Capitol Grip Cup

Guest Bullitt

Get hot, G. You're big money...right behind me. HAHA!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shoggoth

• rico300zx

• The Chuck

• barbe705

It looks like April 24th for me. I'll have a full announcement the week after gripmas.

Thanks, Bob! We'll push out specifics shortly after your announcement.

Mike -

Let me know as soon as you guys come up with a set date. I'm interested in attending if I can coordinate with my work schedule. :mosher

Guest Bullitt

Date will be announced by tomorrow guys. Here are the events:

Grippers: MMS

2HP: Standard Euro setup, rising bar

DO Axle Deads: Max weight, rising bar

1" FBBC vbar: Max weight to 2" height, rising bar

Sledge Lever: Climber setup (version 2 if ready), rising bar

Evil Medley: Definitely will be some sledge DLs in this.

Special invite to Rex, Mike K, and Bob Lipinski. With Goody there, we could have a wrist strength battle royale (with cheese). ;)

So far we have FBBC and The Diesel Crew sponsoring.

Oh, and Ben & Josh... the 1" vbar event wouldn't be the same without you guys. :laugh

Appreciate it Mike! If my finances take a turn for the better next year you'll see me out there. Glad to see 1" vbar returning to a grip contest. You'll be near 400lbs by then. Train hard and take that top spot man! :mosherIt would be Vbar-halla. :laugh

Oh boy, I wish I could make it. My work schedule is totally retarded. I have to skip sleeping a few days just to get my schedule back on track after this meet.

Guest Bullitt

Oh boy, I wish I could make it. My work schedule is totally retarded. I have to skip sleeping a few days just to get my schedule back on track after this meet.

Totally understand Bob. Looks like we will be using Chris' setup for both contests, so the numbers will be easy to compare. :)

Any idea on a date for this yet?

Guest Bullitt

Waiting for confirmation from the gym. May be a few days before we get that because Goody is about to have a baby any minute. We are shooting for the 8th of May.

Works for me...not much will keep me from being there no matter what day it is!

I think I might take a full 2 weeks out there. Do some sightseeing. Got to find out if the Smithsonian's close.

Guest Bullitt

I think I might take a full 2 weeks out there. Do some sightseeing. Got to find out if the Smithsonian's close.

It's right at the mall in downtown DC buddy. You will love it! Plus, you will only be a 2 hour train ride from Philly if you want to hit the sites there. Then only another 2 to New York. If you let me win, I will even serve as a tour guide. :laugh

By the way, Weldon has graciously agreed to sponsor as well, so that brings the list of sponsors to:

FBBC

Diesel Crew

Death Grip

Remember our sponsors when you need equipment guys!!!

Edited by Bullitt

Deal. I think you've got a lot more to worry competition wise from some of your regulars. I'll try and keep the bottom not to far out of whack though.

I am definitely going to try to make this one. Not too far from where I live(by plane at leastsmile.gif ). I suck at all the events(maybe some braced bendingwink.gif ) but my main reason to attend is to meet all of you guysbiggrin.gif

Guest Bullitt

I am definitely going to try to make this one. Not too far from where I live(by plane at leastsmile.gif ). I suck at all the events(maybe some braced bendingwink.gif ) but my main reason to attend is to meet all of you guysbiggrin.gif

That is awesome Carl! Can't wait to meet you bro and so happy you stuck with everything. You have been making some really good progress on the pinch feats and I promised Mike we would have at least one reverse bend in the medley. :D I liked the brace bend at Gripmas. Definitely a thought. Anything we would have that humans like us could do will be a paper clip for you though. :laugh

Hopefully reverse as that and DU are the only styles I can do. Hopefully I'll be able to reverse a red by then.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullitt

The date has been finalized.

Capitol Grip Cup

Saturday, May 8th, 2010

9:00 AM registration start. 10:00 AM contest start.

Balance Gym

@ Thomas Circle

1111 14th Street, NW

Washington, DC 20005

2700 square foot gym with staff to help us run the events!

Sponsors (so far):

Fat Bastard Barbell Company

Diesel Crew

Death Grip

Events:

Grippers (MMS)

2HP - (Euro)

DO axle deadlift for max weight (2" Apollon Axle for da boys, and 1 5/8" for da girls - like Gripmas)

1" vbar

Sledge lever (using Chris' setup version 2)

Medley from Hell

- All events will be rising bar except grippers.

- There will be a mens' and womens' division (there may be more if we get a ton of people)

- Because we have a lot of help and a large facility, some events may run concurrently to save time. For instance, the men and women can be doing axle at the same time because they use two different bars.

- Depending on the number of sponsors we get, the entry fee may come down (if this happens after you send in your entry fee, we will refund the difference). Right now it is $40 if you send it before April 15. $50 after April 15th.

You can send a check to:

Mike Rinderle

1444 Vineyard Ct.

Crofton, MD 21114

Please also specify what size t-shirt you would like.

Who's in?

Mike, You know me and Michelle are in!

Looks like I'll be travelling by myself for this one. Will you guys be putting up any info in regards to hotels, airport, etc.?

Thanks

Guest Bullitt

Looks like I'll be travelling by myself for this one. Will you guys be putting up any info in regards to hotels, airport, etc.?

Thanks

Yea, we'll have everything up by next week. Bummer you will be on your own big guy.

Seems no-one else wants to spend 2 days at the Smithsonian or checking out all of the Washington stuff.

I'm in :D I like the events, well the sledge event. And maybe, just maybe i can beat someone in one otf the other events.

Is the DO DL with one hand or 2?

And i'll take the XXL, i should be able to fit into that size by the comp