ starting times set by individual promoter

can the promoters post earliest weigh in times and time of first event(local time of course)?

Edited by bubba29

Hey guys

Weigh in's will be no earlier then 2 hours to the meet, which has become the standard for the contests.

On axle, with the request to have have a women's class, and the comparison/record keeping issues of LMS I suggest we move it to rising bar, 4 picks. this sorts out a number of issues.

As far as contest start times, please contact the promoter in your neck of the woods. I do believe you can reach all of them either here, or on World of Grip, probably on FB too.

AZ - Aaron C (Venue?)

PA - Jedd Johnson (lifting at Jedd's house)

For score sheets, I request all promoters please send me their scores within 5 hours of completion of the contest, which gives you ample time. For the format, you can put it in an email, or a spread sheet, or on a word doc, as long as it is easy to read and understand. Please include weight, age, and full last name/first name for the athletes.

Final question I got - there is no entry fee for the contest BUT an individual location may require a day pass or something to compete. That is between you and the promoter on how they run their location. For details speak with your specific site host.

Final bit, and I will say this again before the event- as with WSH please do not post results from your location until I put up the master score sheet, which I will have up Saturday night before I start my shift.

for any further questions please email me directly as I have been doing most of my web stuff off a smart phone right now

Good call on the RIsing Bar for Axle. Sounds good.

I am starting at 10 AM in Wyalusing PA.

• Like 1

Thanks Adam. Good idea on the axle. I have a couple light guys that can break a few records if they show up too.

I'm starting at noon. I guess i'm the last time zone. We'll be able to send scores right away post comp.

• Like 1

AZ venue gonna be at my house. No interest in lugging a ton of plates over to the Crossfit gym pre-comp to have accurately weighed plates then lugging them back home after. Interested parties should contact me for directions and address if needed. Start time will be 11am with weigh-ins starting as early as 9:30am.

Also if anyone is interested in volunteering to help me with entering the scores into the database post comp that would be much appreciated. Don't have to be a promoter. I can get you a login ahead of time if you let me know that you are interested.

Thanks,

Aaron

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting pretty excited about this comp coming up!

Did my last grip workout for the week last night. Bought some lifting straps for pull-ups and deadlifts this week. I'd normally take the week off, but the TSC is the following weekend, and I need to boost my pull-up numbers a bit more.

Excellent news! the Russian team will be in for the pinch pull. Ivan contacted me today, I am very excited to see what he can get on the euro and axle, the man is super strong

Here is the current contest location and promoters

Minneapolis, MN – Adam Glass (Movement Minneapolis) 10 AM start

Wooster, OH – Andrew Durniat (Durniat Strength) 10 AM start (Andrew please confirm)

Wyalusing, PA – Jedd Johnson (Jedd’s Gym) 10 AM start

Tucson, AZ – Aaron Corcorran (Aaron’s Gym) 11 AM start

Three Rivers, MI – David Thornton (Don Larkin’s Gym) (could David or Bob confirm start time?)

Bay Area, CA – Dan Reinard (Diablo Rock Climbing Gym) 12 PM start time

Boston, MA – Mike Sheehan (Movement Boston) (Mike please confirm start time)

United Kingdom – Mark M-Dy (big Stew’s place) 11 AM start

Moscow, Russia – Ivan Beritashvili (Paladin Fight & Fit Center)

As a reminder - if anyone else wants to join in, the window is still open (Texas? Carolina? New York? Any other over seas locations?) for the location you need at least two people lifting

To host, you need the following equipment-

European Pinch Apparatus

Ironmind axle

World of Grip half penny griptopz

all plates weighed and certified

vertical height standards

Point calibrated scale to weigh athletes

Edited by AdamTGlass

I assume the Russian contest was not announced at least one month in advance on the GB or World of Grip. This, as per the rules, means that no records can be recognised. This might apply to some of the other locations as well.

• Like 1

I assume the Russian contest was not announced at least one month in advance on the GB or World of Grip. This, as per the rules, means that no records can be recognised. This might apply to some of the other locations as well.

You´re the man! :laugh Silverback would be great name to you. :bow

Here in Finland we have also dude like you. He is "antti65" in pakkotoisto forum and he also likes to crab of everything. :wub:

• Like 1

Sometimes it is better not to speak than to remove all doubts.

It is naive to believe that our sport can gain recognition if we bend rules everytime they become somewhat of an inconvenience.

Edited by Mikael Siversson
  • Like 1

The competition itself was announced well before that and just the locations weren't finalized.

• Like 2