A Long Journey Back To Grip

pdfk20

Started off with some CCS closes of #2.5, (as still cant really do any setting)

1/2 penny

Up to about 16kg rh

Stub

Weight up gradually to 18.4kg kg which I got BH and was a new PB

18.8kg then went up RH

20.0kg fail

19.4kg then went up both hands (while first vid was uploading)

20.0kg fail

19.6kg went up RH video:

Thought i was done here...but oh no!! there was more!

20.2kg RH , came up!! (half way through the lift i thought it was going down, but it kept coming) really pleased to cross the 20kg barrier, really, really pleased icon_e_smile.gif

Was going to train shallow hub, but Stub went on too long, so calling it a night there.

i think the 20.2kg lift, may actually be 20.0kg , but my crappy scales aren't that accurate and the weights havent been calibrated. Still a massive PR. And safe to say here the minimum weight this lift was 20.0kg.

congrats on the PB. I really want to try these other grip disciplines once I reach my gripper goal.

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon this one was closed at the 38s mark, but maybe its impossible to tell cos the angle of the camera isn't parallel with the gripper

Solid CCS #3 close, nice bud

Due to grip related injuries from the recent wsh, the only event I could train today is 1/2 penny. But managed quite a tasty PR of 17.4kg. Heres the vid:

For some reason I cant seem to get these lifts in competition. Think a mixture of nerves and lack of confidence. Anywho I'll work on it :P

Still really pleased with this PR.

Off on holiday for a week in the Sun tomorrow. Gonna take a #2 and a #3 to muck around with.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, Still training away, but only right handed at the moment as got a case of tendonitis or something in my left hand.

Still trying to CCS the #3 as my main grip goal. In todays sesh on a couple of attempts im like maybe 2mm away, so its definately doable. I bought a new #3 which is even wider :( so if thats the new standard of #3's then this will delay my chances of certing, but i'll get there.

The hubbing is going well, did a pb on the shallow hub today (24.4kg) heres the vid:

Yes, the spread of the #3 is pretty big if you don't have the largest hands in the world. But it will come Pete, you definitely have the strength in da house

to get the job done. Nice workouts and be careful with that tendonitis thing!

Yes, the spread of the #3 is pretty big if you don't have the largest hands in the world. But it will come Pete, you definitely have the strength in da house

to get the job done. Nice workouts and be careful with that tendonitis thing!

Thanks Geralt!

• 6 months later...

Hey Gripboard. My comeback has been going ok. I've had a few injuries, tendon strains nothing major.

But on grippers I seem to be still managing to make strength gains. I reckon i'm back to the sort of strength i had on grippers about 4 years ago. I can now manage 3 to 4 solid reps on the no.3 (// reps). And just tonight i've shut the RB330N ( i cud even feel myself grinding the handles a bit). Heres the vid:

I tried it later with a 20mm block set and came very close if not got it, but didnt film that one.

If this run of form continues, I hope to be on course for the MM3.

• Like 1

Good to see you are still training and strong on the grippers again!

I second that, nice