Quest To Certify

Broly

4/15/13

GHP Negatives (Done in seconds) - This machine is so damn painful! BUT once you're done the pain is gone so, really need to just keep doing it so my pain tolerance goes up!

50x7, 60x7, 70x5, 80x5, 82.5x5, 5, 5, 5, 80x4, 70x6, 6, 7

Plate Pinches - was surprisingly weak on this. Also haven't done it in a while

20x10 (Yanks), 30x6R, 10L (yanks), 50x2 singles, 2L 1R, 2L 1R, Bounces: 5xL

TTK

20x5, 6, 4

Bending

Bluex1, Grade 5x1

Plate Curls

20x10, 25x6L 5R

Was in a very blah type of mood so the workout was kind of bland. Energy was great but mentally not into it today so it was lacking intensity. Been bouncing around for a bit with my come back workouts but I think it's time to sit down and write up a routine so I can stay focused on the task instead of just doing whatever.

4/19/13- "Death Grip workout"

Warmup with no weight Squats: 3x15

Work time: a little over two hours

20 minutes each for Gripers, ghetto Axel and Ghetto Euro, 10 minutes or so for all others

Grippers

L: Tx10, #1x10, 22M GHP Block sets: #2x1, GHP5x1, RBA 50kg x1, 3, 2, #2x1, 50kgx4, 3 (w/ overcrush)

R: Tx10, #1x10, 22M GHP Block sets: #2x2, GHP5x2, 51.4kg x1, GHP5x1, GHP5x1, 51.4kg x2, #2x3, 3 (w/ overcrush)

Ghetto Euro

88x3, 99x2, 108x1, 118xF, 108x3, 99x3

Ghetto Axel

107x5, 173x5, 223x3, 243x1, 254x1, 273x1, 1, 223x2, 233x2, 2

Ghetto 2" Vbar

88x5, 122x2, 147x1, 162x1, 172x1, 180x1R, 147x3

IM HUB

L: 25x10, 35x4, 45x1, 46.25x1, 47.5xF, 35x3 swings, 4 swings

R: 25x8, 35x4, 42.5x1, 45x1, 46.25x1, 35x3 swings, 3 swings

Block Weight

Attempts x2, Squeezes (10secs) x2, Drags x2

Bending

60D spiral x1, Blue x1, Grade 5x1, 7" Loews HRS 5/16 x2 (1+2/3 IM Pads)

This is what the F**K I'm taking about!!! Very Hyped with this workout and results. A few days ago I sat down with a pen and pad and wrote myself a routine to follow from here on out. I'm also in the process of naming the workouts so they sound cool! Anyway, by following a routine I found myself much more focused and had a much better workout. Almost all my numbers were up and I felt great. I think this is the right direction to follow.

Starting to grease the grooves a bit more here. Bending felt like a nice steady gain as well.

• Like 1

4/21/13- "THE HYBRID WORKOUT"

Weighted Pullups

10, 25x6, 5, 50x3, 2, 25x5, 5

Plate Wrist Curls

20x6, 25x5, 27.5x4, 3, 3, 25x5 (4R)

Hercules Bar

20x7, 22.5x5, 5, 25x4, 3

Twist Yo Wrist - Still the best bang for your buck for a sick burn!!!

25x1+1, same, same

Pronation/Supination (from floor)

7.5x5, 8.75x3, 3

Bending

7" HRS Lowes 5/16 (1 + 1/3 IM Pads) x3

bending notes

1) First bend went great, I'm now down to 1+1/3 pads with this dull HRS from Lowes. finish the whole bend without switching. Felt easy and Kept the bar right at the chin which seemed to help alot with leverage

2) Tried for singles but no go, switched to 1+1/3's and got it going but stopped, let it cool then finished in singles. Not as good as first bend.

3) Third bend felt just like the first but purposely stopped where I normally struggle with the red, let it cool then finished.

Overall not a bad workout. Kept it short with quality over quantity. Felt nice to pull out the old twist yo wrist. Forgot how much it burns but it felt awesome. Everything else improved as well.

This is what the F**K I'm taking about!!! Very Hyped with this workout and results. A few days ago I sat down with a pen and pad and wrote myself a routine to follow from here on out. I'm also in the process of naming the workouts so they sound cool! Anyway, by following a routine I found myself much more focused and had a much better workout. Almost all my numbers were up and I felt great. I think this is the right direction to follow.

That's what I'm talking about. I'd like to see what kind of program you've made.

You need to come to nationals! Hoping to pull you after the comp.

That's what I'm talking about. I'd like to see what kind of program you've made.

You need to come to nationals! Hoping to pull you after the comp.

My "Death Grip" Workout is one of the main ones I'll be doing for this new routine I made for myself. Anytime I do a, "Hybrid" workout it's not the official one from the routine but a mix and match when I think I might miss a day.

