400x20 Squat - Who Wants To Race To It?

CoC#3

So far our gripboard races have been fairly successful. We've had Hammy bench 400 and both myself and Manthos stick 350 overhead within a few weeks of starting the push press race.

Anyone is interested in a race to 400x20? The only rules are no suits or breifs and that all squats must be below parallel. I am open to discussion on whether knee wraps should be allowed or not, as i don't mind either way.

I think with WSM coming up now is a good time to start this thread, in honor of Jesse Marunde's famous 407x20 after an oly lifting workout.

Let's get squatting.

Sam

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• The Natural

• bcpower66

• rico300zx

With a belt, I should be able to do it right now. Without a belt, I'm not close though. If you're wanting to do it in honor of Marunde, I'd go no belt like he did.

-Rex

I'd be into it with light knee wraps, I did 415 x 15 yesterday. I'm older & like the extra support after 10-12 reps.

Ok, let's allow knee wraps but as Rex suggested, in honor of Marunde, the eventual goal is to do it without wraps and a belt. I suspect i'm close to doing it with wraps as i have done 396x17 with loose knee wraps. 396 because that's what 4 english 44lb wheels a side come to. ;)

John 415x15 is sick ! Great stuff let's get into this.

We could make 3 'classes' for 400x20:

Class III: 400x20 in wraps and a belt

Class II: 400x20 in belt

Class I: 400x20 without a belt or wraps

Edited by CoC#3

I would like to follow you Sam on this one but I have to Squat decently since March and I don't know

what I can handle this period.

I strongly believe that you can do it my friend!

With a belt, I should be able to do it right now. Without a belt, I'm not close though. If you're wanting to do it in honor of Marunde, I'd go no belt like he did.

-Rex

Rex your Squating power is huge...! You should defenately give it a try along with Sam and John.

I don't know anyone who can front squat 400x20?! That would be sick. The main problem would be the bar slipping down after each rep. It is hard to get air in aswell with a bar on your chest. I am not even sure i could front squat 300x20, and i have done a 484 front squat.

The most I've ever front squatted was 425, and a 405 triple. 20, no thanks.

Is there any documented evidence of anyone ever front squatting 400x20? I think it would be way more impressive than a 500x20 back squat.

As a Junior (back when dinosoars roamed the earth) I competed at a reasonable level at olympic lifting, We did an awful lot of front squating back then so I'm guessing there are some olympic lifters who could probably do this without to much problem, As for me now not a chance, I would be happy with one lol.

400 for 20, I have some worked to do for a skinny kid like me, but what the hell. All I have to lose is my weakness...:D

We should all chip in and buy a gripper for the first person to vomit on video.

-Rex

I'm going to need a forklift to get me out of the bottom.

We should all chip in and buy a gripper for the first person to vomit on video.

-Rex

I'm going to need a forklift to get me out of the bottom.

Why do I have the feeling that Andrew's going to post a video of him doing 15 or so piston reps? :cry

-Rex

A FBBC P2 to the first puke on video, my treat.

thanks Frank!

- 180kgx13 i start squatting 40 secs in. Cardio let me down again. This is a PR for no belt or wraps though, all i am using is neoprene sleeves. Edited by CoC#3

Guest Bullitt

thanks Frank!

- 180kgx13 i start squatting 40 secs in. Cardio let me down again. This is a PR for no belt or wraps though, all i am using is neoprene sleeves.

Strong stuff bro!

Cheers Mike! I think i will get 400x20 this year, without wraps and belt.

Guest Bullitt

Cheers Mike! I think i will get 400x20 this year, without wraps and belt.

No doubt mate! I think you might be able to get it now with a little cardio work. :laugh

My lungs give out long before my strength on my kettlebell swings and high rep squats. Awesome strength. You went deep on every rep too!

Strong stuff. You had more in you. Don't let your mind get in your way. I hope someone was there with you.

Plenty strong - just do more conditioning (heavy conditioning) and it's yours!