Thanks

(Open) PL Meet

Raw Squat - 835

Raw Dead - 705

This was done in 2003.

Raw??? wow. what fed?

Thanks

(Open) PL Meet

USAPL open class is singly ply and raw is a different division. anyways.. an 835 raw squat is world class. crazy..

Raw Squat - 835

Raw Dead - 705

This was done in 2003.

do you have any videos of your squats? That's close to the world record, and higher then a lot of shw IPF lifters raw squat. A lot of professional strongman have trouble hitting that type of squat raw. Are you sponsored by anyone?

I was under the impression that most people's DL was higher than their squat. Just look at everybody's response in here (except Chad's). That's weird. Maybe because he is, like his nick says, too tall, he doesn't DL "much"? (lol.... I know, that sounds funny considering the numbers).

Raw Squat - 835

Raw Dead - 705

This was done in 2003.

Raw??? wow. what fed?

Thanks

(Open) PL Meet

USAPL open class is singly ply and raw is a different division. anyways.. an 835 raw squat is world class. crazy..

It was not a sanctioned meet. Just dead and squat...nothing fancy. You had the option to go raw...so I chose raw.

My squat has always been better than my DL for some crazy reason. I am not even close to those numbers now...so no vids. I am primarily just grip training now...and maybe a few strongman comps.

Long time ago before I blew the L5/S1 disc I had some decent lifts. My focus was throwing so the last actual PL comp I did was when I was 16 and barely squeezing into the 198 class. I never really did the Deadlift much until after college. Mostly explosive olympic lifts and the same kinds of assistance stuff you would use for the DL though. Lots of heavy back and core work for the hammer throw. Focus was absolutely Brutal explosive power.

so PL comp at 16 in 1990(City of Phx) Squat was 485 with belt and knee wraps

Power clean (for some reason they did PC instead of DL ) 335#

later gym lifts:

91' bw 220

Squat 505 belt and knee wraps

Power clean 385

92' Plyos and technique work only

93' bw 235

squat 545 belt and knee wraps

snatch 220 belt

clean and Jerk 395 belt

94' bw 245

squat 595 belt and knee wraps

snatch 255 belt

clean and jerk 425 belt

95' bw 255

squat 685 belt and knee wraps

snatch 285 belt

clean and jerk 445 belt

96' bw 265

squat 750 belt and knee wraps

snatch 305 belt

clean and jerk 465 belt

DL 760 belt

97' bw 308

squat 850 belt and wraps

DL 865 belt

These are what I remember,

Aaron

Long time ago before I blew the L5/S1 disc I had some decent lifts. My focus was throwing so the last actual PL comp I did was when I was 16 and barely squeezing into the 198 class. I never really did the Deadlift much until after college. Mostly explosive olympic lifts and the same kinds of assistance stuff you would use for the DL though. Lots of heavy back and core work for the hammer throw. Focus was absolutely Brutal explosive power.

later gym lifts:

91' bw 220

Power clean 385

93' bw 235

snatch 220 belt

clean and Jerk 395 belt

94' bw 245

snatch 255 belt

clean and jerk 425 belt

95' bw 255

snatch 285 belt

clean and jerk 445 belt

96' bw 265

snatch 305 belt

clean and jerk 465 belt

DL 760 belt

97' bw 308

squat 850 belt and wraps

DL 865 belt

Aaron

You could clean 335# at 16 :blink When Eaton and I talk about who does what in grip the conversations about you generally start with "..but Aaron's a thoroughbred" and your poundages are just a nice reminder of this. :D

later gym lifts:

91' bw 220

Power clean 385

93' bw 235

snatch 220 belt

clean and Jerk 395 belt

94' bw 245

snatch 255 belt

clean and jerk 425 belt

95' bw 255

snatch 285 belt

clean and jerk 445 belt

96' bw 265

snatch 305 belt

clean and jerk 465 belt

DL 760 belt

97' bw 308

squat 850 belt and wraps

DL 865 belt

Aaron

You could clean 335# at 16 :blink When Eaton and I talk about who does what in grip the conversations about you generally start with "..but Aaron's a thoroughbred" and your poundages are just a nice reminder of this. :D

Thanks Josh, I did 245 clean as a freshman in HS my first year doing them. school record was 265 at the time by a guy who later went into the NFL. Also benched 305 at 190 as a freshman in HS. Sometimes I look back and wonder what I could have done with some decent coaching and if I had not injured my back after college.

