• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gazza

• jpmmkrahling

• Darko

• gumpster

I just saw your last Video and I just want to say, God Bless you Gary :)

I can honestly say that watching your old videos was one of the reasons I started bending in the first place.

And I think that if you enjoy bending you should do it for yourself. Don't worry about positive or negative comments and bend for the sheer satisfaction of bending something that shouldn't be bent. :rock

You're a great man Gazza, we are all very grateful for your help, support and amazing bends!!

Keep it up!

Thats right you are the real deal

Gazza, you've always been my HERO since I first learned of you

on the GB. I can't thank you enough for all the motivation and

inspiration you've given me mate.

Please don't give up something you LOVE! Bending without Gazza

would be like Arm Wrestling without Brzenk.

You're way ahead of your time bro. ;)

Your ALL TIME fan,

Mighty Joe

Cheers guys for all the support and kind words your all making me :blush

As you can tell im very focused and passionate about bending probably 2much sometimes and i from time to time loose that passion and focus[thats probably the human side of me comeing out :D ]

Its the same at my workplace im very passionate about my work and i relish the challenge of doing more than anyone else but im no bum licker i get pissed if im left nothing to do or its not been organised properly theres alot of jealous people in there who try and stick a spanner in the works so i cant do the above even some of my so called work buddies but im on to them fact is i had an interview today for a similar job more hours but more money maybe its time to jump ship and start afresh.

Maybe its time to start afresh with everything and go in another direction in about a months time i have a few quid coming enough to get me a decent 2nd hand mountain bike one that was topend 3-4yrs ago or a couple of sets of kettlebells or a shit load of steel and horseshoes etc.

I have to make a choice i used to be into competitive mountain biking and rode for a shop and 2 and from work and when not racing was out in the hills every weekend free and away from it all i can feel it calling me again 2 knackered knees wont help but part of me died when i had to sell my bike and give it up.

The Kettlebells ive always liked the KBS there just plain great for all types of training me and maxwell used to train alot with the kbs 2-3 times per week and i would also do stuff on the other days on my own i know the foundation i layed with the kbs helped me develope alot of bending strength me and maxwell and Doolash etc used to sometimes carry the kbs for 5miles incorporateing a few workouts along the way often in the woods or on the beach another part of my life i miss alot just getting out there in the fresh air with a few lads into the same and haveing fun whilst at the same time getting lots of fresh air and building alot of fitness and strength good times.

The bending side of me i started off on here like alot of you guys and from the start i was made welcome infact ive made friends from all over the world so thats something i will always carry with me.

Bending has to you all made me who i am but its also destroyed alot of me :( Its taken over me completely and during this roller coster journey ive accomplished alot of things but also broken alot of things.

I dont see any of the BIG Name benders on here anymore or some occassionally people like Pat,Big Steve,Greg and Dave,Clay,SM76[sean],Franky, Sean[burner]Even Mike,aaron,Ben and Eric etc hardly post anymore and i can probably say that all the bickering over standards wrap debates and Do folding etc has probably helped get rid of most of these men or has had a part in it and i have been a part of all that?

Its not just the bickering and argueing i feel that in my obsession to become the best and to continuely prove to myself that i am getting better and stronger ive chased alot of people away maybe some of the above certainly alot of the new as well some see my bends as un obtainable i set a high benchmark and come from the school of if its worth doinig do it well maybeez ive done it to well but all i can say to this is i once struggled on g5s in thick wraps but i never let that stop me from getting to were i am now in the 7 yrs ive been bending ive took my body and especially my mind to places i thought impossible ive broken bones and i ache continuesly but i love it :blink maybe its time to call it a day and try something completely different or even rekindle some of the other stuff i used to do im approaching 50 in a couple of yrs time yet dispite the 2 knackered knees and always aching hands and tendons etc i dont feel any where near 50 in my head i still feel alive and full of beans like a teenager on speed is it the bending thats makeing me feel like this or the passion for other stuff or a mix of both i need to have a think in the next few weeks to deside what im gonna do but rest assured that whatever it is i will givve it my all.

Thanks for listening....................................Gazza..............................

Whatever you choose, Your name will always echo through the halls of this bending world and beyond!

Enjoy it!

Edited by luuc

Agreed with luuc.

"One time, there was a bender called Gazza. He....."

Legendary.

