• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gazza

• Paul Knight

• yodajaeger

• bencrush

When I am psyched up I noticed no difference between leather and IM painwise. I've done a 6.5'' shiny in IM's and it wasn't too bad. Never tried any of the badass stuff with IM wraps though

Incredible :bow. Do you rate this as a better bend than the fantastic shiny in 5" leathers?

What do you think? I think that Fantastic will be the top bend for a long time to come. :unsure

sick, didnt you do a 5.5 koasb in imps or am i losing it?

I believe he did, I think I have the video somewhere...

EDIT: Yup, I have the vid :)

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

sick, didnt you do a 5.5 koasb in imps or am i losing it?

Yep but the 7inch stuff really agrivates my shoulders lately so i tend to stay away from it i just thought i would try it out again and see if i could still do it well outside the time limit and a wee bit painfull but not bad considering i did a grand and 2 mag shinys before it all in all a good days fun bending :D

5.5 and 6inch stuff even tho a higher poundage when calibrated is easier 4 me to start i waste alot of energy on the longer stuff getting it to 90degrees plus this bend was done with the IMPs loosely wrapped i cant remember if i did the 5.5inch one with chalk and bands and a tighter wrap no excuses really just have to work abit harder on my longger stuff again plus im carrying a little work injury around with me at the moment nothing major just a pulled muscle in the middle of my back which lets me know its there when i try to blast into the longer bars but tiss only pain i can deal with that.

The Fantastic in those leathers is my personal top bend everything came together Anger,Hate,Rage,Power,Strength everything :blush I might one day try for a Psycho Shiny in those pads will need alot of Rage tho and i will have to visit the field again :D

Those small leathers are more painfull than the Ironmind wraps as well.

I want to keep this thread going because love him or hate him Randy Strossen brought alot of people into bending with his Ironmind cert process i never got to try the original Ironmind wraps so i cant comment on those but i will say this bending in Ironmind wraps exclusively will i feel make you a better bender in the long run simply because you cannot push into a bar as much in the DO style because of the pain even useing Reverse or DU style will reduce your bending because of pain. Pain is a good thing it forces you to use better technique and more thumbs and fingers which will eventually make you a better bender.

I think Randy should now make the cert harder for those that want to cert instead of looking for ways to water down his cert lists he should now bring out a 3/8inch bar same as the RED only in 3/8inch flavor keep the wraps and time limit as is.

He could even be more brutal and have a special bending category useing only one Ironmind wrap like Adam recently demonstrated im all for making things harder not easier so long as its a level playing field.

I think altho a RED nail in ironmind wraps is still a great achievement i think the new standard to aim for should be a 3/8inch x 7inch CRS bar in Ironmind wraps or shorter if you have it in you my aim is a MAG Drillrod or ULTIMATELY a MAG KOASB in IMPS as well as a PSYCHO SHINY in IMPs or really short leathers looks like i ve got abit of work to do :blink

Last night tried a 1/4" 4.25 " G5 in IM wraps. Froze at about 90. The sweep is weird on the short stuff. In leathers I couldv crushed it down, but those IM wraps it hurt my dang palms too much, needed to get it just a little further. I have alot of respect for all you dudes bending badass stuff in those pads.

I want to keep this thread going because love him or hate him Randy Strossen brought alot of people into bending with his Ironmind cert process i never got to try the original Ironmind wraps so i cant comment on those but i will say this bending in Ironmind wraps exclusively will i feel make you a better bender in the long run simply because you cannot push into a bar as much in the DO style because of the pain even useing Reverse or DU style will reduce your bending because of pain. Pain is a good thing it forces you to use better technique and more thumbs and fingers which will eventually make you a better bender.

I think Randy should now make the cert harder for those that want to cert instead of looking for ways to water down his cert lists he should now bring out a 3/8inch bar same as the RED only in 3/8inch flavor keep the wraps and time limit as is.

He could even be more brutal and have a special bending category useing only one Ironmind wrap like Adam recently demonstrated im all for making things harder not easier so long as its a level playing field.

I think altho a RED nail in ironmind wraps is still a great achievement i think the new standard to aim for should be a 3/8inch x 7inch CRS bar in Ironmind wraps or shorter if you have it in you my aim is a MAG Drillrod or ULTIMATELY a MAG KOASB in IMPS as well as a PSYCHO SHINY in IMPs or really short leathers looks like i ve got abit of work to do :blink

:angry:

Edited by TKtheGreek

:upsidedwn I thought that was you to :laugh

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Teddy

Soz bro i got your bending in a single ironmind wrap mixed up with Adams tissue bending :blush my apogies both those types of bending are awesome i admire them both :bow

Teddy

Soz bro i got your bending in a single ironmind wrap mixed up with Adams tissue bending :blush my apogies both those types of bending are awesome i admire them both :bow

lol i was just kidding around