Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Thank you guys! CCS will never be my favourite! Lol

Applied for the #3 certification with Ironmind!

Really happy to see this. You got this dude. Just be confident and give it everything you have. Look forward to seeing your name on that list.

• Like 2

Thank you guys, I owe a lot of my improvement on feedback from you guys. Thank you for that. I enjoy the comradery here.

I have to agree with Nathan that CCS work became a mental thing for me because of my top strength tends to go every which way on occasion.

Stepping up is now the best thing to do and to work for the cert. I am filling out the final form this evening and hope that the cert date will be on my birthday or next to that date. I will give it everything I have.

• Like 1

European gripper slaughterer out of Holland!

Show us what you are made of!

• Like 1

Good luck Geralt, you've worked hard to make this happen!

• Like 1

Thnx guys! Eyes on the price. I am fully aware this cert isn't going to be a give away. Will be nice to finally ditch the CCS if everything goes right.

Was doing some chores around the house and while fumbling around I picked up some grippers:

IM#3.5 choked to parallel: closed! Nice. Surprises me however, since last gripperwork was Thursday.

BBE (169) mms, missed by a hair;

BBGM (137) 20mm blockset 1 x 5 reps.

Had contact with IM, 6th September they're trying to line up a judge.

Will be nice to finally ditch the CCS if everything goes right.

Ditch CCS? There is still the 3.5 cert. Always think big :upsidedwn

• Like 2

Will be nice to finally ditch the CCS if everything goes right.

Ditch CCS? There is still the 3.5 cert. Always think big :upsidedwn

Ok. For a while than haha

Right on Geralt! Glad to hear you put in for the #3 cert man. Oh what a feeling when you get it on the books! :zorro:

• Like 1

Right on Geralt! Glad to hear you put in for the #3 cert man. Oh what a feeling when you get it on the books! :zorro:

Haha! You know it Ben! I sure hope so.

Monday:

DL after warming up: 155kg 3 x 3 as fast as possible;

Goodmornings, 60 kg 4 x 10, haven't done these in a long time! Sore hamstrings now.

Tried some pullingwork, horizontal pull with kid's Junglegym rings.

Tuesday: Triggerpoint massage for my shoulder and right arm injury. This felt good, Guy took his time in listening to me and hit some good spots.

Seems my shoulderproblem is also related to a tight rightside pec.

Today and tomorrow: rest. Friday or Saturday CCS work.

• Like 1

Took the day today because of warm weather here and for doing some stuff around the house.

So I went for a relaxed gripsession without any other stuff on my mind but it turned out I was way off with grippers today.

Wider sets with several #3's felt like crap and I was struggling through the motions. So I quit.

Some other training done and that's it. Looking for my body's manual on the attic now.

Good luck with the cert!!!! And good luck against Costa Rica ;)

Good luck with the cert!!!! And good luck against Costa Rica ;)

Thank you man and the game went well! Lol

Some CCS attempts from last week, June 26th. Didn't have my required rest than but it was the day I would test some CCS. I trained four days before so it was too short after last session. I got a CCS, but just, or missed it, couldn't tell. from there started doing some filming, since that also takes strength for me.

After a few attempts I'm mostly shot. The sweep is not much of a problem, but for the final close in mm's I really need to be fully recovered. It's still a max effort attempt. The first two attempts were done with a 153lbs #3 btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RuGFkp8Lh0

Edited by Geralt

First time fumbling around with an improvised kettlebell. I really want to do something about my stubborn belly fat, and since I hate cardio I have done a lot of reading on kettlebell training. I am truly humbled. I must say, the one legged squat, this kind of work and ab wheel and stuff really works the body in a very good way.

Tried 20 swings, pushups, ab wheel roll outs, rest, repeat . After a few rounds I was exhausted . I think I can ditch the roll outs from this one haha

Trained legs yesterday evening, went up to testing my max with the backsquat, atg. Haven't done heavy squatting for a while and got up to 132 kg.

After squatting my wife discovered a receipt in our mailbox that my new trapbar had been delivered that morning at out neighbour's garage so I went up there and picked it up.

This is complete other movement and I did some higher repwork with it for getting the feel. It works the quads and glutes much more, so it's a very nice training tool. Need to do some fumbling around

what works best with this new piece of equipment.

After that I was wasted. Also this morning so I think I hit the CNS pretty good. Lot's of eating today and rest. Grippers somewhere next week.

After squatting my wife discovered a receipt in our mailbox that my new trapbar had been delivered that morning at out neighbour's garage so I went up there and picked it up.

Nice! Too bad they haven't got one at my gym...

Nice! Too bad they haven't got one at my gym...

Yeah, it's a really cool thing. Pretty thick handles also, so when I attach my FG's on them it becomes a true test of open handstrength. Not going to bother to much with that now though.

It's much more comfortable for doing shrugs and it works the legs much more different. Haven't done heavier than 100 kg last night, but next week I will test what I can do with this one. The handles are positioned higher so I think I will be working with it from a deficit.

10481005 319128098247382 5212660056501352968 N

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

Wow, that's a cool bar, geralt. Nice purchase! Looking forward to see how your training goes with it.

Wow, that's a cool bar, geralt. Nice purchase! Looking forward to see how your training goes with it.

Thnx, yeah I really like it. Here's some articles...

http://www.t-nation.com/training/unconventional-trap-bar-exercises

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_trap_bar_deadlift

• Like 1