• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lone Wolf

• Hubgeezer

• FatBoy

• bencrush

If I can make it I'd prefer 2nd saturday in July I think. My Dad is off that weekend.

Sound good Derek got the dates now either June 27-09 or July 11 -09

So far July 11 is in the lead with 1

• 4 weeks later...
I'm thinking about having a contest in June or July

would like to have 6 or 7 events like the ones Kevin M. had in Chatsworths

looking to see if there's any interest ?

I live in Sacramento and I can get some guys to attend if it's in Northern Cali. We are all grip begginers so traveling long distances to get spanked will be a hard sell. I might be willing to travel for a whoopin' but depends on where.

Andy

+1 for a Nor cal contest! =) I live in Chico.. AFreeland, when it gets closer we should see about car pooling.

I live in Sacramento and I can get some guys to attend if it's in Northern Cali. We are all grip begginers so traveling long distances to get spanked will be a hard sell. I might be willing to travel for a whoopin' but depends on where.

Andy

+1 for a Nor cal contest! =) I live in Chico.. AFreeland, when it gets closer we should see about car pooling.

Sounds good! I have a small group of beginners that train grip on Sundays. If you are ever in Sac on a Sunday and want to show us some stuff give me a holler!

Andy

Sounds good! I have a small group of beginners that train grip on Sundays. If you are ever in Sac on a Sunday and want to show us some stuff give me a holler!

I doubt there is anything i could show you, but it would be fun to train with some people! :rock

Andy

I doubt there is anything i could show you, but it would be fun to train with some people! :rock

Send me a PM if you are in town. We train grippers (COC 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5) Wrist curl, Wrist roll, pinch, bending, and dead hang. We are all (5 of us) practicing for an armwrestling comp in May (Calaveras County). The more the merryier brother,

Andy

"Thanks Mike If he can come will have to see about getting an Axle there he's due for

another world record and the weights will be calibrated"

Robert i have an IM apollian's axel if you want me to bring it.

I'm also thinking about getting group grip workouts every Sunday for a couple hours if anyones intrested to especially prepare for your meet.

If anyone would like to join me just PM me.

Edited by Steve B.

Hey fellas, you mind of THOR plays along. I think its time I come out of retirement and see if I got anything left ;)

Count me in, any date is fine :rock

-kev(handygripperman), mike(hubgeezer), and oud(big ass world strong man :D ) you guys better show up I got some scores to settle

"Thanks Mike If he can come will have to see about getting an Axle there he's due for

another world record and the weights will be calibrated"

Robert i have an IM apollian's axel if you want me to bring it.

I'm also thinking about getting group grip workouts every Sunday for a couple hours if anyones intrested to especially prepare for your meet.

If anyone would like to join me just PM me.

Sounds good Steve I get back to you about one of those Sunday workouts

Hey fellas, you mind of THOR plays along. I think its time I come out of retirement and see if I got anything left ;)

Count me in, any date is fine :rock

-kev(handygripperman), mike(hubgeezer), and oud(big ass world strong man :D ) you guys better show up I got some scores to settle

It will be good to see you in action again Adam I posted the contest date see

So. Cal. Grip Meltdown July 11,09

I'm interested in the competition.

Hope you can make

Edited by lone Wolf

• 3 weeks later...
word... I'm in. Been weak as a kitten lately, but I think I'll be able to get my shit together by july.

It will great to have you here Rick as you won the last Calif. Contest

I will be there dispite some major back problems. I may have to pass on the Axle lift but I will be there. I talked with Kevin Bussi about the contest twice now but I'm still not getting any comements from him. I will keep working on him and see if I can get him to come out and play. I'm glad to see Adam and Rick back in the game. I can't wait to see everybody.

I will be there dispite some major back problems. I may have to pass on the Axle lift but I will be there. I talked with Kevin Bussi about the contest twice now but I'm still not getting any comements from him. I will keep working on him and see if I can get him to come out and play. I'm glad to see Adam and Rick back in the game. I can't wait to see everybody.

Not sure if we will have the axle as an event Bill. Mike Corlett was trying to get Odd to come if that happens

then we'll do the axle so far Mike has not gotten back to me.

I was at the Fit Expo this past weekend in L.A. I saw Ronnie Castro and told him about the contest. I also ran into "Mitch", Ronnie's friend who was in the November 2006 contest, who had done pretty well (well over 200 on the RT and close to 350 in the Axle if I remember correctly) and told him about it as well. I saw Odd but did not talk to him about the contest.

In December, Odd emailed me and said he was not really interested in a National Geezer Contest, didn't think he was qualified. I had mentioned the possibility of Robert's contest this summer. He told me to let him know that he would be interested in entering another grip contest. Now that the "Fit Expo" is over, I will email him again to tell him the date and the city. I give him 50/50 odds of showing up.

I am interested. I think I would split the drive over three days. Stay about 2 hours away on Friday night, get up early Saturday, do the contest, and then drive a few hours out of San Bern Saturday night. Drive home early Sunday morning. San Bern is maybe 90 minutes farther for me than the previous contests, so it is perhaps 750 miles round trip.

I was at the Fit Expo this past weekend in L.A. I saw Ronnie Castro and told him about the contest. I also ran into "Mitch", Ronnie's friend who was in the November 2006 contest, who had done pretty well (well over 200 on the RT and close to 350 in the Axle if I remember correctly) and told him about it as well. I saw Odd but did not talk to him about the contest.

