Capitol Grip Cup

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Bobby Goodfellow and I are planning on putting on a grip contest in the Washington, D.C. area this Spring. The plan is to have it around late April. No idea if we will have divisions or not until we see how many people may attend. There might even be a womens' division if we got at least 3 of the ladies to sign up. 3 people have already said they would come if possible.

Entry fee would be minimal. Events haven't been decided yet, but we are probably looking at 5 of the following:

Grippers

2HP

axle DO deadlift

1" vbar

weaver stick or sledge lever of some sort

medley

Please let me know if you would be interested in participating as we are trying to gauge how many people might attend.

Thanks!!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shoggoth

• rico300zx

• The Chuck

• barbe705

Friggin A I'll come to an event 30min from my house! Lemme know if I can help in any way...equipment or time.

Guest Bullitt

Friggin A I'll come to an event 30min from my house! Lemme know if I can help in any way...equipment or time.

Great deal Chuck. I definitely see "The Thing" and some of your blobs in the medley. :mosher

Your welcome to any of it...don't forget that there are TWO "The Things" :yikes

Guest Bullitt

For those wondering what driving distances are to DC:

Columbus, OH: 7:00 (Crooksville: 6:30) ;)

Ann Arbor, MI: 8:45

Pittsburgh, PA: 4:20

Philadelphia, PA: 2:45

Richmond, VA: 2:00

Ny, NY: 4:10

Rochester, NY: 7:00

Wyalusing, PA (Center of East Coast Grip universe): 5:10

Guest Bullitt

Count me in!

Edmonton, AB: 1 Day, 14 Hours mosher.gif

Nice!

Well, if we are going international, I guess I should put the following roundtrip airfares up :laugh :

UK: $651

Greece: $1,041

Sweden: $727

Finland: $797

Germany: $783

Portugal: $864

And remember guys, the US dollar is worth almost nothing at this point, so this is like paying 50 Euros or something to fly roundtrip. ;):laugh

I'll look into it. All depends on my work schedule.

You said this 'Spring' not 'Sunday', right? I can do Sunday... :)

Sound like a good comp, Mike!

This is going to be good.

Tell your wives and/or girlfriends I am available for free DC tours after the contest (included in the contest fee). It could sweeten the deal. :whistel

Guest Bullitt

Mr. Barbe tells me he's in and his wife Marry Ann may participate too, depending on her race schedule. So if we get one more of the female persuasion, we have a womens' division.

The missus has closed a #1 and may be persuaded to keep it up. She plans on coming out with me anyways. I'll see what I can do. She's got 2 edges 1: she works ambulance packing our obese around on stretchers and 2: she's a Finlander.

Guest Bullitt

The missus has closed a #1 and may be persuaded to keep it up. She plans on coming out with me anyways. I'll see what I can do. She's got 2 edges 1: she works ambulance packing our obese around on stretchers and 2: she's a Finlander.

Nice! She sounds like a natural!

Also, we have two sponsors already: FBBC & The Diesel Crew

Thanks guys!!! Very much appreciated. This is why we need to support our sponsors, because they support us!!!! Pay it back guys!!!

Looking into getting an official FBBC V-bar today. Officially supporting a sponsor and sponsored equipment for the event.

Count me in. Hopefully you decide on the sledge ove weaver stick because my other events still stink. And i guess i need to save up for a 1" V-bar, any chance for a 2" V-bar? Just curious, before i spend the money on yet another grip item

Hopefully this gets a big turn out, i think there are alot of guys close enough to the DC area.

Guest Bullitt

Count me in. Hopefully you decide on the sledge ove weaver stick because my other events still stink. And i guess i need to save up for a 1" V-bar, any chance for a 2" V-bar? Just curious, before i spend the money on yet another grip item

Hopefully this gets a big turn out, i think there are alot of guys close enough to the DC area.

Sweet! :mosher

No final decisions on events yet. 1" vbar is my favorite lift, so you can be sure that it will be included either as an event or part of the medley. Neither one of us have a 2" vbar. If somebody brings one, it would be in the medley.

With your wrist strength Mike, you would be one of the favorites on sledge or weaver to the rear. :mosher Also, there will most likely be a bend or 2 in the medley, which I'm sure makes you very happy!!! :D

If you want, we can try to coordinate the dates of our contests so people can hit both if they want. I am waiting until my vacation calender at work comes out, probably another week or so, till I set a date. Should be April/May.

Guest Bullitt

If you want, we can try to coordinate the dates of our contests so people can hit both if they want. I am waiting until my vacation calender at work comes out, probably another week or so, till I set a date. Should be April/May.

That sounds good Bob. I definitely want to come up for yours, so let us know the date and we will try to schedule around it. We are trying to get this off the ground, but don't want to compete with any other established shows. If we can get the spacing right, then people can hit both contests if they want with one training peak.

Thanks for the heads-up, Bob. I agree with Mike, let's coordinate the contest dates to maximize our turn-out. As soon as you get your vaca schedule, let us know and we'll work out the dates. We need to nail down a hard date to give our sponsors and the host facility.

The more notice the better for me as well as I'll need to book my time off quite a ways in advance.

I am thinking 2 weeks at the most till I get my vacation schedule. If it were up to me, I would have the date set in stone by October, but with little kids and odd job hours I bust my nuts for childcare arrangements. Anyways, already PM'd Mike and we'll work it out the best we can. Otherwise, we'll just have 2 options for people who live nearby! I appreciate both you guys for working with me to help make this better for everyone.

Guest Bullitt

I am thinking 2 weeks at the most till I get my vacation schedule. If it were up to me, I would have the date set in stone by October, but with little kids and odd job hours I bust my nuts for childcare arrangements. Anyways, already PM'd Mike and we'll work it out the best we can. Otherwise, we'll just have 2 options for people who live nearby! I appreciate both you guys for working with me to help make this better for everyone.

No problem Bob. See you Saturday bro!

No worries, Bob. We'll work it all out.