400x20 Squat - Who Wants To Race To It?

CoC#3

Nice sets Rex, what did your warm up consist of?

Rico

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• The Natural

• bcpower66

• rico300zx

Thanks. Warm up is always about the same.

2-3 min of exercise bike (sometimes don't do this, sometimes do)

135 for 5 or so.

225 for 3

315 for 3

405 for 2

work sets. If I'm working up to a heavy single, I'll also do

495x1

(sometimes will do that weight again for a single)

585x1

big single

-Rex

Great stuff Rex.

Today i did, after my usual warmups, 1x5 with 485. No belt or wraps.

Sick.

This is amazing though, no wraps, belt , nothing!!!

Some serious squatting there!

Have you ever heard of anyone doing any more than that for 20 completely raw Chris?!

3x5, 515.

-Rex

That's some strong squatting Rex. :bow

Thanks for that. The last set was a fight. Threw up afterwards as usual.

-Rex

Sick.

Hey, thanks. :) That's me in the video.

I wish I had time to keep training high reps right now, but I need to focus on preparing for an upcoming powerlifting meet. Some time next year I want to take a stab at beating Platz's 500x23, except I won't wear a belt.

For those who are puking and getting sick from the cardio work: keep at it! When I first started doing 20 reppers, I was rolling around on the floor in agony for 30 or more minutes afterwards. But now, I can walk around and carry on a conversation immediately after racking the weight. Cardio is no longer the limiting factor; it's strength.

If anybody gets close to doing 462x20, let me know. I'd love to have some competition. :)

Sick.

I wish I had time to keep training high reps right now, but I need to focus on preparing for an upcoming powerlifting meet. Some time next year I want to take a stab at beating Platz's 500x23, except I won't wear a belt.

For those who are puking and getting sick from the cardio work: keep at it! When I first started doing 20 reppers, I was rolling around on the floor in agony for 30 or more minutes afterwards. But now, I can walk around and carry on a conversation immediately after racking the weight. Cardio is no longer the limiting factor; it's strength.

If anybody gets close to doing 462x20, let me know. I'd love to have some competition. :)

I'd give you some competition at the Raw Unity meet, but I will be lifting as a 308. Great squatting.

-Rex

Sick.

Yes, that was off the charts! :bow

Sick.

Built to squat there buddy - 'bout at good as it gets there. Good luck on Platz's record, you're almost there

The question is this. Can Andy squat like that because of those thighs - or does Andy have thighs like that because of the squats? :blush:mosher :mosher :mosher Some incredible work capacity there - good luck on beating Platz - I think you can do it!

The question is this. Can Andy squat like that because of those thighs - or does Andy have thighs like that because of the squats? :blush:mosher :mosher :mosher Some incredible work capacity there - good luck on beating Platz - I think you can do it!

I asked my wife what she thought about that question. I didn't start lifting weights until we were married for a year. She said she didn't remember seeing any muscle on my legs before I began training... or any muscle any where else on my body either for that matter. :) I seem to remember thinking in 8th grade that I had a little more quad than other students in gym class, though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sick.

Hey, thanks. smile.gif That's me in the video.

If anybody gets close to doing 462x20, let me know. I'd love to have some competition. smile.gif

absolutely insane strength!

Last week i did 505x3 no belt , no wraps. I'm not squatting quite as often anymore as deadlifts are now back in my routine, but the numbers are still going up nicely.

• 3 weeks later...

MAN!! i tried this 20 rep squat thing today..it's no joke! I did 20 box squats with 315 and i was pretty winded after that. I think i'm going to do this every Friday from now on increasing the poundage every time. Man it hurts, great stuff! :mosher

• 2 weeks later...

Sick.

Wow. Now THAT is some squattin'. I got revved up and did 3 sets of 20 with half that weight and I'm staggering around like a drunk.

Brent.

Hit 550 raw in a gym meet last week. Missed 561 on depth in a local gym meet a week later, which is rare for me. Also recently hit 600 in knee wraps. Back on to the rep work now though, i've done enough singles the pastmonth to give an elephant tendonitis.

Plenty of power there Sam, wise decision to back of the singles for a bit. We all get obsessed with going heavy when everything is healthy and working well, but the smart thing is to stick to proper cycling to avoid injury and actually make better gains.

Brent.