International Pinch And Axle Comp?

bubba29

I don´t mean bad things. We have done lot of work for this contest and it´s very boring that someone observes always same things. Jason said the most important things.

• Like 1

Mikael I was hoping that when you had something for this it was going to be a contest location, and that you and your friends would be lifting with us. Come on man, it's just a hobby for fun.

The contest was announced long ago, the rules were set. Then we added an event to please some people. Maybe when we were asking if other venues would like to join THIS contest something could have been said back then. It's a little ignorant to have a different view on the rules and not say anything until it's too late. I'd say it's a trivial issue that is more of a matter better defining the rules. That would need to be reviewed by the collective. You can't deny Russia and other venues participation with only a couple days notice .

Nobody is denying participation? I also thought it was a valid question which only needed simple clarification. If the original open call for promoters is the "post date" then Russia is good. Can someone clarify?

By announcing partcipation/organisation of a competition that is within this particular concept (multiple contests world wide on a given day) on short notice (as in a a week or a few days before due date) an organising competitor can, at least in theory, avoid pressure associated with performing in front of other, high caliber athletes he or she is unfamiliar with. Some excel under pressure but many don't (i.e., they hit PR's in training/competing with friends rather during intense competition). Often this is what you end up with anyway (competing with friends or even family members). Nevertheless it is disappointing to see such a 'relaxed' attitude to the recently more-or-less formalised rules (by a member of the Grip Collective itself).

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Let's take a look at it on the IGC forum and come up with a standard to go forward with.

If any of you promoters want a copy of the excel spreadsheet I whipped up for scoring tomorrow, let me know. Also, it looks like one of the guys may be bringing an armwresting table to play on after the comp as well.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

If any of you promoters want a copy of the excel spreadsheet I whipped up for scoring tomorrow, let me know. Also, it looks like one of the guys may be bringing an armwresting table to play on after the comp as well.

- Aaron

I'll take a copy.

durniatstrength@gmail.com

- Aaron

I'll take a copy.

durniatstrength@gmail.com

Ok, it is sent. Lemme know what you think and if you have any issues.

- Aaron

One more thing. Can you promoters who have logins for entering scores into the database enter your scores after the comp? I won't turn them up live on the site until after they are posted by Adam obviously. I'm gonna be vacationing at the beach in San Diego Next week and I think my wife would likely kick my butt if I spend a ton of time entering the post contest results while on vacation.

- Aaron

- Aaron

I won't be AW, but I it will be fun to watch. It will be also great to see what Isaiah is bending these days.

Yes. I can enter my data on Sunday night.
Edited by daniel reinard

I'm intrigued by the presence of an AW table. I definitely would like to mess around on one.

I might be bastard level at this time Martin. Red for sure. I hope Aaron will have some steel to chew on.

All done in Concord, CA. We had a great time. Tomorrow I will post a write up. Results have been emailed to Adam. Let me know bro if any issue.

Wow thank you to everyone for the extremely FAST return on the results! Well done to all promoters for that one

A lot of great numbers here!

My computer crashed, I just got back to my gym to crunch the numbers on my ancient desk top. I will get the score sheet up this evening in some form, but it will take a few hours to do. I have a new found higher respect for the massive amount of work David and Elizabeth Horne do to bring us the WSH series!

After a quick review of the scores, we have well over 60 people who participated. Very good turn out for our little virtual meet!

• Like 1

We really appreciate all the work you put in to make this happen Adam. Our group sends their thanks.

all scores are in the sheet, I will post top 10 in a few. 84 total competitors.