International Pinch And Axle Comp?

bubba29

Ok here are top 10 for men, top 7 for women.

I will post full scores and details when it is all stacked correctly, but here is the top with scores

Men's open (300 possible points) 72 competitors

1 - Adam Glass 287 (USA)

2 - David Thornton 283 (USA)

3 - Juha Harju / Alex Tyukalov 280 (FIN)

5 - Aaron Corcorran 274 (USA)

6 - Ivan Beritashvili / Andrew Durniat 270 (RUS/USA)

8 - Jedd Johnson 269 (USA)

9 - J.L. Holdsworth 266 (USA)

10 - Timo Tuukkanen 262 (FIN)

Women's open 7 competitors

1 - Jaana Tanner 289 (FIN)

2 - Kathi Burger 287 (USA)

3 - Yvonne Hakkinen 264 (USA)

4 - Kristy Cannon 231 (USA)

5 - Ann Schuler 219 (USA)

6 - Natlie West 210 (USA)

7 - Michelle Harrison 196 (USA)

more to come with the full meet results post

Many thanks to Adam for putting this together!

Thanks also to all the promotors!

A HUGE thanks to Aaron Corcorran and family for holding the event in Tucson and having a large group of folks over to his house. Derek invited a bunch of the folks from Gorilla Arms AW team in Tucson and it was great to see so many people show up and give it a shot - many of whom had not competed in grip before. The AW folks also brought a table along and showed us how it's done. I learned a lot about AW and of course still have a lot to learn about grip comps as well.

• Like 2

Adam,

Thanks for the results.

Congratulations to Adam for the win, and also to Dave 'No weaknesses' Thornton for his second spot.

Good to see Alex mixing it with the seasoned pro grip guys - well done.

Look forward to the full results, and will get any world records up on the page straight away.

Here are some of my lifts including the 74kg Coin record. I had a shot at the 2HP and Axle records too (my lifts beat the existing records), but was bested on both this time around! Axle was a huge PR for me, up 30# from my previous best, but I've also given it the most attention lately. Brings my 74kg Nags total to 609. Finally over 600! Only 31# to get to the 640 Elite total. It will have to come from Axle and Pinch and I think I can do it by early 2013.

• Like 2

Here are some of my lifts including the 74kg Coin record. I had a shot at the 2HP and Axle records too (my lifts beat the existing records), but was bested on both this time around! Axle was a huge PR for me, up 30# from my previous best, but I've also given it the most attention lately. Brings my 74kg Nags total to 609. Finally over 600! Only 31# to get to the 640 Elite total. It will have to come from Axle and Pinch and I think I can do it by early 2013.

Great lifts Matt! :) You did new WR at penny? Congrats!

What width you used at 2 HP?