Best Raw Squat Or Deadlift

ScottW

Well I figured since there was a max bench thread I might as well start one for the squat and deadlift. (People still do these right? :D )

My best raw squat is 475 and 650+ with highly unnecessary amounts of gear.

Raw deadlift is 540 and 570+ with briefs.

Anbody else?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Natural

• shizen

• MalachiMcMullen

• Magnus

Nice squat!

I have not tested my max raw squat or deadlift but I have done low reps with 505 on the deadlift touch and go with bounce at bottom a little-3 to 5- My reps in the squat when heavy are 415 full beltless for low reps like 3 to 5. Usually when go that heavy don't do many sets with that wight though-maybe 2 max 3-. Hurt lower back 2 weeks ago got lazy on deadlift rep and used only lower back so only doing like 475 now for reps of 5. All done beltless mostly because don't have money for a belt now.

My front squat after smolov hit 385 beltless but I'm not near that strength right now since working on back squat. Feel the front squat gives people trouble because of form not strength mostly, it should be pretty close to the back squat if your form is solid.

Curious to see if any 700lb deadlifters in here, thats a big goal I would like to eventually reach. I feel deadlift is the #1 indicator of strength since you can't bs it with cutting depth ext or bouncing on bench or w/e.

Curious to see if any 700lb deadlifters in here, thats a big goal I would like to eventually reach. I feel deadlift is the #1 indicator of strength since you can't bs it with cutting depth ext or bouncing on bench or w/e.

I'll be one on Nov. 15th, next month.

-Rex

Squat - 335

DL - 405

No belt wraps or chalk. Low tech operation for us peons.

Squat was 375(with a belt) a few years back when I use to squat a lot. Now my squats are mostly KB front or over head squats.

Deadlift was 410 with just chalk and I ran out of weight at my house, probably had a few more lbs in me. So, I bought a few more plates and will test again after my current cycle.

Best squat raw was 365 no belt atg style. My best squat geared up was 429 at an ADFPF meet last year.

Best deadlift with just belt was 500. Best deadlift with powerlifting gear was 520. I do agree that the deadlift is the best measure of all around strength because it is either you get it or you don't. No depth issues.

My PR's are 275 squat and 440 dead. Both almost entirely raw, I did have underwear on so the "totally raw" guys will yell at me if I say they were "totally raw".

Raw Squat - 525

Raw dead - 565

Finally someone not asking whadda ya bench - priceless

Squat 300 deadlift 400, have always struggled with squats. Hoping to go higher before the end of the year if my knees last that long.

Raw Squat - 525

Raw dead - 565

I agree Chris but in my mind I believe those are the people who don't know much about training or think that and bi's is the only thing you need to train.

405 squat-with belt

380 deadlift a couple years ago haven't done a 1RM in a long time on those was working on my OH Press and squat this past year.

My PR's are 275 squat and 440 dead. Both almost entirely raw, I did have underwear on so the "totally raw" guys will yell at me if I say they were "totally raw".

If they were boxer briefs that were a size to small I just don't think we can count it. ;)

I don't know what my max DL is. I can only fit/tie/hang about 360lb to my bar, and at that, the tallest plate on it is a 25lb plate, so it's a few inches below a normal deadlift w/ 45's.

Raw Squat - 525

Raw dead - 565

You don't like that? ;)

Raw Squat - 525

Raw dead - 565

what's up with your deadlift? i would think someone who could squat that much would be over 600 already?

i don't mean to sound like your weak by the way, i just mean usually people's deadlifts are a lot heavier then their squat or bench. you're very strong.

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

Raw Squat - 525

Raw dead - 565

what's up with your deadlift? i would think someone who could squat that much would be over 600 already?

i don't mean to sound like your weak by the way, i just mean usually people's deadlifts are a lot heavier then their squat or bench. you're very strong.

Ya tell me about it. My deadlift has always been very weak. I was able to load a 330lb stone before I could deadlift 405. Its true. Strange but true. Slowly but surely my deadlift is coming around. It has always been a big weakness. I remember a time when my squat was above my deadlift.

Raw Squat - 525

Raw dead - 565

I agree Chris but in my mind I believe those are the people who don't know much about training or think that and bi's is the only thing you need to train.

405 squat-with belt

380 deadlift a couple years ago haven't done a 1RM in a long time on those was working on my OH Press and squat this past year.

Ya, im definitely talking about everyday average joes.. it seems to be the question to ask me. When another weighlifter asks its a different story.

when i used to train for pl i squatted 455 with a belt and pulled 530 with a belt (545 in a suit and belt). ahh, the good ol' days.

My best DL is 480 @ 175 BW without equipment. Once my shoulder heals up I am going to start training for a triple body weight DL. I have never tested my squat max, the most I have done was 300 @ 175 BW RAW.

Edited by Klicks

Pretty soon, I'm going to go for a 585 raw squat. That will be a PR for me. I'll try to remember to get it on video and post it in this forum (or thread).

-Rex

Pretty soon, I'm going to go for a 585 raw squat. That will be a PR for me. I'll try to remember to get it on video and post it in this forum (or thread).

-Rex

That's a HUGE squat is that with belt and knee wraps? Make sure to post your 700lb deadlift also, that's a massive accomplishment for any weight. Your all around strong guy, do you do mostly powerlifting or you into strongman stuff also? I know your strong grip and overall strength and athleticism will make for pretty solid strongman competitor.

-Rex

That's a HUGE squat is that with belt and knee wraps? Make sure to post your 700lb deadlift also, that's a massive accomplishment for any weight. Your all around strong guy, do you do mostly powerlifting or you into strongman stuff also? I know your strong grip and overall strength and athleticism will make for pretty solid strongman competitor.

Thank you. I've just done one strongman comp, NAS Central Florida Strongman Championship, novice division (no weight classes). Was in August of this year. Won it. Plan to do higher-level NAS comps in the near future, e.g. Georgia's Strongest Man, Chicago's Strongest Man, Nationals, etc.

I plan to do the squat with just a leather Inzer belt (and a Reband belt under that).

-Rex