• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G-Man

• lifesnotfair

• Kashtan

• ChrisJames

Awesome strength again, Chris!

I shall give the video a go for you guys later on , i'll ask my son to put it on you tube.

Sounds like me and my PC - fetch me a small one to fix it LOL

• 2 weeks later...

My new favorite...

One end of the 7' barbell in the corner with a pad, the other end loaded with weights. Stand to one side, with the end of the bar in line with your sternum, grab with one hand and row.

200 x 3

250 x 3

275 x 3 x 5 sets

275 is about 240 due to the leverage factor (d1*w1/d2).

d1 is the distance from the fulcrum to the centre of the weights.

w1 is the amount of weight.

d2 is where your hand is located.

:)

Here's a pick of my setup.

24242_361369336808_531121808_4157167_48593_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Since my arm is 95%+ healed up, I moved to straps and normal grip a couple weeks ago (sets of 5 with 175).

Today, I did sets of 5-10 with 210. Will stay here a couple months than bump it up to 285-pounds (13.5 db bar, 6 x 45 pound plates and two light collars).

Messing about inbetween cutting lawn and doing garden,loaded dumbbell up to 250lbs and did a few rows.

Havn't used the thick handle for rows in a while but remembered a promised a vid.

Sorry for the sloppy form but i didn't warm up,just sneaked in whilst the long haired general was cooking supper !!

Heres the link http://www.youtube.com/user/SlayerMetallica1

That is absolutely insane!!! Both the rowing strength AND the grip strength are unbelievable!!!

I have a question though: can you lift more weight if you do them the traditional way most people use? That is, with the knee and hand of the opposite side on a bench? Like this: http://www.criticalbench.com/images/dumbbell-row1.jpg (yes that's the best pic I could quickly find, lol).

Messing about inbetween cutting lawn and doing garden,loaded dumbbell up to 250lbs and did a few rows.

Havn't used the thick handle for rows in a while but remembered a promised a vid.

Sorry for the sloppy form but i didn't warm up,just sneaked in whilst the long haired general was cooking supper !!

Crazy strong, Chris :mosher

Yes Arturo if i use the bench i do find it easier , i chucked these rows in quick just because i promised and forgot!!

Thankyou for thecompliments !

I'll keep trying and filming !!!

Nice! :mosher

Hey Arturo, nice picture of you too! Is that a Westside ME day? ;)

Wow, several reps!! That's one strong dude!

Yes, a strong dude. The funny thing is, he has no clue what grip training is :help

Simply staggering and impressive on so many levels. The grip holding strength to do that is off-the-charts.

Today, my straps broke on the 5th with 210 - was going for 12-15. I tried it (normal bar) without straps and got one rep but could not duplicate.

Anyone know where quality straps can be purchased?

Simply staggering and impressive on so many levels. The grip holding strength to do that is off-the-charts.

Today, my straps broke on the 5th with 210 - was going for 12-15. I tried it (normal bar) without straps and got one rep but could not duplicate.

Anyone know where quality straps can be purchased?

ATP

• 5 months later...

One Armed Row: 105 x 15, 155 x 8, 215 x 6, 305 x 3, 305 x 4

Hammer Strength Incline Row*: 135 x 25, 225 x 15, 315 x 6, (315 x 25, 225 x 15, 135 x 25) (circuit training/cool down)

*Denotes not actual weight, just plates added with est of 45 for machine, recorded for simplicity.

Used to do circuit training giant sets of pull-ups, pushups, pulldowns and cable rows after the heavy one armed rows but elbows were getting sore so switched to the Hammer Strength stuff.

Going to try to get 305 for 5-7 in as close to Kroc form as possible and get uploaded (not sure of time frame).

That is some sick rowing, G-man. One question, although I think the answer, but.... you're using straps, right?

That is some sick rowing, G-man. One question, although I think the answer, but.... you're using straps, right?

Hell, yeah. That's the key: wrap the weights and straps real tight. My hand holding strength is terrible.

Edited by G-Man

We also see him breaking straps and such. Not knocking his strength.

I weigh 165 and do 3 sets of 10 with 100 lb dumbbells. I could do more but grip starts to become a limiting factor. Past around 120 it starts to get hard to hold on to, especially because of the no chalk rule. I read somewhere of Voevoda doing dumbbell rows with 400 lbs but I don't know how true that is.

I also read somewhere about Voevoda doing 400 lb rows and I always wondered if that was true. After seeing some of his other strength feats I wouldn't put it past him.

We also see him breaking straps and such. Not knocking his strength.

Voevoda is a freak - I would not doubt he could row 400.

Straps are weird. A lot depends on the bar. I tore straps on a 210 yet they are fine with 305 because the surface on the 305 is rubbery and less abrasive than the 210.

From Today:

One Armed Row 105 x 15, 155 x 8, 215 x 6, 305 x 6R, 305 x 3R, 305 x 3R, 215 x 20R/8L, etc. (can't remember rest)

Circuit Training:

Wide Front Pulldown

Back Support T-Bar Row

Five sets each, non-stop, going back and forth, sets of 6-10 with 120-160 for pulldowns and 45-90 for T-Bar Row

The 215 x 20 felt decent in terms of form and ROM. The 300+ were kind of ugly though. There's no way I am touching Kroc any time soon on the 300+, but if I could YouTube 215 in the 30-ish range, it would be decent.

Edited by G-Man