Best Raw Squat Or Deadlift

ScottW

just hit 715@215

715@215!!!!! :whacked That's approaching 3.5xBW man! IN-FREAKING-CREDIBLE!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Natural

• shizen

• MalachiMcMullen

• Magnus

just hit 715@215

That is absolutely amazing! I've always been more impressed with relative strength than absolute strength. You're an animal!!!

just hit 715@215

Super duper awesome!!! :rock

DL with Belt, Sumo style: 260kg

Squat I'm not sure, remember 4x215kg, stance the same as for DL

Wow, either you have a narrow sumo stance(aka "semi-sumo") or you have a crazy wide squat stance!

DL with Belt, Sumo style: 260kg

Squat I'm not sure, remember 4x215kg, stance the same as for DL

Wow, either you have a narrow sumo stance(aka "semi-sumo") or you have a crazy wide squat stance!

Well, I place my feet as close as 0.5cm to the plates for deadlifting, so I have to use smaller diameter plates as inner ones in DL training... I also do some squatting with closer stances, but for speed squats (box squats) and competition squats it's really that wide :D

That's somehow related to westside barbell influences on my training...

• 3 weeks later...

Incredible pulling in here! and 715@215? JESUS! My best raw lifts to date are 675 dead and 635 squat..

and i hate the squat..with a passion!

Dang I'm almost ashamed to post my bests on here haha. Deadlift:515 and Squat: 435

Raw Squat 290kg (639.3lbs), Raw Deadlift 340kg (749.5lbs). My own bodyweight was 134kg (295.4lbs). :D

• 1 month later...

Well I have a pretty far way yet to go to hang with most of you crazy bastards but I will post.

I just squatted 385 lbs 2 days ago with a belt.

I deadlifted 450 lbs a few weeks back with no belt.

I was looking at Menace3000's old post and saw this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKoF9Zj4x5Y...re=channel_page

He is now at 745 lbs with straps at 215 bw. That is insane.

I gotta ask, how the hell are you deadlifting so much? I see your squat is strong, but your deadlift is on a whole other level. I can lockout that much from just above my knees with no straps, but your speed off the floor with that much weight is insane. How did you train for this?

Squat - 335

DL - 405

No belt wraps or chalk. Low tech operation for us peons.

your always so modest, some guys cant even do that, i was decent before i broke my ankle plus who knows what else after my accident, but and you guys can check me out on the youtube allthe proof is there.

rico

540box squat

500 squat

510 deads

never used a belt

Alright, I'll throw in :blush

Never did a squat before (I lift at home and I don't have a rack). Best DL is around 400 from a 3" block.

I pulled 400 this was a few days ago, and it came up surprisingly easier than the last time, so I might be good for another 10lb or so.

Well, I finally made a 300kg deadlift. Going for 317,5kg now or ~700lbs.

:rock

good work buddy

wow, some really strong lifts on here.

Lets see, I don't squat anymore because my knee snapped last time and hurt for months. Not really sure what happened there. Never tried a max but did 335x8 before the knee thing.

Just started deadlifts last month and love em. No maxes yet but I've repped 365 a few times.

Just started deadlifts last month and love em. No maxes yet but I've repped 365 a few times.

There is a fifth dimension beyond which is known to weight lifters. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of heavy back training. It is an area of the gym which we call... "THE DEAD LIFT ZONE"

My max deadlift is, no straps, no suit, no belt, 455lbs, I know I know weak, but if I was already crazy strong I wouldn't have anything to work towards!!! I've only been doing them for about 1 year seriously, wish I woulda started doing them when I began lifting 10 years ago, instead of reading bodybuilding magazines and spending my time doing concentration curls and tricep kickbacks......LOL Oh man, was I young and dumb, at 145 lbs I had every aspiration to get huge using a steroid using Mr. Olympia program. :laugh If I could go back I would of focused on squatting, deads, and clean&presses. I might be really big right now.