Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

You're killin' that stub! I'm psyched....only 19 days to WSH!

Thanks dude. I can't wait. Its going to be so much fun. I'm sure the intensity will be high at Jedd's

Tonight I lifted and hit a little light bending.

Seated overhead Barbell Press

Warm ups

45 lbs = 10 reps

115 lbs = 8 reps

Working

165 lbs = 5 reps

170 lbs = 5 reps

175 lbs = 5 reps

125 lbs = 8 reps

Light Squats - program calls for lighter squats for recovery

Warm ups

135 lbs = 10 reps

Working

205 lbs = 5 reps

205 lbs = 5 reps

Stiff Leg Deadlifts

Warm ups

95 lbs = 10 reps

135 lbs = 5 reps

Working

185 lbs = 5 reps

195 lbs = 5 reps

205 lbs = 5 reps

155 lbs = 8 reps

- finished the gym sessions with 4 sets of calf raises, 3 sets of machine crunches, 3 sets of leg lifts for lower abs

Bending - all in IMPS

Reverse = Grade 2 bolt.

Double overhand = Grade 2 bolt, 60D galvanized nail and Grade 5 bolt (Grade 5 felt super easy)

Note: tomorrow I hit thick bar.

Been taking a couple days to rest and recover. I played basketball Wednesday night for 2 hours and my legs are super sore. I weight lifted and trained light thick bar tonight. I didn't do anything that involved legs because they need another night off so no squats, leg presses etc..

Incline Bench Press

Warm ups

135 lbs = 10 reps

185 lbs = 5 reps

Working

215 lbs = 5 reps

225 lbs = 5 reps

230 lbs = 5 reps

185 lbs = 8 reps

- honestly, I still had more in the tank. Going to have to move up a little more next time.

Lat Pull-downs with Fat Gripz (The gym got this new cable station and the lat bar is even thicker than before which stretches the fat gripz wider and makes this even tougher)

160 lbs = 8 reps

160 lbs = 8 reps

160 lbs = 8 reps

Cable pulley close grip rows with Fat gripz

160 lbs = 10 reps

160 lbs = 10 reps

175 lbs = 10 reps

190 lbs = 10 reps

Note; My buddy is coming over to train tomorrow morning. He might be bringing the other guy with train with as well. I just got a rogue axle, IM hub and long handled sledge hammer the other day. Time to pop the cherry on this new equipment. Should be a fun Saturday morning.

• Like 2

A little late posting in the log but I had my friend over yesterday morning for a training session. I was in too much of a rush to write down all the numbers as usual when I have training sessions with others since I like to keep things moving.

Trained Vulcan V2, All forms of sledge levering, IM hub, Rogue Axle (My friend lifted 276lbs DO and he only weighs 176 which impressed me), Ghetto stub and loadable blob. My garage was over a 100 degrees and humid. Great cardio. Good times.

Note: My birthday is next Sunday but I'll be away so we celebrated with my family today. Going to take the money I got and buy the materials to make a Euro to official specs listed in the equipment thread of the board. Only way to get good at this stuff is to have it and train with it. Tomorrow night I hit the weights again.

• Like 1

make a Euro to official specs listed in the equipment thread of the board. Only way to get good at this stuff is to have it and train with it.

Just got my true Euro set up yesterday. Really pumped to use it. Happy early birthday!

make a Euro to official specs listed in the equipment thread of the board. Only way to get good at this stuff is to have it and train with it.

Just got my true Euro set up yesterday. Really pumped to use it. Happy early birthday!

Training the real deal makes a huge difference.

Kevin, get used to that Euro. I'm thinking we should use yours for Adams Sept mini comp.

Kevin, get used to that Euro. I'm thinking we should use yours for Adams Sept mini comp.

Sounds good! I expect A LOT of seasoning between now and then too. With the humidity in my area and the washer/dryer going, anything made of steel in that room starts seasoning in a matter of days. The brand new GripTopz I bought less than a month ago already look years old.

Sounds good! I expect A LOT of seasoning between now and then too. With the humidity in my area and the washer/dryer going, anything made of steel in that room starts seasoning in a matter of days. The brand new GripTopz I bought less than a month ago already look years old.

I hear Tim's plates were comp quality. Shouldn't need seasoning but it also helps. I'll keep that in mind on my new equipment. It takes years just to get some color on my stuff. We have zero humidity. Heck I store the grippers in the open in the garage.