- Aaron

later gym lifts:

91' bw 220

Power clean 385

93' bw 235

snatch 220 belt

clean and Jerk 395 belt

94' bw 245

snatch 255 belt

clean and jerk 425 belt

95' bw 255

snatch 285 belt

clean and jerk 445 belt

96' bw 265

snatch 305 belt

clean and jerk 465 belt

DL 760 belt

97' bw 308

squat 850 belt and wraps

DL 865 belt

Aaron

Thanks Josh, I did 245 clean as a freshman in HS my first year doing them. school record was 265 at the time by a guy who later went into the NFL. Also benched 305 at 190 as a freshman in HS. Sometimes I look back and wonder what I could have done with some decent coaching and if I had not injured my back after college.

- Aaron

Aaron... teach me your ways o mighty one :bow

some of these lifts are a little unbelievable but not going to go into what I think.

If you know AC...he does not BS...trust me...he did it :rock:rock:rock

If you knew Aaron And knew what Level of college athlet he was You would know why nobody has questioned the #'s.

some of these lifts are a little unbelievable but not going to go into what I think.

Shizen, as Chad and Nick have already said, if you knew who Aaron was/is, you wouldn't question the #'s.

Shizen, as Chad and Nick have already said, if you knew who Aaron was/is, you wouldn't question the #'s.

Idk I an question it since he claims nearly a 2300 RAW total thats 100lbs less then bill kazmiers total with single ply suit and he was like 350lbs and he was a big juicer. Also his college level was roughly 200feet hammer thrower, ive seen a junior college guy hit that distance and he was only high 400lb squatter. Again I do not want to derail, its just my beliefs.

Edited by shizen

Idk I an question it since he claims nearly a 2300 RAW total thats 100lbs less then bill kazmiers total with single ply suit and he was like 350lbs and he was a big juicer. Also his college level was roughly 200feet hammer thrower, ive seen a junior college guy hit that distance and he was only high 400lb squatter. Again I do not want to derail, its just my beliefs.

200 in JuCo would be exceptional and I would be very surprised to see anyone throw that at that strength without world class technique. One of my teammates in college had just broke the JuCo national record before he came over to UofA and I think he went 210ish at that time. He was a 600ish squatter. I went over 65meters in college and 220ish shortly after. I didnt have terribly great technique though. Regardless I could really care less what you think as I know I did what I did.

- Aaron

Yea need to look at this: http://www.lafferty.ca/wp-content/uploads/.../05/fail-24.jpg

heh I knew I would get a lot of heat for this, since he is a well known member and his grip feats are amazing.

For what it's worth, shizen, I found and still find it hard to believe myself. But I've been training with Aaron since Februrary of this year, and he does not lie or exaggerate about anything. By 'anything' I mean strength-related or otherwise.

-Rex

Yeah, Aaron's a beast dude. I have no question an his claims.

Its not an insult to have somebody think your numbers are "unbelievable" :) I believe you Aaron but if I stood there and watched anybody do an 865lb dl I know I would count the plates more than once.

My numbers are unbelievable to the middle school kids I teach.... ahh someday maybe I'll get somebody strong to call bull on me.

I wish any of my lifts were high enough someone would doubt them :blush

200 in JuCo would be exceptional and I would be very surprised to see anyone throw that at that strength without world class technique. One of my teammates in college had just broke the JuCo national record before he came over to UofA and I think he went 210ish at that time. He was a 600ish squatter. I went over 65meters in college and 220ish shortly after. I didnt have terribly great technique though. Regardless I could really care less what you think as I know I did what I did.

- Aaron

His name was K.P. Singh hit 201 there is close to a 200feet hammer thrower every year over here in california at junior college level. Those were his reps I believe max with belt 500something oly style.

thats the throw also. He was a mid 170 discus thrower also. If means anything he was tall.

I mean noah bryant was a 600lb squatter and he threw shot over 20meters and hammer 66meters as senior. He was also well known for being a 'strength freak' and holds some lifting records I believe at usc.

Thats fine again I didn't really want to start anything anyways, I have actually seen the king of strength you have in grip and know your very strong.

Edited by shizen

- Aaron

His name was K.P. Singh hit 201 there is close to a 200feet hammer thrower every year over here in california at junior college level. Those were his reps I believe max with belt 500something oly style.

thats the throw also. He was a mid 170 discus thrower also. If means anything he was tall.

I mean noah bryant was a 600lb squatter and he threw shot over 20meters and hammer 66meters as senior. He was also well known for being a 'strength freak' and holds some lifting records I believe at usc.

Thats fine again I didn't really want to start anything anyways, I have actually seen the king of strength you have in grip and know your very strong.

I threw shotput againest this guys brother, he was like 6 10 and a 220 discus throweer, so throwing iss in their family prolly has nice technique, and was throwing since a very younf age.