As long as you are happy Gazza, that is all that counts. Do what you need to do for yourself and no one else. You have already left a very impressive list :bow of stuff that will always be remembered by the people that saw it. Good luck with any direction you go, and that you for inspiring me to keep getting better. :mosher

Excellent post Gary! Sounds like you miss the biking fiercely and I think you ought to go after it. That sure doesn't mean you can't walk right back into bending. I made a similar choice (moving away from bending at least) a few months ago and am glad I did. Do I miss bending? Yes, but not as much as I thought I would. I actually like not having my shoulders ache all the time. Which of course was my fault from lots of volume and not enough rest and recovery. I think a lot of the guys you mentioned have made similar lifestyle choices and have either quit bending completely or just moved on to other things. I've enjoyed grip training for 9 years now and would feel empty and lost without including at least some small aspect of it in my training. You're going to be the same way I think. I've done more grip training in the last few weeks than I have in the previous 6 months since I'm prepping for our Moberly grip contest in less than 3 weeks. I'm enjoying the training, but I'm also looking forward to getting the contest out of the way so I can stop spending so much of my free time on all this grip training - and get on with the all-around events training that I've set my focus on.

I bet the change of pace and focus will be good for you mentally (recover and refresh your batteries) as it has been for me. I spend a lot less time here on the board. I try not to let the petty arguments that used to draw me in get me so fired up now. Now I spend some of my free time learning about some of the other lifting sports (and training) and the majority of that time doing what I like to do even more than grip training...writing. I hope the possible layoff treats you well man. We've had our ups and downs and I know you're on the edge regarding whether to stay and up the bar or to bow out and pursue other things. It might be a case of waiting until some newcomer starts to get closer to your records and then getting back into it because there is a bonafide challenger to help motivate you to higher levels.

Reading the names of the guys who no longer post really made me wish they were back here again and actively posting. Some of those guys became friends and all of the names you listed pushed me in one way or another - some because I shamefully wanted to smash their records due to not liking them - and others because I wanted to vault myself up the bending list as a way of proving the value of their generous help along my path to higher strength.

Good luck brother. There's no doubt you'll return to great fanfare from your legion of fans - whether it's a few months or a few years. I think you ought to take some of the time away from here (if you choose that path) to write a bending E-book. Detail your training methods and your rise from average to super elite. Your training methods alone would be of great interest to any serious bending aficianado. You might argue that anyone wanting the information could simply research it here and elsewhere. But if you packaged the information in an easy-to-reference E-book setup (SmashWords would be great for this) it would reach many more people. There aren't many people truly willing to do as much research as they'd need to in order to pull together the vast amount of information about bending. I was one of those people who did spend an incredible amount of time compiling information and corresponding with the best of the best to help set me up for future success. But honestly, if all that information was available in E-book format at the time, it would've been well worth $25 (shit, even $100 for how much time I spent) to buy a ready-made source of information and save my time for training.

HUGE KOASB in leathers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlp6P1NHcdI

Tried this just to see were i was at with the DO Style i was a touch rustry and felt weak but not bad considering i aint done any DO style in months.

I would love to do that feeling at my best, let alone feeling weak. Very impressive

Insane amount of strength. That barehanded bend looked easy for you Gazza. Amazing.

seeing that makes me wanna bend like a maniac! . extremely inspiring Gary .. superstrong

You guys wanna try one of your pb bends in wet leathers no chalk no elastic bands makes you really have to crush through the wraps to stop the steel turning its another way to make training harder?

Gazza,

Hope you continue to bend steel and continue to improve sealing your place in history and putting the top bends so out of reach that they last for many tens or even hundreds of years. (they could well be that right now)

I'd also love to see you compete in grip, strongman, biking or anything else you fancied a crack at where I'm sure you would also excel.

My philosophy is that champions are champions and somebody who is the best in the world at one thing has probably 90% of the tools needed already to be the very best in the worldat at whatever they decide to apply themselves to, the other 10% is just learning new techniques etc.

I always find your bends motivational and more than once they have come at a time when everything in my training and sometimes outside my training has been going badly and been just what I needed to help me refocus and get myself back on track.

I am sure that I am not the only one that your video's have helped in far more than just bending steel.

Stew.

Im sitting here thinking, dammit !!! You toy with peices of steel that have kicked my ass for a year now. The bending in the rain is cool, I think it's supposed to rain here tomarrow. . . HMMMM. .. .

Gazza, I'm speechless. :blink

You have a PM my good friend. ;)

MJ

Another couple of amazing bends! :rock:bow That so-called HKOASB was a good bit more than the real thing...I saw 9.94mm on the calipers. I'm guessing that was some 10mm stock of yours and is likely much harder than a standard 3/8" or 9.525mm bar. Unreal bending on those wraps! :whacked

Video #1: unbelievable!, Video #2: absolutely crazy!, Video #3: I'm dumbfounded!, Vid .......... etc.. etc.. :rock