BH: 5 x 1 CCS #1

RH: #2.5 , 5 x 2 with a LS

BBSM (2.8 ish) 8 x 1 CCS

5 x 1 Slow close

several #1 closes of different styles and reps to finish

LH: #2.5 3 x 1 LS

3 x 1 CCS

BBSM 3 x 1 with a parallel set

I couldn't resist! So i've bought an AtomGripz Quad Band, with sharp knurling and standard spread.

(first gripper iv bought in like 2 years!)

I think this will be a great gripper for me to work negatives and just generally train with. It will also be a fantastic goal gripper im sure!

Will be training on my GripTopz and Tombstone for the first time tomorrow and will be sure to post my max lifts here.

Great work on the contest and the record Pete! Glad you bought one of the Atomgripz too man. I have 8 of them now.

Thanks Ben!

The sesh on sunday was a bit of a non event, cos i didnt have any small olympic plates for the griptopz stuff, so will have to get some soon.

This morning 90 mins in gym - 30 mins on treadmill a hill setting (on lvl 11 of 12) 30 mins weights, 30 mins core and stretching.

But....... Tonight :)

Grippers session :

BH: Warm up closes on #1 and #2 ( a mixture of wide set and deep set closes)

RH:

IM #3 (~ 3.1) - 2 x 1 ( parallel set)

2 x 2 ( a parallel set shut, and then let open to about 1/2" then shut again and held) -

First set was nailed for the 2 reps BIG PR!!!, second set i was about 2mm from shutting the 2nd rep.

BBSM (2.8) - 1 x 3 (CCS reps)

not the best vid as my you cant clearly see the card go in, but u get the idea.

#2.5 - 2 x 3 (CCS reps)

- 2 x 2 (CCS reps)

#2 - 1 x 7 (CCS reps)

#1 - 1 x 19 (CCS reps)

LH:

BBSM - 2 x 1 (parallel set)

3 x 1

#2.5 - 2 x 1 (CCS) Both closed eventually !

#2 -1 x 4 (CCS reps)

#1 - 1 X 10 (CCS reps)

Forearms are pretty damn pumped after this sesh! Im def feeling an increase in strength tonight. :)

Current BW - 75.5 kg

Here is the video of my attempt on the quad band, think its shut, you can be the judge! Sorry for the long pause in between showing the gripper and closing it, but i was chalking up and psyching myself up!

Great gripper, sharp knurl, normal spread, I reckon the rating has got to be around a 3.3 ish.

Thanks Atomgripz, hopefully ill be getting a few more of your grippers after the next competition is over!

Here is the video of my attempt on the quad band, think its shut, you can be the judge! Sorry for the long pause in between showing the gripper and closing it, but i was chalking up and psyching myself up!

Great gripper, sharp knurl, normal spread, I reckon the rating has got to be around a 3.3 ish.

Thanks Atomgripz, hopefully ill be getting a few more of your grippers after the next competition is over!

Looked closed to me!!!

DUDE...PETE... I did not realize you were under 82.5kg and actually only weigh 165lbs. :bow

I've got to up my game in a hurry for the 82.5kg WSH class!

Good work Pete. Keep it up man. Motivating stuff. I really miss a good training bud over here for some serious kick ass griptraining.

Thanks Matt and Geralt!

Yeah Matt since i returned to gripdom ive been a fair bit lighter than when i used to train back in 07. With this lower weight class adds a lot more excitement for me and prospect of doing well in competitions. I'm really excited fo the WSH later in the year. Need to get training on those griptopz though, as ive done nothing yet!

Tonights Grip Sesh:

BH: #1 and #2 1 set of 5 reps LS

RH: #3 - 1 x 2 (// reps)

Quad Band x 1

#3 - // set with a pause and then shut x 4

bbsm - 2 x 1 CCS

#2.5 - 2 x 1 CCS

LH: BBSM - 1 x 2

#3 negs x 4

#2 -5 x 1 CCS

Thanks Ben! Hope you had a good birthday mate!

So this was the one hand deadlifting me and my mate Mitch (who im trying to convince to compete at Atomgripz) got up to.

Hopefully we were doing what is one hand deadlifting :S

We were a little unsure what qualified as a good lift, wether u had to just get it off the ground or past a certain point etc..

But i def like this event , after my attempt on 115.5kg i knew that was right up at my limit, but will start to incoporate this into my training every couple of weeks.

RH and LH 100kg:

RH 115.5kg :

This one wasnt perhaps lifted to a good enough height but pretty damn close.

I didnt try again, as there was some discomfort in my wrist after this attempt so decided to call it a day.

Before we did the one hand lifting, i had a crach at my RB330N (~3.4) (this was the hardest gripper i ever shut back in 07) ,

i managed to get it to within about 5mm from shut from about a parallel set.

You're doing great! Only if I may add, watch your back mate! it seems to be a bit on the round side when lifting. Especially on the last 115.5 attempt.

Not that I'm a champ or anything, but I just noticed it. Don't want an injury... but strong lifts dude.

Cheers :mosher

Cheers Geralt, you're right dude, I def need to work on my technique.

Nice work man! Quad Band is not a laughing matter..

Good training sesh with Mark M-D today at his place in Basingstoke. Hes got a really awesome set up, with pretty much every grip item available, would be a really good place for a southern competition i'd wager.