In December, Odd emailed me and said he was not really interested in a National Geezer Contest, didn't think he was qualified. I had mentioned the possibility of Robert's contest this summer. He told me to let him know that he would be interested in entering another grip contest. Now that the "Fit Expo" is over, I will email him again to tell him the date and the city. I give him 50/50 odds of showing up.

I am interested. I think I would split the drive over three days. Stay about 2 hours away on Friday night, get up early Saturday, do the contest, and then drive a few hours out of San Bern Saturday night. Drive home early Sunday morning. San Bern is maybe 90 minutes farther for me than the previous contests, so it is perhaps 750 miles round trip.

Sounds good Mike I'll get with Steve B. to have the axle ready

I still think a geezer contest would be a good thing though there is enough of

us geezers out to make for a very good contest.

I still think a geezer contest would be a good thing though there is enough of

us geezers out to make for a very good contest.

Yeah, only I wanted Andy Christie (England), Odd Haugen, Chris Rice and Richard Sorin. If we can't have the top guys who compete in the sport, I don't want it to be you, me, Steve B and whoever else we could pry out of their armchairs in Southern California. So, a Southern California regular contest is fine by me. I don't know if anyone has an interest in going to the "Nationals"? If so, you would want to work with Jedd to see if this could be a "qualifier".

Mike

ok please excuse all the questions, but, can we or I get a little more details about this event?

Like: Where exactly is it going to be?

Entry fee

Times

Weigh-in weight categories

Official list of events

Is it a contest or a grip gathering

You know, the basics :D

Thanks

Edited by THOR

ok please excuse all the questions, but, can we or I get a little more details about this event?

Entry fee

Times

Official list of events

Thanks

Stop whining and complaining. There's enough info for right now :tongue

Entry fee

Times

Official list of events

Thanks

Thanks Mike just got with Jedd this will be a sanctioned event the top 3 will qualify

for the 2009 Nationals. Adam it will probably be at my house in San Bernardino

so far for events will be Grippers, IM Hub , 2HP , Axle , Medly , wrist roller will be final event

will get back with more info later. Hey Mike if your offer to bring your 2HP device is still

standing that would be great also if you could bring your IM Hub the one I have is 2005 model

Thanks Robert

Edited by lone Wolf

Robert I will bring my IM hub, its the one that Adam pulled 97.5 lbs. on. It sits out side in the weather so it has a nice feel to it. I'll bring it and Adam and Mike can have a hub-off for bragging rights.

Robert I will bring my IM hub, its the one that Adam pulled 97.5 lbs. on. It sits out side in the weather so it has a nice feel to it. I'll bring it and Adam and Mike can have a hub-off for bragging rights.

Thanks Bill that would be good so far grippers I got 5 that have been calibrated.

------- Grippers ---------

1. RB 210N-C @ 107.5 lbs.

2. BBSM @ 123 lbs

3. RB 240N @ 139 lbs

4. IM#3 @ 147 lbs

5. PDA 546 @ 155 lbs. thats not the wire size just a # stamped on it

These were all Calc. by Aaron

I'll be sending some more grippers out soon to get calc. this includes the following grippers

RBs - 130,160,180,210

BBSM,BBE

IM # 2-#1s, 2-#2s, 2.5, 3 , 3.5, 4

Edited by lone Wolf

Entry fee

Times

Official list of events

Thanks

Dam geezer...

Thanks Robert I look forward to seeing you all again and having one hell of a time :rock

Edited by THOR

Robert I have a grippers that have been calibrated by Ben Edwards they are

RB 260 @ 145.61 lbs.

BBGM @ 152.61 lbs

Coc#3 @ 158.62 lbs

Coc#3 @ 159.81 lbs

Coc#3 @ 163.21 lbs

BBE Thor @ 162.61 lbs

BBE @ 176.41 lbs

I would be more that happy to bring them also, and I'm still working on Kevin Bussi trying to get him to come to the meet.

Robert I have a grippers that have been calibrated by Ben Edwards they are

RB 260 @ 145.61 lbs.

BBGM @ 152.61 lbs

Coc#3 @ 158.62 lbs

Coc#3 @ 159.81 lbs

Coc#3 @ 163.21 lbs

BBE Thor @ 162.61 lbs

BBE @ 176.41 lbs

I would be more that happy to bring them also, and I'm still working on Kevin Bussi trying to get him to come to the meet.

Right on Bill I'll be sending some gripper out this week to be calc. I'll redo the list with your gripper included

we will have to figure how much a jump in poundage for the contest later. Keep working on Kevin Bussi

it would be great to see him in action again

New list of Grippers * denotes who Calc. Grippers A.C is Aaron C. , B.E is Ben Edwards

RB 210N-C @ 107.5 lbs. * A.C *

BBSM @ 123 lbs. *A.C *

RB 240N @ 139 lbs. * A.C *

RB 260 @ 145.61 *B.E *

IM#3 @ 147 lbs. *A.C *

BBGM @ 152.61 * B.E *

PDA 295 @ 155 lbs. * A.C *

IM #3 @ 158.62 * B.E *

IM #3 @ 159.81 * B.E *

IM #3 @ 163.21 * B.E *

BBE Thor @ 162.21 lbs *B.E *

BBE @ 176.41 lbs. *B.E *