Capitol Grip Cup

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

I'm in :D I like the events, well the sledge event. And maybe, just maybe i can beat someone in one otf the other events.

Is the DO DL with one hand or 2?

And i'll take the XXL, i should be able to fit into that size by the comp

HAHA - Awesome Mike!

Double overhand axle deadlift. Both hands, with a DO grip pulled to lockout and lowered under control.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shoggoth

• rico300zx

• The Chuck

• barbe705

I'm in biggrin.gif I like the events, well the sledge event. And maybe, just maybe i can beat someone in one otf the other events.

Is the DO DL with one hand or 2?

And i'll take the XXL, i should be able to fit into that size by the comp

You can beat me in every event Mike so no worries! laugh.gif

Guest Bullitt

We may have to change the date from May 8th to May 15th. Mike Krahling pointed out that May 8th is Mother's Day. Seeing as how this is Goody's first Mother's Day with his wife and new baby, we may be moving this out one week. Stay tuned and i will let you know ASAP.

Edit: May 8th is not Mother's Day. Sunday, May 9th is. Don't book any flights just yet, but i think we will be OK.

Edited by Bullitt

• 1 month later...

Do you have a list of people that are coming to this? Send me a PM with your address so i can send in my money

Guest Bullitt

Do you have a list of people that are coming to this? Send me a PM with your address so i can send in my money

I will post up an entry form and details in a new thread this weekend Mike. Have had so much going on I have been remiss on this. Sorry everyone.

Mike - i thought I told you I would give something small as a prize - but if I forgot - please put me down as a sponsor as well.

Guest Bullitt

Mike - i thought I told you I would give something small as a prize - but if I forgot - please put me down as a sponsor as well.

You did Chris and I just haven't updated anything with all the crap going on. I will have everything set up tomorrow. Thanks so much for everything. I also have a couple grippers i need to send to you for calibration. I'll PM you later this week.

Sponsors (so far):

Fat Bastard Barbell Company

Diesel Crew

Death Grip

Chris Rice

Edited by Bullitt

Tonights training

Squats

2HP

Medley training

And played with a small sledge earlier today

Now back to school work!

Rico

Mike, what will be the order of events?

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Mike, what will be the order of events?

Rico

Grippers (MMS)

2HP - (Euro)

DO axle deadlift for max weight (2" Apollon Axle for da boys, and 1 5/8" for da girls - like Gripmas)

Naked high jump

1" vbar

Sledge lever (using Chris' setup version 2)

Medley from Hell

Naked!

As long as the ladies are first!

Rico

Are you going to do different widths on the euro?

Mike, will you be using Athletic tape on the sledge handle?

rico

also does anyone know the different combinations of widths for the euro cause i have no idea, so far i only tried 48mm? or just one like Jason asked for the comp?

Guest Bullitt

Because we are having 6 events, we will be probably limit the 2HP to 48mm and 54mm. These are the two most popular widths, but if this is a major problem, we can add one more width. I just don't want to get into 6 different widths. It really slows things down. Any suggestions on widths for the ladies??? I thought 48 and 42.

We will be using athletic tape on the sledge except for you Rico. Bare, with Vaseline all over it. :tongue

Edited by Bullitt

Because we are having 6 events, we will be probably limit the 2HP to 48mm and 54mm. These are the two most popular widths, but if this is a major problem, we can add one more width. I just don't want to get into 6 different widths. It really slows things down. Any suggestions on widths for the ladies??? I thought 48 and 42.

We will be using athletic tape on the sledge except for you Rico. Bare, with Vaseline all over it. tongue.gif

I played around with that once and ended up doing just as well on Eric's usual set-up (54"?) as with a narrower one. Hands are about 7".

We will be using athletic tape on the sledge except for you Rico. Bare, with Vaseline all over it. tongue.gif

I played around with that once and ended up doing just as well on Eric's usual set-up (54"?) as with a narrower one. Hands are about 7".

I know a lot people use 44mils. I don't think that anyone really uses 54 except chad and nick.

We will be using athletic tape on the sledge except for you Rico. Bare, with Vaseline all over it. :tongue

That's cool, I'm gonna put it on your feet for the naked high jump!

Guest Bullitt

I know a lot people use 44mils. I don't think that anyone really uses 54 except chad and nick.

I butchered that. Meant 52 & 44.

That's cool, I'm gonna put it on your feet for the naked high jump!

You're going to rub vasaline on Mike's feet...............creepy stuff Rico Haha!

I`d like wider than 52 if possible, I lifted at the same width as Chad and Nick at Gripmas. It felt perfect to me, but I train with two plates that equal 60mm :)

I butchered that. Meant 52 & 44.

Eric's may be 52 - don't remember exactly. I'd think either 52 or 44 would be fine for the women.

[Oh, and of course mm not inches - ha, my bad. smile.gif]

Tonights CGC training:

Treadmill for warm up

Bench 5x5

Towel pullups

The THING trainer

Sledge finger walking

Rear sledge levers

2 eggs hot sauce and a chicken sand, milk & creatine, and vitamins after workout.

Rico

tonights training

eliptical for warm up

DO thickbar deads and holds

DO deadlift 5x5 mixed grip

1" vbar help.gif

sledge lever and holds by my nose

Mike is the axil Knurled where you grabit ????

You saying I've got a chance not to come in last with the v-bar Rico?

The axle should be smooth and whats DO deadlift 5x5 mixed grip?