Where Can I Find The Calibrations For Several Grippers?

Jones1874

If I'm right, I'm sure they were on the GHP website. I've done a search but can't seem to find a list which shows several of them.

If anyone can find them it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by alexjones234

There is this site that I put together. Still need to add some more gripper ratings when I get some time but there are a good number of lower ones that came from Matti's calibration list.

http://www.gripratings.com/

- Aaron

Thanks, but I'm looking for gripper ratings, not ratings for steel bending. It does say in the title.

The site that Aaron referred you to does have gripper calibrations on it. However, it is not visible when you follow that link (atleast not for me and apparently not for you.) If you google "Gripper ratings", it will however take you to that same website, but to the third index page which has the ratings.

Not sure what causes it not to be visible to me eother when I follow that direct link.

Thanks for that. I'll try it through Google now.

did you try cannon power works?? rgc ratings on there. most of the major brands.

Thanks, but I'm looking for gripper ratings, not ratings for steel bending. It does say in the title.

There are links at the top right of the page. One for Steel bending and one for gripper ratings.

However if you are having trouble seeing that here is the direct link.

http://www.gripratings.com/index.php?id=3

• Like 1

I noticed the link says that a HG 200 is more than a HG 250. Found this both on the tests and on the left side where it lists the light, average, and hardest. Not sure why. I know most folks don't use those, but it was something I noticed.

I noticed the link says that a HG 200 is more than a HG 250. Found this both on the tests and on the left side where it lists the light, average, and hardest. Not sure why. I know most folks don't use those, but it was something I noticed.

HG's are all over the damn place and lose spread and get weaker at a very fast rate. If you will notice both of those are only single grippers tested in the chart so only single plot points and not necessarily a good average. Realistically a HG250 should be higher than a HG200 but was not on that particular pair of grippers. Hopefully you can understand this.

- Aaron

• Like 1

HG's are all over the damn place and lose spread and get weaker at a very fast rate. If you will notice both of those are only single grippers tested in the chart so only single plot points and not necessarily a good average. Realistically a HG250 should be higher than a HG200 but was not on that particular pair of grippers. Hopefully you can understand this.

- Aaron

Aaron, in your opinion, what would you say was a good gripper to bridge the gab between the COC 2 and 2.5? Because looking at that chart I could even buy another 2 and 2.5 and they could be bridge grippers the way that they vary.

Thanks in advance.

- Aaron

Aaron, in your opinion, what would you say was a good gripper to bridge the gab between the COC 2 and 2.5? Because looking at that chart I could even buy another 2 and 2.5 and they could be bridge grippers the way that they vary.

Thanks in advance.

Depending on where your #2 and #2.5 come in at rating wise it may be challenging to find something between the two. The average values for them are already reasonably close together and only about 15# RGC apart. Unless you know exactly where they rate and can buy a pre-rated gripper you will just be taking shots in the dark due to normal gripper variances.

- Aaron

- Aaron

Thanks in advance.

Depending on where your #2 and #2.5 come in at rating wise it may be challenging to find something between the two. The average values for them are already reasonably close together and only about 15# RGC apart. Unless you know exactly where they rate and can buy a pre-rated gripper you will just be taking shots in the dark due to normal gripper variances.

- Aaron

Thanks for that. I think I'll just file my #2 and go from there. I haven't got spare cash to spend on getting them rated. I'm not sure if anyone in the UK calibrates them. Unless David Horne does?

My hg250 is a little harder then my coc 2. But I don't have a coc 2.5 so can't tell ya how in between it is. My hg250 is a old one and seems better then the new ones. I picked up a new 300 and 350 for 7 bucks each so what the hey. The 300 is a good deal easier then coc 3 but the 350 is a beast and can't tell a diff. Between that and my coc 3.5

Not sure how many times I need to say this. HG's vary ALOT! I just rated a HG250 I think it was for someone that dropped close to 15# from it's initial rating with minimal normal use. They suck and will not stay a consistent value unless you leave them in a drawer and never use them. Period.

- Aaron

Not sure how many times I need to say this. HG's vary ALOT! I just rated a HG250 I think it was for someone that dropped close to 15# from it's initial rating with minimal normal use. They suck and will not stay a consistent value unless you leave them in a drawer and never use them. Period.

- Aaron

Do you know of anyone that rates grippers in the UK?

- Aaron

Thanks in advance.

I think the GHP 5 is the go to for that bridge. I just got mine and it rated 112. Not sure what what my 2 and 2.5 rate at, I could close the GHP 5 but it does feel a bit harder than my 2.

• Like 1

- Aaron

Do you know of anyone that rates grippers in the UK?

I do not know of anyone in the UK who has a rating setup. You could ask on the board.

• Like 1

Thanks Aaron. Shows you how much I know. lol

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting here Aaron!

I agree with the recommendation for a GHP 5. They are very consistently 112-114 and rarely stray outside that range. Also do to a wide, heavy sweep it's going to feel harder than any #2, even one of similar rating. But is also guaranteed to be easier than any #2.5 I've rated.

We have been compiling average ratings data for the store since June 2012 and I've been meaning to publish the numbers now that we have a good amount of data.

It's also an excellent idea to file the #2. Truthfully, that's what I would do.

• Like 1

I agree with the recommendation for a GHP 5. They are very consistently 112-114 and rarely stray outside that range. Also do to a wide, heavy sweep it's going to feel harder than any #2, even one of similar rating. But is also guaranteed to be easier than any #2.5 I've rated.

We have been compiling average ratings data for the store since June 2012 and I've been meaning to publish the numbers now that we have a good amount of data.

Matt, if you are interested I can add whatever results you have compiled to the gripratings site. That is exactly the kind of thing I envisioned when I built it in order to get a decent range and average for each gripper type and model by having many more values in the database. On the page I actually made some cool clickable links to each gripper type to narrow results. You just have to click on the wide Red buttons on the left hand side for whichever model you want detailed range info on. It's all database driven and rebuilds the page on the fly depending on what you want to see.

For example here is a detailed set for the #2.5 grippers that were in the database:

http://www.gripratings.com/index.php?id=3&gm=8main-gripper-table

Or for #3's

http://www.gripratings.com/index.php?id=3&gm=9main-gripper-table

Lemme know if you are interested,

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Matt, if you are interested I can add whatever results you have compiled to the gripratings site. That is exactly the kind of thing I envisioned when I built it in order to get a decent range and average for each gripper type and model by having many more values in the database. On the page I actually made some cool clickable links to each gripper type to narrow results. You just have to click on the wide Red buttons on the left hand side for whichever model you want detailed range info on. It's all database driven and rebuilds the page on the fly depending on what you want to see.

For example here is a detailed set for the #2.5 grippers that were in the database:

http://www.gripratings.com/index.php?id=3&gm=8main-gripper-table

Or for #3's

http://www.gripratings.com/index.php?id=3&gm=9main-gripper-table

Lemme know if you are interested,

- Aaron

A 144 #2.5?!?!?!

Jesus, I bet whoever had that one was very frustrated...

I think mine was 139#, so I'm not surprised to see a 144# 2.5.

I think mine was 139#, so I'm not surprised to see a 144# 2.5.

Thats just so heavy though. I mean my 3 is 142.

- Aaron

Thanks in advance.

Alex-

To help bridge a gap- wrap athletic tape around the top of the handle- like you were going to put a hose clamp on... But make it thick; and the width should be fine that the tape has already. You will make the gripper feel very hard at the bottom, just like a filed gripper.

• Like 1