Calif. Contest

lone Wolf

Only a month away from the contest now just received the shirts & gripper

from FBBC . I also got the G5's from John for the medly they will 1/4"X6" (diamonds)

for the reverse bend. Here's my address to my house for the contest.

If anyone needs to get in touch with me PM me and I'll give you my Cell#

Robert Alva

6861 Del Rosa Drive

San Bernardino, CA., 92404

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lone Wolf

• Hubgeezer

• FatBoy

• bencrush

Robert, a question for you. Is it the Axle, Rolling Thunder, or both being contested? I think it is not the Axle, not the RT, correct?

Mike

Robert, a question for you. Is it the Axle, Rolling Thunder, or both being contested? I think it is not the Axle, not the RT, correct?

Mike

It will be both the Axle will be a contested event and the RT will be in the medly

somewhere between 140-150 lbs.

Gentlemen I know I posted several months ago I would be moving to Cali and would attented this contest but the way life goes I am at the opposite end of the world in Georgia ...(better for my family long story) wish I could attend!

"In the words of Ryan Klein, Not for Pussies!" LOL!!!!!!! i love it Mike. that was worth logging on to see. now i'm having a urge to compete again

"In the words of Ryan Klein, Not for Pussies!" LOL!!!!!!! i love it Mike. that was worth logging on to see. now i'm having a urge to compete again

The "Gecko King" lives :D

Lol, i forgot about that. you bastard :D

Good to see you back around :D I hope you start competing again :cool

Lol, i forgot about that. you bastard :D

Good to see you back around :D I hope you start competing again :cool

Thanks, im thinking about it.

It's good hearing from you Ryan sure would like to see you compete again I'll

keep my 1" V-bar ready whenever you decide to come back

Take care Robert

Good to see that Ryan might make a comeback! One of the all-time best vbar guys.

Robert, a couple of things...

What time Saturday the 11th you plan on starting?

I have a former employee who now lives in Irvine, an hour from your place. I was thinking of picking him up in the morning and bringing him to the contest. Jackie knows a little bit about grip, has a few grippers, has a laptop, and is interested, if you want, to help with score-keeping. He is a CPA and was one of the fastest learners/efficient etc people we ever had. If you think he could help, I can firm that up. Let me know.

I will probably stay 2 hours North of Irvine, get up at 6 am, and head South Saturday morning.

Mike

Hey you guys how have ya been? ...sorry wrong question, im sure you have all been gripping shit... Unfortunately I havnt, im not going to chicken out, im still plannin on coming out but its not goint to be the same adam that you guys remember. Ive been training for the lapd/sheriffs so gripping hasnt exactly been on the to-do list... Some good news though i might be in a different weight class ive lost almost 40lbs :)

Hey you guys how have ya been? ...sorry wrong question, im sure you have all been gripping shit... Unfortunately I havnt, im not going to chicken out, im still plannin on coming out but its not goint to be the same adam that you guys remember. Ive been training for the lapd/sheriffs so gripping hasnt exactly been on the to-do list... Some good news though i might be in a different weight class ive lost almost 40lbs :)

Weight Classes? Ha ha ha ha! We don't need no stinking Weight Classes!

Robert, a couple of things...

What time Saturday the 11th you plan on starting?

I have a former employee who now lives in Irvine, an hour from your place. I was thinking of picking him up in the morning and bringing him to the contest. Jackie knows a little bit about grip, has a few grippers, has a laptop, and is interested, if you want, to help with score-keeping. He is a CPA and was one of the fastest learners/efficient etc people we ever had. If you think he could help, I can firm that up. Let me know.

I will probably stay 2 hours North of Irvine, get up at 6 am, and head South Saturday morning.

Mike

I plan on starting at 10;00 am but you can get get here any time after 8:00 am I"ll be up getting things ready

Weight Classes? Ha ha ha ha! We don't need no stinking Weight Classes!

Yeah that a good one Mike :laugh Adam it's going to be an open class . But we could make Bill

weigth in though that's always worth a few good laughs

Edited by lone Wolf

Mike

Robert, so, do you need a person to assist with the scorekeeping? Or do you have it covered? I don't want to drag the guy there and then he ends up with nothing to do AND bored. I won't run the risk of him being bored if he has something to do. Let me know...

Mike

Robert, so, do you need a person to assist with the scorekeeping? Or do you have it covered? I don't want to drag the guy there and then he ends up with nothing to do AND bored. I won't run the risk of him being bored if he has something to do. Let me know...

Sure Mike I could use the help in the scorekeeping I was going to get one of my daughters to help

me but I think your friend will be alot better.

I plan on showing and meeting all of you and go for some prs. Ill see you all on saturday

Ship

10 Days to go.

Who is in?

1. Robert

2. Me

3. Ship

I just PM'd SteveB, Bill & Adam and Rick (winner of the last Cali contest ) to remind them of the contest

I'll be there.

10 Days to go.

Who is in?

1. Robert

2. Me

3. Ship

I just PM'd SteveB, Bill & Adam and Rick (winner of the last Cali contest ) to remind them of the contest

I PM'd Ronnie Castro and Odd Haugen. With Odd, I told him the only incentive he had would be to reclaim the Grip Contest DO Axle DL record. I mentioned this contest to both Ronnie and his friend Mitch at the Fit Expo in January. Mitch participated in the November 2006 Meskew contest. At the Fit Expo, Mitch recognized me, I did not recognize him, I heard a "hey Hubgeezer!" call and asked him, "who are you?"

All 3 of these fellows seemed mildly interested in this contest, but other than one followup email I sent to Odd, I have had no contact with any of them since then.

I am injury-free, but weigh less than I have in years, so my strength is down quite a bit. :blink The strength drop has nothing to do with my age whatsoever. :cool Nothing whatsoever. :cool

Robert I am sure you have a Vbar, but I will bring my Fat Bastard One Inch Vertical Bar that has five of the "Over 300" FBBC certifications made, and more than that many of the other names on the list. A finely seasoned implement that bar.

Also, it looks like my former employee would like to keep score and I will be picking him up that morning to attend and help.

Alright fellas, i really hope you guys dont think im making this shit up, but a few months ago i had a deep sea fishing trip baught for me and i never really looked at the date, just knew it was in july some time... what were the freakin odds it was the same weekend, its an over nighter this fri and sat... im sorry guys im out... have fun and stay safe

-adam(THOR)