Yori, This Wednesday and Thursday I should be logging in the next 2 official workouts from the routine so you can get a better view of my approach. It's going to consist of a 4 day workout plan with pullups and pushups here and there to stay warm. Trying it out right now and once I've done a few weeks of it I'll send you the everything I have on it and if it was successful and worth trying out.

All I have to do is two more lifts for the 66k class and it's official for Nationals. I've been able to stay around the 140's so I should be good to go. I'll be taking a trip to Chez's grip palace Mid May to get my other two lifts in for it to be official.

We will definitely pull! I haven't pulled in months since I stopped doing Arm Wrestling but will pull with ya for old times sake. Curious if I lost strength or not in the sport from not focusing on it for a while.

• Like 1

Yori, This Wednesday and Thursday I should be logging in the next 2 official workouts from the routine so you can get a better view of my approach. It's going to consist of a 4 day workout plan with pullups and pushups here and there to stay warm. Trying it out right now and once I've done a few weeks of it I'll send you the everything I have on it and if it was successful and worth trying out.

All I have to do is two more lifts for the 66k class and it's official for Nationals. I've been able to stay around the 140's so I should be good to go. I'll be taking a trip to Chez's grip palace Mid May to get my other two lifts in for it to be official.

We will definitely pull! I haven't pulled in months since I stopped doing Arm Wrestling but will pull with ya for old times sake. Curious if I lost strength or not in the sport from not focusing on it for a while.

Yeah, let me know how the training goes and share your results!

With the ease that you've pulled the two 74kg lifts, you'll get them for the 66 for sure.

Glad you're down to pull. It was a sad day when you said you were quitting.

Guess what.............you qualified for nationals. I sent the videos of your lifts in. Your 2 lifts at 74k and the 1 at 66k qualify you.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=40428, check out the last name on the list :).

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

4/24/13- "TITAN WORKOUT"

Dips

10, 15, 25x10, 50x6, 75x3, 3, 60x4

DB FG Shoulder Press

20x10, 40x7, 45x5, 7

DB FG Tricep Press

25x6, 27.5x3, 3, 25x5

Chest Crush Lift

150x3, 160x2, 170x2, 180x1

Gripper Chest Crush

154lb GHP6 x10, 10, 181lb COC3.5 x4, 5

bending

2xGrade 5's (singles), few failed attempts at a 7" HRS Lowes 5/16 (wobbled in single)

Bending is like a crack pipe that I have a hard time putting down. Normally this is a good thing but not for my workouts. The reason being is that I sometimes will try a hard bend in the middle of the workout and it saps a big chunk of my energy. If I'm not able to do the bend I get pissed and lose focus and it ruins the rest of the workout. I REALLY need to stop doing this and just do the bending after my workouts when I'm all warmed up.

In any event, all the lifts went up a little so I'm still progressing. My Right Middle finger joint is holding me back due to pain tolerance so I need to keep working to get it dull and thick for the bending. Figured I'd do some grade 5's to beat it up but I didn't feel too much with them and it was really more when I attempted the 7" HRS 5/16.

4/25- "Mini Death Grip workout"

Grippers

L: Vulcan 20mm: L3x8, L4x5, L6x5, L7xF, 1, #2x1, 3, Vulcan: L7x2, L8x3, L9xF

R: Vulcan 20mm: L3x10, L4x10, L6x8, L7x1, 1, #2x3, GHP5x1, Vulcan: L7x3, L8x1, L9xF

Ghetto Axel

88x5, 108x1, 118x2 (rim in line with palm), 123xF, 113x2, 1

My mind is definitely elsewhere today. in the middle of moving to a new place and very distracted so kept it very short. Might come back and finish later tonight or tomorrow depending on how I feel. Also starving!

• 2 weeks later...

5/3/13 - Last Minute Workout

Squats - Finally able to do official squats. Using my ghetto axel for now till I get an Olympic bar. WOW my legs are weak!! Haha! After a few sets of using a light weight my legs felt like freakin jello and it really screwed me up on anything else that remotely used legs. I'm actually very happy because I feel like I was lacking so much in the leg department and now I can change all that

Grippers - I've closed a 2.5 but it's always been inconsistent. Tonight i crushed it!! Wish I had it on freakin video.

20mm Block Sets

L: tx10, #1x10, #2x5, GHP5 x3, #2.5x1 (MM set), GHP5 x2, #2x4

R: tx10, #1x10, #2x5, GHP5 x4, #2.5x1 (MM set - crushed!!!), GHP5 x3, 3

Ghetto Euro - I honestly couldn't even bend my legs for this from squats. Really screwed things up here.

88x3, 108x2, 108x1 hold.

Rolling Thunder - Broke into the 130's which is a new PR for me so very happy here.

100x8 easy, 110x3 easy, 120x3 easy, 130x1 L

Plate Wrist Curls - Want to be able to do 10 of these. Almost there.

