Calif. Contest

lone Wolf

I'm thinking about having a contest in June or July

would like to have 6 or 7 events like the ones Kevin M. had in Chatsworths

looking to see if there's any interest ?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lone Wolf

• Hubgeezer

• FatBoy

• bencrush

The events would

1. Grippers ( got to get the rest om grippers calc. )

2. 1" FBBC V-Bar ( all weight will be calibrated )

3. IM Hub

4. Rolling Thunder

5. 2HP ( 2 York 45's milled plates )

6. 3" wrist roll for time

7. Medley

not sure of any bending will be in the mix if I can get Hubgeezer & Steve B.

to come ?

Edited by lone Wolf

PM sent. I think we could get Haugen if there was the Axle. He could reclaim his record. Bending would probably lose me and Haugen.

I do have a Euro Pinch device I got from Horne if the contest materialized and I attended.

Just so others know, I have been lobbying for "an over 50" grip contest somewhere, and this could be it, but I am working on a place more central to the International gripping community. Not to highjack Robert's contest, but he is now over 50, Steve B is, I am, Haugen is, and I am sure Chris Rice would like to travel to Los Angeles to win something.

I don't really understand how Southern California is one of the biggest population centers in the US and we struggle for attendees for contests. :(

Watch Robert, we start talking Geezers Only, and the young fellows will suddenly want to participate!

Mike Corlett

Salinas, CA

PM sent. I think we could get Haugen if there was the Axle. He could reclaim his record. Bending would probably lose me and Haugen.

I do have a Euro Pinch device I got from Horne if the contest materialized and I attended.

Just so others know, I have been lobbying for "an over 50" grip contest somewhere, and this could be it, but I am working on a place more central to the International gripping community. Not to highjack Robert's contest, but he is now over 50, Steve B is, I am, Haugen is, and I am sure Chris Rice would like to travel to Los Angeles to win something.

I don't really understand how Southern California is one of the biggest population centers in the US and we struggle for attendees for contests. :(

Watch Robert, we start talking Geezers Only, and the young fellows will suddenly want to participate!

Mike Corlett

Salinas, CA

Let's see what happen Mike just turned 51 a couple of days ago

Let the Geezer's Unite AARP card holders only :D

Edited by lone Wolf

i should be out to Ft. Irwin a couple months before then I will go man. just let us know what you want to do.

Sound good to me. It will give me a reason to start grip training again. I will see if I can drag Thor out of retirement.

I live in Sacramento and I can get some guys to attend if it's in Northern Cali. We are all grip begginers so traveling long distances to get spanked will be a hard sell. I might be willing to travel for a whoopin' but depends on where.

Andy

I live in Sacramento and I can get some guys to attend if it's in Northern Cali. We are all grip begginers so traveling long distances to get spanked will be a hard sell. I might be willing to travel for a whoopin' but depends on where.

Andy

Andy

Grip meets are alot different than powerlifting meets, nobody is looking to beat up on newbies. Its great environment were everybody is learning and teaching each other. I always learn something new at every meet. You and your friends will walk away with tips and tricks that will take your train to the next level. I consider myself a grip veteran(not a very strong one) and I always look forward to a chance to help the sport grow by teaching newbies. I hope to see you there.

Hey Andy it's all about having fun, learning , getting new pr's and making

new friends. Infact if you guys come I'll have a prize for best newbie of the contest.

Hey Andy it's all about having fun, learning , getting new pr's and making

new friends. Infact if you guys come I'll have a prize for best newbie of the contest.

Hey can i enter myself for the newbie prize :D I have not lifted sense Feb.

Robert i would be very intrested also.

Have not worked grippers in a long while.

If you guys want we could have a warm up meet/practice at my place a few months ahead of time to see where wer'e at.

Just a thought.

Also Robert i have a couple of unique grip devices that i haven't seen in any contests if you want to add them to the events or medley.

Edited by Steve B.

If you guys want we could have a warm up meet/practice at my place a few months ahead of time to see where wer'e at.

Just a thought.

Also Robert i have a couple of unique grip devices that i haven't seen in any contests if you want to add them to the events or medley.

Sound Great Steve does June sound good for everybody ?

Just a thought.

Sound Great Steve does June sound good for everybody ?

June sounds good, I'll be coming off an armwrestling tourney in May..should be pretty grip strong. As far as being a newb, I would love to learn but it depends on how far away the meet is. Like I said, if it's in Northern Cali you can count 3-5 people in. I might be willing to drive to So. Cal but it would probably be me and maybe one other guy. Have you narrowed down a location?

Edited by AFreeland

It's going to be in San bernardino at my house and I'll throw out a date by this

Friday the end of June looking real good right now.

I will try to make it weather its in June or July. I spoke to Thor and he sound interested but is not promising anything yet. I have not been able to get in contact with K. Bussi yet, but I will keep trying. It would be great to see Mike, Adam, and Kevin shoot it out again. It would make for an interesting contest now that Mike is closing the COC#3.

I will try to make it weather its in June or July. I spoke to Thor and he sound interested but is not promising anything yet. I have not been able to get in contact with K. Bussi yet, but I will keep trying. It would be great to see Mike, Adam, and Kevin shoot it out again. It would make for an interesting contest now that Mike is closing the COC#3.

I'm hoping we can get as many of the guys to come Bill

So is bending a definite NO or a possibility in the competition?

As an event in the contest probably not Ben the reason being is if was an event

Mike aka Hubgeezer and Steve B. wouldn't come . And they are 2 of main guys that

got me into grip. I was thinking of having a 1/4x6 G5 reverse bend in the medley though

where it wouldn't make much of a difference if they did or not in the contest placing.

Its offical I will be there before June shouldnt be a problem for me to come. Can't wait.

I'm hoping we can get as many of the guys to come Bill

So is bending a definite NO or a possibility in the competition?

As an event in the contest probably not Ben the reason being is if was an event

Mike aka Hubgeezer and Steve B. wouldn't come . And they are 2 of main guys that

got me into grip. I was thinking of having a 1/4x6 G5 reverse bend in the medley though

where it wouldn't make much of a difference if they did or not in the contest placing.

Thanks for the clarification Robert.

If this is after when I get back from Germany (Late June, I think the 20th or thereabouts) and I can get my dad to drive with me I might go to this. It's only about a 6 hour drive, even though I despise 1" Vbar :D

Robert, I emailed Odd Haugen today and told him about the contest. I will let you know what he says.

Mike

Thanks Mike If he can come will have to see about getting an Axle there he's due for

another world record and the weights will be calibrated

If this is after when I get back from Germany (Late June, I think the 20th or thereabouts) and I can get my dad to drive with me I might go to this. It's only about a 6 hour drive, even though I despise 1" Vbar :D

Great Derek it will good to have both and your dad there. Right now I'm

thinking the last Sat. in June or the second Sat. in July if I can get some input

from everyone for a final date