Capitol Grip Cup

Guest Bullitt

That's worth the price of the flight in itself!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shoggoth

• rico300zx

• The Chuck

• barbe705

Guest Bullitt

We would love to have you Tommy. Jason, I am worth the price of the flight. Don't ever forget it. :tongue

I will post in the other thread too, but in order to move things along, the axle event will now be 300# for reps instead of max weight. I will figure out what the women's weight will be and announce that ASAP.

Edited by Bullitt

Mike, does the balance gym have parking for us? On the satalite it looks like there is none?

Rico

Edit: will the 300# DO deads be timed or just reps with no time? Also is hitching allowed, I need to know for practicing. Thanks

Edited by rico300zx

Mike

on the DO axil for 300# @ 60 sec, are the weights locked solid onto the bar with spin type collars or will they be allowed to spin around like if you were using pony clamps???

thanks

rico

Guest Bullitt

Mike

on the DO axil for 300# @ 60 sec, are the weights locked solid onto the bar with spin type collars or will they be allowed to spin around like if you were using pony clamps???

thanks

rico

I will be a standard 2" axle. We will use regular collars. And you have to clean the weight and press it Parris. The rest of us just have to deadlift it and control it on the way down. :laugh

U wish, I'm gonna fudge this contest so bad, I've turned into a power walker after 5 10 hr days at disney.

Hey has any one tried to 60sec yet? I only got 5 first time I tried tonight?

Rico

Guest Bullitt

U wish, I'm gonna fudge this contest so bad, I've turned into a power walker after 5 10 hr days at disney.

Hey has any one tried to 60sec yet? I only got 5 first time I tried tonight?

Rico

I tried a few months ago and got 4 I think. I don't plan on trying it again until the comp though. Last time I touched my axle, my elbow was messed up for 2 months. :angry: I probably won't train any grip until a week before the MGC, if then. I may just hit these two contests with no grip training at all. The last thing I want to do is reinjure this thing and not be able to play.

You'll be fine Rico. Seriously, stop worrying bro. You are a strong guy and I think you will definitely be one of the people to beat. It's all for fun anyway. Just relax and enjoy.

Parris - relax - be sure to make your openers - then go from there. Make a plan and stick with it based on your training and how you feel that day on each left. You'll be fine!

• 1 month later...

Mike,

Could you post the full results for the CGC with what everyone did when you get a chance?

Thanks Parris

http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/tt299/ccarns13/CGC%202010/?albumview=slideshow

If anyone wants to use the pics for anything, please let me know and please give my wife, Michelle Carns, a credit if you do.

http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/tt299/ccarns13/CGC%202010/?albumview=slideshow

If anyone wants to use the pics for anything, please let me know and please give my wife, Michelle Carns, a credit if you do.

I'll be having the 2hp printed and hang it up in the basement. it's my current contest PR. and the dry erase board is genius.

Michelle's idea, you never know what the hell weight is on there in the pic. And counting plates from a possibly blurry pic sucks. Also helps if the pics get out of order for some reason.

Excellent pics as usual, Michelle. :) What a great venue! Congrats again to all!

Michelle's idea, you never know what the hell weight is on there in the pic. And counting plates from a possibly blurry pic sucks. Also helps if the pics get out of order for some reason.

Yes great idea, nice pics, some made me laugh too.

Rico

Great pictures and thanks to Michelle for taking and uploading them. I'll get something done with the video early next week.

Guest Bullitt

Final Results in each event:

Grippers (lot's of people got 154.1. Brent forgot his grippers which covered the gap to 169.2.):

Tommy: 184.9

Brent: 170.3

Bobby: 154.1

Parris: 154.1

Mikey: 154.1

Jason: 149.6

Chuck: 149.6

Mike K: 134.7

Melissa: 84.35

Mary Ann: 81.1

2HP:

Parris: 223.67

Tommy: 215.67

Brent: 210.97

Mikey: 185.37

Chuck: 175.57

Mike K: 165.57

Bobby: 165.57

Jason: 163.2

Melissa: 105.64

Mary Ann: 105.64

300# DO axle deadlift for reps in 1 minute (women did 150# on slightly thinner axle):

Brent: 14

Parris: 11

Mikey: 10

Tommy: 9

Bobby: 9

Mike K: 5

Jason: 4

Chuck: 2

Mary Ann: 16

Melissa: 11

1" V-bar:

Tommy: 302

Mikey: 302

Parris: 282

Jason: 272

Chuck:272

Mike K: 242

Bobby: 222

Brent: 0

Mary Ann: 202!!!!!!!!!

Melissa: 147

Sledge:

Mike K: 26.2

Parris: 26.2

Tommy: 22.6

Brent: 19.6

Jason: 18.4

Mikey: 17.7

Chuck: 15.1

Bobby: 0

Mary Ann: 11

Melissa: 5.9

Great results! 202 from Mary Ann is astounding since the humidity kept everyone down about 50lbs! Someone get that lady a seasoned vbar stat!

Really enjoying the pictures too! The dry erase board idea is genius too. I think it's a bigger impetus to lift that weight too knowing that whoever's looking at the pictures will know what you failed to lift.

You guys dont tell Michelle, but Im giving her a new lense and addon flash for her camera for our anniversary in a month. It'll be a superfast action type lense thatll hopefully allow her to take action shots better and not have the pics be all grainy from upping the ISO too much.

I def left some on the bar with pinch and Vbar, my pinch training had been so awful leading up to the event I started way low, prob coulda pulled another 5 or 10lbs. Vbar, I would have easily pulled 282 on my last attempt, but 272 felt so good I decided to fail at 302 instead :upsidedwn

Great job by all the competitors ! Congrats to Paris for the win. Nice numbers, exp. the axle, 300 is pretty

heavy for reps geez ! buttrock.gif I'd be lucky to get one !

Great job by all the competitors ! Congrats to Paris for the win. Nice numbers, exp. the axle, 300 is pretty

heavy for reps geez ! buttrock.gif I'd be lucky to get one !

Thanks Casey

2of my axil lifts didn't count, so I could have done better there had I pulled the bar up higher.

Rico

Guest Bullitt

You guys dont tell Michelle, but Im giving her a new lense and addon flash for her camera for our anniversary in a month. It'll be a superfast action type lense thatll hopefully allow her to take action shots better and not have the pics be all grainy from upping the ISO too much.

I def left some on the bar with pinch and Vbar, my pinch training had been so awful leading up to the event I started way low, prob coulda pulled another 5 or 10lbs. Vbar, I would have easily pulled 282 on my last attempt, but 272 felt so good I decided to fail at 302 instead :upsidedwn

Same with pinch for me. 185 was fine, but I knew I needed 202+ to stay on the top 50 list and, while I got some air, it was a bit much considering no pinch training for 4 months. Wouldn't have made any difference in final standings anyway.

Great results! 202 from Mary Ann is astounding since the humidity kept everyone down about 50lbs! Someone get that lady a seasoned vbar stat!

She got air with 225 Ben!!!!

Mary Ann was on my ass to order a 1" this last weekend. I told her she could just work on the 2" because I want to see 1" die.

also, she hasn't really been able to train grip much for the past couple of months. she's getting ready for a 50k trail race in june.

Some great numbers - congrats to all competitors.

Fantastic pics as well – good lighting sure makes a difference :yikes

That erase board IS A BRILLIANT IDEA - this should be a standard for all future comps. I'll definitely use one the next time I organise a comp.