Euro Pinch Finnish Championship 2012

Juha Harju

really nice I will be attending

You´re welcome mate. :grin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hell yeah. Adam is running this too?

Yes he is! It´ll be hard contest! :shutup::grin:

We will also the Bay area in Cali hosted by Dan, Boston Mass, hosted by Mike, Australia hosted by Jarrod and UK hosted by Mark. this should come out to having 40-45 men and 8-10 women. will be pretty cool

• Like 2

Effectively immediately, this is my singular focus in training.

Just a little gamey FYI, Hans could break the 66/74kg 2HP records. The first time he saw a 2HP he purposely pinched wider than he wanted just to make the event go faster, and he ended up ~8# shy of of the record, uncertified of course.

That's great news! I better hit the gym. My record is a good 15# off my best numbers so hopefully I can make it interesting.

• Like 1

I'll have the complete list up this week

contest will be simple

Euro pinch, 4 attempts, rising bar

followed by Axle last man standing.

Scoring will be with NAGSA system.

Once each location is complete promotor sends me sheet, I'll add up all the scores. There will be a location score sheet and a combined one.

No entry fee's,

bragging rights and WR for classes on the line.

confirmed sites, I'll have promoter info as well in full post....

Finland (Juha Harju), Minneapolis (me), Bay Area (Dan Reinard), Boston (Mike Sheehan), UK (Mark M Dy), Australia (Jarrod Riordan), Ohio (Andrew Durniat)

possible

Arizona (Aaron Corcorran),

For anyone I didn't directly contact- if you want in all you need is the following

Standard European Pinch Apparatus

Ironmind Apollon's Axle

all plates measured to standard

point calibrated scale for athletes

Camera (all WR attempts for all classes will be filmed in the event anyone wants to see it)

At least two people at your site, you + 1.

Email me at AdamTGlass00@Gmail.com if you want it.

more details this week.

Edited by AdamTGlass

It is getting very close to a one event contest. WR's set in single event contests cannot be fully compared with those set in the same event in a four or five event contest. I am at my strongest in the Euro pinch when I don't do much else. Having two is better than one but it is entering a gray zone if records set in a two event contest are treated equally to those set in a contest with four or five events.

It is getting very close to a one event contest. WR's set in single event contests cannot be fully compared with those set in the same event in a four or five event contest. I am at my strongest in the Euro pinch when I don't do much else. Having two is better than one but it is entering a gray zone if records set in a two event contest are treated equally to those set in a contest with four or five events.

What about 3 events? Combinations of events and order of events comes into play too. Should you not be allowed to set a 2HP WR if it's the first event? That's "like" a single event 2HP contest as it relates to 2HP. The stuff that follows would not affect your 2HP numbers obviously.

Let's say the contest was 2HP, Axle, IM silver bullet, and a short medley of loading some blobs, etc. For the first two events, the format is unchanged from the proposed contest above. The added two events are barely any work but now the contest is four events. And obviously the added events would not affect your 2HP and Axle numbers as compared to a two event contest with just those events.

Just some thoughts. On the other hand, I've had some BIG PRs at the tail end of a decathlon.

There is no such requirement to have a minimal number of events before a pinch, and the number of events afterwards doesn't change the number. Your point, while accuarate in 2 events is less then 3 or 4, is invalid pertaining to the pinch and record status.

• Like 1

So then all of the records on the board on inferior to the ones set at my 10 event contests by this logic?

There was a big discussion on this years ago on the GB when the UK guys introduced single event contests for eg the Euro pinch. Competitors in the US pointed out that records set in single event contests cannot be fully compared with those set in competitions featuring multiple events. I therefore find it interesting to observe the trend towards single event contests in the US in the context of recognising undisputed WR's.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Most find it more difficult to excell in the Euro pinch if they also have to focus on training a multitude of other events for a contest.

There is no such requirement to have a minimal number of events before a pinch, and the number of events afterwards doesn't change the number. Your point, while accuarate in 2 events is less then 3 or 4, is invalid pertaining to the pinch and record status.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read this thread. With it posted below Juha's announcement of his Finnish contest, I never checked in.

I remember those discussions back a few years. The main point was that if there is a one event contest, you can spend a lot more time specializing on just that event, instead of spreading out efforts on multiple events.

• 3 weeks later...

Juha (or Adam)

Will there be a women's class at this contest? Kristy wants to come. And win.

Matt, yes there will. Yvonne is gonna compete too.

For the women, what is the opening axle lift? 200 is too much. I've only had 3 of 4 women lift that and they maxed at 200ish.

What is the coin apparatus height of the indicator on it? I remember the bottom of the device wasn't the legal ROM but it was less than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt, I found a replacement for Hans to give you a run for your money. He's a freshman in H.S. and I think he has a shot at breaking all three event records in his weight class. What do you call the 66kg class, super featherweight?

Matt, I found a replacement for Hans to give you a run for your money. He's a freshman in H.S. and I think he has a shot at breaking all three event records in his weight class. What do you call the 66kg class, super featherweight?

Ha super featherweight! I don't think I am going to be 66k for this event! I am pretty sure I will end up in the 74k class. It's really hard for me to be down around 145lbs. I'm sitting at 150-152 right now and really don't feel like cutting for the contest. I might do it one last time for the decathlon to try and hit the 585 Elite total for 66k, and then say "bye bye" to that weight class.

Let's see what he can do!