Sorry Chez. We jacked your log. Have a great birthday dude.

Thanks for the B day wishes guys. I hit the weight room at my school tonight.

Seated Overhead Barbell Press

Warm ups

45 lbs = 10 reps

115 lbs = 8 reps

Working

165 lbs = 5 reps

175 lbs = 5 reps

180 lbs = 5 reps

145 lbs = 8 reps

- These felt easy tonight

Squats

Warm ups

45 lbs = 10 reps

135 lbs = 8 reps

225 lbs = 5 reps

Working

265 lbs = 3 sets of 5 reps

225 lbs = 1 set of 8 reps

- I have had some ankle issues in the last couple weeks. My ankle felt better tonight. I may rotate squats with leg presses and axle deads. I want to improve my axle as soon as WSH is over and this plan allows my back to rest one day (leg press day) and lets me get axle training in by replacing one squat day. Doing an axle day with 3 days of squats would really tax my lower back.

Assisted Chin-Ups

64 lb counter weight = 3 sets of 8 reps

70 lb counter weight = 1 set of 8 reps

- Next week, I'll do 4 sets with 64lbs. Gotta keep lowering the help so I can do them without any help eventually.

Edited by Chez

Hit Pinch late last night.

Ghetto Stub

- weight only includes weight plates

10lbs = 5 lifts with each hand

20 lbs = 3 lifts with each hand

26 lbs = 1 lift with each hand

30 lbs = 1 lift with each hand

33 lbs = 1 lift with each hand

36 lbs = 1 lift with each hand

39 lbs = 1 lift with each hand

39.75 lbs = Air with left hand, didn't try right

41 lbs = 1 lift with right hand

42.25 lbs = 1 lift with right hand

- Not as good as last session. Garage is super hot and humid so it may be affecting the pinch surface.

1 Hand Plate Pinch

Two Olympic 25lb plates = 5 lifts with each hand

Two Standard 25lbs plates = 2 sets of 5 lifts with each hand

Four Olympic 5.5lb plates + one 5 lb plate = 5 lifts with each hand

Four Olympic 5.5lb plates + two 5 lb plates = 1 lift left but no lift right

1 Hand Pinch Cleans

Four Olympic 5.5lb plates = 5 Cleans Right and Left

- This is tough on the thumb webbing since the plates have sharp edges.

Vulcan Thumbscrew Key Pinch

2 Red IM bands on top notches = 3 sets of 10 reps with each hand

Extensors

Red IM band = 5 sets of 20 reps with each hand

Note: No strength training tonight. I'm playing basketball with friends at the gym. I might train Arm wrestling Thursday night. A friend on the Gripboard is going to lend me the David Horne Wrist developer at the AW session. Never used it before so It would be nice to get some practice time on it and plan my attempts before WSH.

I had arm wrestling practice last thursday and I'm still sore. AW is intense. I have not been this sore in a long time. been poping the pain pills like candy. I'm in cape code for extended weekend vacation. I'm driving home tonight. Tomorrow night or Wednesday I'll do a quick grip workout and plan my attempts for WHS this Saturday. Hopefully my arms will heal by then.

Rest up buddy! Can't wait for the weekend!

Hopefully I can make it. I'm going to have to play it by ear. I didn't realized how beat up I would be from one AW practice. I may schedule a massage for tonight or tomorrow. Been icing my arm and taking anti-inflammatories. Live and learn I guess.

I see what you're doin'.......trying to psych everyone out by making believe that you're not competing this weekend.....and then BOOM! LOL

You'll heal up by then....you've still got 62 hours to rest....

• Like 1

I see what you're doin'.......trying to psych everyone out by making believe that you're not competing this weekend.....and then BOOM! LOL

haha, I'm just making things dramatic. I'm going to walk into Jedd's like Willis Reed at the start of game 7 of the 1970 NBA finals.

Just kidding. I'm actually feeling a lot better today. Not 100% but much better. Been resting all week. Taking vitamin C, glucosamine chondroitin and ibuprofen. I'll see how I feel Friday night. Arm Wrestling really taxes the tendons of the arm. I have never felt anything like this before. I have had to wake up in the middle of the night a couple nights this week because my tendons were inflamed. I had to ice and take pain killers just to go back and get a little sleep.

haha, I'm just making things dramatic. I'm going to walk into Jedd's like Willis Reed at the start of game 7 of the 1970 NBA finals.