So we trained 7 events today:

VHG, Wrist developer, 2HP, 1HP, Half penny, Stub, Hub, Rolling Thunder

My highlights were:

On the 2HP I confidently lifted 84kg, so went for 94kg and got about 5 inches of air, but it was too much for me this time, maybe on Davids 2HP it would have gone, maybe not. I lowered the weight but I was starting to get some skin tear at the base of the thumb so decided not to push this one any further.

On the 1HP with the right hand I managed 39.4kg.

GripTopz:

All my lifts were PBs as this was the first time I had trained with the GripTopz.

Max lifts:

Half Penny:

LH: 13.75kg

RH: 14.25kg

Stub:

LH: 15.75kg

RH: 15.75kg (got some air on 16.25kg but not taken high enough)

Hub:

LH: 15.25kg

RH: 18.25kg

Rolling Thunder:

LH: 76.5kg (this lift prob wouldn't have counted in competition, but was very close)

RH: 70kg

I really enjoyed the lifts with the half penny and the stub. It was also interesting to try 1HP and RT. It was also my first time trying the wrist developer which i think is def a weak one for me.

I picked up some small OL discs so i can train on my own GripTopz now, so will start messing with that this weekend.

Tonights grippers workout:

BH #1 WU

RH:

#3 (~3.1) : LS 4 x 1

RB330N (~3.4) : FN 3 x 1 (1st attempt taken to about 3mm from shut, 2nd attempt taken to about 2mm, 3rd to 4mm, before being forced shut and held at about 1mm from shut for about 5s)

BBSM (~2.8) - CCS 4 x 1 with a much longer pause on the set

LH:

BBSM : MMS 4 x 1

#2.5 : MMS 2 x 1

#2: CCS 3 x 3

First time training with the GripTopz Rim.

Got up to 74.8kg RH left hand max lift was 68kg

Here is the video of the 74.8kg lift:

• 3 weeks later...

First sesh after the AtomGripz comp.

So tonight I thought some light gripper sesh wouldnt hurt my wrist (destroyed on the Wrist Developer during the comp), and so I went for the 50 reps challenge that David has posted (on world of grip forum) and wow you certainly do get a good pump from it.

So unless I've lost the ability to count, both my attempts for left and right hand were short of 50, righty being the closes with 47, left 39.

Here are the vids anyway, I reckon I'll get the right handed one next time, as i wasted some energy with the block getting trapped in the set. Left hand will take a few weeks but will be a good challenge.

RH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta5-Vdic ... er&list=UL

LH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTxo4Pze ... er&list=UL

I reckon 100 reps on the RH is possible, but wow that would be hard

Trying some things out in the gym tonight, I want to build about 3kg of muscle (for now..)

25km Cycling

15mins X Trainer

Bench Press:

1 x 8 x 40kg

1 x 8 x 50kg

3 x 8 x 60kg

Military Press:

3 x 8 x 25kg

Deadlift DO Olympic bar:

1 x 8 x 60kg

1 x 8 x 80kg

3 x 8 x 100kg

Squats:

1 x 8 x 40k

1 x 8 x 60kg

4 x 8 x 80kg

Bicep curl dumbells:

2 x 6 x 20kg

Shrugs:

40kg dumbell in each hand - 1 x 8 --- wow this hit the grip hard! Gonna do some holds for time next time.

Some other random dumbell work that I don't know how to name.

Edited by Pete1006

Sundays Session:

R/H VHG to lvl 16

1/2 penny:

R/H - 14.5kg - this weight was easy did a few lifts and timed holds

15.75kg - I managed to lift this sucker 3 times but each time couldn't put it down without losing the grip.

L/H - max lift was 13.25kg

Hub - R/H to 19.5kg

RT:

B/H to 72.2kg

Generally feeling quite weak throughout this session.

Today:

CCS training:

B/H - #1 warm up

RH:

#2.5 - 2 x 2, both times failed on the 3rd rep by about an 1/8"

BBM - 1 x 20

LH:

BBM - 1 x 8

1 x 10

Stub:

R/H to : 17.1kg PR!! (attempt on 18.4 failed)

L/H to : 17.1kg to the right height but lost grip on way down. ( best lift 15.8kg PR)

Shallow hub:

R/H - 20.8kg

22.1kg ( 2 attempts, both taken to about 6 inches off the ground) Still a big improvement

L/H to 17.1 kg

Rolling Thunder:

R/H to 72kg

L/H to 77kg

Grippers:

MMS:

RH:

RB330N - 1st attempt 2mm away

2nd attempt to 2mm BFN x 2

Hard #3 20mm block attempt - Shut.

Hard #3 30mm block attempt (within about 1mm i reckon)

#2.5 x 5 30mm block reps

LH:

Hard #3- 1st attempt 1mm away to FN - negative PR!

2nd attempt 3mm away to FN

RB300N - 2 attempt to within 3mm

CCS:

RH:

#2.5 x 4

BBSM x 2

LH:

#2.5 x 1 (within 1mm)

Shallow Hub: - starting to really nail in my own form here, which is helping loads.

RH to 21.0kg PR !!

22.4kg got air underneath twice, but not taken high enough.

LH to 18.6kg