25x8

Bending

This wasn't much of a session. Tried for a 7" 5/16 HRS Lowes brand. Failed in singles and then in 1+1/3. Bending is definitely something you need to do at least twice a week. Even a week lay off seems to have a drastic effect here. If I want to get back into making progress in bending I'm going to need to hit this more than usual.

Plate wrist curls-different from plate curls?

130 is impressive for the RT. wanna race to bodyweight?

Saw your squat rack. Nice.

What weight are you using to begin?

Plate wrist curls-different from plate curls?

130 is impressive for the RT. wanna race to bodyweight?

Saw your squat rack. Nice.

What weight are you using to begin?

Woops, I meant to write plate curls. I like that idea of a race for a buddy weight RT race! Its officially on!

My squatting is very weak. My ghetto axel weighs about 19lbs and then I added 25 to each side just to warm up for now. Got like5-7 reps out with a few sets. This will go up fast though. Just need to get the first few in then I'll be back to a decent weight. I'm making sure my butt goes below my knees.

Definitley won't be able to do euro pinches or deadlifts after squats.

Cool. Bobby is also racing us to either 200 for reps, or 210. I'm currently only lifting about 95 son got a ways to go.

Also, do you use any momentum for the plate curls?

210 would be my bodyweight. Haha. But, that number will probably go down soon, I will lose weight when I start this job Monday...

Here he is! Haha

A bodyweight pull at your size would be pretty phenomenal.

• Like 1

Haha thanks man. I'll get it, just gimme a minute...

Cool. Bobby is also racing us to either 200 for reps, or 210. I'm currently only lifting about 95 son got a ways to go.

Also, do you use any momentum for the plate curls?

Nope, no momentum. Strict Plate curls with the 25lb plate. The jump to my 33lb Euro plate is pretty significant due to the increased overall diameter. I use a strap and tie on another 2.5lbs or 5 lbs to work my way up to 33lbs. Not at 33lbs just yet.

5/6/13- Monday Mayhem!

Axel Deep Squats- Been over 8 years so my pencil thin legs need to bulk up!

69x5, 89x3, 89x4, 100x2

GHP Negatives

50x7, 60x7, 70x5, 80x5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 82.5x5, 5

Plate Pinches

L: 20x10 swings, 30x5 DL's, 50x3, 5, 5, 55x2, 2

R: 20x10 swings, 30x5 DL's, 50x2, 3, 3, 55x1, 50x1

WD

L: L1 double click x2, L4x1, L5x1, L3x2, 2, L4 double click x1

R: L1 double clickx2, L4x1, L5x1, L3x3, 3, L4 double click x1

Keypinch

20x7, 5, 6

Drywall Lifts

25x10, 8, 10

Floor pronation

7.5x10, 7R

Bending - Initially not very good but after a better warm up bend, the next one freakin melted! Need to remember to do warm up bends.

7" HRS- 1 + 1/3 Failed

7" HRS- 1 +2/3 x1

7" HRS -1 +1/3 x1

Pretty damn good workout. Drank some coffee in the morning which gave me a ton of energy on top of my juicing. Was able to get all this done within 1 hour and 10 minutes so not a bad morning workout.

It's really funny how similar our body types are. I'm very weak with squats and have never previously trained them before my current program.

What's meant here by "it's been8 years", though?

It's really funny how similar our body types are. I'm very weak with squats and have never previously trained them before my current program.

What's meant here by "it's been8 years", though?

It's because I haven't done a squat with weights in about 8 years. I haven't been part of a gym in quite some time and just recently moved to a new place with more room and bought myself the squat rack. Now I can finally start squatting and getting back to bench pressing. I still don't have an Olympic Barbell so I've been using my ghetto Axel. The Axel feels kind of weird but it'll have to do till I get an Olympic Barbell. I noticed that after I did my squats I crushed the hell out of my COC 2.5. I've never been able to crush it and only just close it.

5/8/13- "Wicked Wednesday!"

Axel Bench - really really really really really need a flat bench for this!! I almost fell backwards on my short adjustable bench. A bit awkward with the bench and axel. I'll feel more comfortable with a flat bench and Oly Bar (soon to be obtained!)

107x12 (flat), 107x12 (inclined), 138x8, 157x3

Dips

50x4, 5, 60x4, 5

Chest Crush LIfts

181lb COC 3.5 x5, 5, 6, 3

Gripper Chest Crushes

150x4, 4, 3, 4

Tricep / Shoulder Press SuperSet

20x10, 25x5, 3

Bending - This was not easy after doing the previous exercises! My upper body was just shot! BUT I still managed to get this sucker. Took a few hits but very happy I had what little strength left over to tackle this.

5/16 HRS 7" x1 (1+2/3)

Saw you have a thing for coffee now.

Hit me up, I work at Starbucks and get free beans every week.