Just kidding. I'm actually feeling a lot better today. Not 100% but much better. Been resting all week. Taking vitamin C, glucosamine chondroitin and ibuprofen. I'll see how I feel Friday night. Arm Wrestling really taxes the tendons of the arm. I have never felt anything like this before. I have had to wake up in the middle of the night a couple nights this week because my tendons were inflamed. I had to ice and take pain killers just to go back and get a little sleep.

I think getting into a pool could be beneficial to you. I don't really mean cranking laps though. I'd recommend some gentle wide sculling. Of course, I'm a former swimmer, not a doctor...so buyer beware.

I think getting into a pool could be beneficial to you. I don't really mean cranking laps though. I'd recommend some gentle wide sculling. Of course, I'm a former swimmer, not a doctor...so buyer beware.

I thought about that. My school gym has a pool. I may stop by tonight. I have been taking really hot showers which really helps. I honestly may have to pull out of world's strongest hands. I can't compete being this sore. I know myself too well. I won't be able to hold back. Once the comp starts, I'll push myself to the limit and if my tendons are this sore, there is a great chance for injury. I may need another week of doing nothing to fully recover.

That really sucks man....it won't be the same without you there....you're the one who encouraged me to pull the trigger and make this my first contest!

See how you feel tomorrow night....

That really sucks man....it won't be the same without you there....you're the one who encouraged me to pull the trigger and make this my first contest!

See how you feel tomorrow night....

I'm doing everything man. I'll try my best. I'm super bummed out about this. I have been talking to arm wrestlers and they said its normal to take 1-2 weeks to fully recover from your first practice. I wish I would have known that ahead of time and I wouldn't have tried it so close to a comp. Worst case scenario, I won't compete but I'll still drive down to cheer all you guys on and learn from Jedd.

• Like 1

That would be a shame! Hope you heal up before the contest...however sore tendons and stuff tend to take some time...

• Like 1

Arm Wrestling really taxes the tendons of the arm. I have never felt anything like this before. I have had to wake up in the middle of the night a couple nights this week because my tendons were inflamed. I had to ice and take pain killers just to go back and get a little sleep.

man i feel ya. ive been doing quite a bit of AW these days, and the pain has pretty much shut down any other training besides horse shoe bending.. sucks, but hopefully it pays off this weekend.. i'll be pulling my first comp at the Europa this saturday in Dallas. and at this point, im just hoping i dont come home with a broke arm. lol

on a side note though, eating hella yogurt somehow helps reduce tendon pain... i dont know how this works, but ive definately been hurting less since ive been downing this stuff like its going out of style..

good luck at the comp as well! hope to see some badass vids man!

word.

Thanks for the tip Tommy. I'm eating Yogurt while typing this :). Good Luck at your comp. I think you would be great at arm wrestling. Your very strong in relation to your body weight. I'm super heavy so I would have to loose weight or get a hell of a lot stronger to good at AW since I would be in the unlimited weight class.

That would be a shame! Hope you heal up before the contest...however sore tendons and stuff tend to take some time...

Thanks buddy. Been a really painful week. I hope I heal up but I won't compete unless I feel comfortable and confident. I don't want to be side lined for even longer by injuring myself.

keep it warm. knee sleeves, loose ace bandage, long sleeve shirt. just try to keep it as wrm as possible all the time. contrast baths will help as well. as hot as you can stand it and as much ice as you can fit in the bowl.

keep it warm. knee sleeves, loose ace bandage, long sleeve shirt. just try to keep it as wrm as possible all the time. contrast baths will help as well. as hot as you can stand it and as much ice as you can fit in the bowl.

Thank you sir. Just borrowed one of those microwavable hot pads from someone in the office. I'm going to buy one as soon as I get home for tonight. I'll keep heating and icing all night. I'm going to do whatever I can.

Worst case scenario, I won't compete but I'll still drive down to cheer all you guys on and learn from Jedd.

Cool beans. Looking forward to meeting yah.

• Like 1

for the icing...contrast baths have helped me a lot. straight up icing a lot less so. I know that when Rindo had elbow issues he got much better results with heat than ice. and this last week or so MobilityWOD has advised people to stay away from icing. so, the contrast baths are an insane amount of blood flow. very different from straight icing. hope it helps.

see you sat.

• Like 1