Rgc Ratings

MalachiMcMullen

I was a bit disappointed with the rating to say the least when I opened it today. I really needed a gripper in the mid 140's, but that's the luck of the draw I guess. Its only 2 pounds heavier than my GHP level 6. But on a positive note, its the first Tetting I've ever bought, and I gotta say, its a darn nice gripper. Also the metal tags from CPW are very cool!

while setting the gripper leave 1 cm from the bottom that would add a few pounds , and don't use the dog leg leverage

while setting the gripper leave 1 cm from the bottom that would add a few pounds , and don't use the dog leg leverage

Thanks for the tips. Those are good ideas. I think I remember reading somewhere that that's why Wade put the lines on the finger handle; so that people can put their hand up a little higher but be able to place it in the same spot every time quickly and easily.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have up to date data on gripper measurements averages? I have excel chart made by Klesen dated back to 2010. It has good amount of data conserning BB, CoC, RB and other older grippers but of course not a single GHP gripper.

I assume that GHP measurement averages are quite close to those mentioned at GHP home page and Cannon Powerworks ?

Level 5: 110 - 115

Level 6: 135

Level 7: 150

Level 8: 170 - 175

Level 9: 220

Does anyone have up to date data on gripper measurements averages? I have excel chart made by Klesen dated back to 2010. It has good amount of data conserning BB, CoC, RB and other older grippers but of course not a single GHP gripper.

I assume that GHP measurement averages are quite close to those mentioned at GHP home page and Cannon Powerworks ?

Level 5: 110 - 115

Level 6: 135

Level 7: 150

Level 8: 170 - 175

Level 9: 220

Here is some data we just posted yesterday:

http://cannonpowerworks.com/pages/grip-strength-ratings-data

Acorn manages this page and there is a thread about it active right now:

http://www.gripratings.com/index.php?id=3

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rated by Matt Cannon

GHP3 - 74lb

COC1 - 78

COC1.5 - 84

GHP4 - 97

COC2 - 109

GHP5 - 113

GHP6 - 133

• Like 1

Since this thread got bumped, I would like to post a reminder to those rating grippers that the strap should align at the end of the handle, not at the end of the knurling (aka the bevel). This has come up numerous times since the rating process was conceived and is worth a mention. This will make difference of a few pounds in your numbers.

Greg and Dave's original report is always good reading on the subject:

http://www.software-henritzi.net/Articles/MortonGripperCalibrationDevice.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks for the great service Matt. Since I just got a new #3, I'll post my spread here.

GHP 3 74

GHP4 94

M 95

GHP5 112

GHP5 116

SM 123

CoC2.5 130

GHP6 136

GM 140

CoC3 144

CoC3 151

GM 152 (rated by Chris Rice)

MM1 160

CoC3.5 179

• Like 1

Thanks for the great service Matt. Since I just got a new #3, I'll post my spread here.

GHP 3 74

GHP4 94

M 95

GHP5 112

GHP5 116

SM 123

CoC2 130

GHP6 136

GM 140

CoC3 144

CoC3 151

GM 152 (rated by Chris Rice)

MM1 160

CoC3.5 179

Wow your CoC2 is 21lb heavier then mine.

You guys are making me want to place another order

Sorrrrrrrrry. That's supposed to be 2.5 :blink

Haha, okay that makes more sense now.

You guys are making me want to place another order

Go for it! A few of the grippers I just ordered I won't be (GHP5 & GHP6) I won't be closing for at least a year or more I think

Thought I would update my gripper ratings since I've gotten some and traded others.

Here is my current list of rated grippers:

Gripper Rating Rated By

CoC 1 80 Jedd

CoC 1.5 91 Jedd

CoC 2 105 Jedd

GHP 5 116 Jedd

SM 122 CPW

CoC 2.5 133 Jedd

GM 136 CPW

GM Hybrid 144 CPW

CoC 3 145 Andrew P

CoC 3 152 Jedd

CoC 4 216 Jedd

CoC 3.5 - 191 - CPW

:pinch
Lol
191!! Dam

It would almost have to be

• 5 weeks later...

I thought I would update my list since I got some new ones in.

GHP3 - 74lb

CoC1 - 78

CoC1.5 - 84

SA - 90

M - 95

GHP4 - 97

RB160 - 103

COC2 - 109

GHP5 - 113

SM - 127

CoC2.5 - 131

GHP6 - 133

CoC3 - 139

I thought I would update my list since I got some new ones in.

GHP3 - 74lb

CoC1 - 78

CoC1.5 - 84

SA - 90

M - 95

GHP4 - 97

RB160 - 103

COC2 - 109

GHP5 - 113

SM - 127

CoC2.5 - 131

GHP6 - 133

CoC3 - 139

Really nice progression dude. Small jumps like that will really help you make quick progress.

Really nice progression dude. Small jumps like that will really help you make quick progress.

Thanks, that's the plan, small jumps over the past 5 months have shown me a 25-30lb gain in my grip.

Thanks, that's the plan, small jumps over the past 5 months have shown me a 25-30lb gain in my grip.

That is the same way I do it buddy. I own 50 grippers with a great progression and I just ordered 2 more :)

I've purchased a few grippers recently, one from Electron (Yuri) and three from Cannon Powerworks:

GHP #6: 137lbs

CPW hybrid Elite: 160lbs

Tetting Elite: 169lbs

Tetting Elite: 173lbs

Very surprised at these ratings from Cannon. I have no doubt that they are correct, but I mean that the Hybrid gripper is noticeably easier than the other elites, guess it's just the luck of the draw.

Yep, that's how it goes sometimes. Just rated a Hybrid Grand Master that came in at 140. I've had them go as high as 160. Tetting definitely has the biggest range these days, but in some ways that is invaluable. I've said a few times that the Nationals set would not have been possible without Tetting. There would have been a few ranges that just could not have been covered.