• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burkhardmacht

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• kilkkinen

Welldone to all! Massive congrats to Steve. This was a very strong field of competitors. Everyone did very well and it was all fairly close. It just goes to show how much the standard of grip has improved over the years. I think at least 6-7 competitors managed the 3.54 gripper with their dominant hand. That's well over half this group able to close an elite to competition standards and under competition rules. And in the pinch it was all very close with most competitors getting in the 85kg-95kg range.

It was great to meet everyone and put faces to the gripboard names ha ha and also was a pleasure to drink beer with you guys afterwards. :rock

Thanks Walter for uploading the videos.

I also want to say a huge thank you to all of you who contributed to help with Steve's travel costs. He won, what more could you ask for! ;)

Finally I managed to take some time for a little write-up!

At first I would like to say that this competition was great in several ways. Beside the reached standard in grip - which is now much better than before - the atmosphere at the whole weekend was great between everybody involved.

As Sam already said - it was very nice to meet the guys which I have never seen before and also those who I met again, like Steve, Johan and the other German guys too - for sure. It was interesting to meet the British team - those two guys are just crazy! Steve, as a well experienced grip competitor and pretty unique in his special and nice way (for example: putting on sunglasses at 2 am :rock ) and Sam who has all this power and energy of a teenager! :rock

Johan Albrektsson was focussed as always in competition and it's always nice to see him competing - he is the only man to compete in every European Grip Championships! This speaks for itself! :)

I was very happy to meet Matti Heiskanen as the first Finnish guy ever to compete in the Euros! This man is just crazy - he was VERY motivated and focussed in competition and if You have any questions about arm development - just ask him! :D Hopefully we meet again Matti! :rock

Jose Jara and Jorge González competed for Spain and both of them are very very strong and nice guys! Beside their team spirit I was most impressed by their overall body development. Especially Jorge impressed me with his sick strength while snatching big dumbbells, pressing the Inch overhead and doing bench presses with one InchDB! :blink IMO his was the strongest and most rounded strength athlete of the whole competitor field! :bow

The German crew was also great to meet - Gabriel as the newcomer impressed everybody around with his strength and talent. Hopefully he will continue this sport! Stefan, Martin and Flo were doing great - even if some of their lifts were not the best what they could do if in top shape. It was good to see that the grip standard in Germany has risen to a very high level!

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend and was pleased with his placing - which IMO was not the critical point because the field was close together and to take part was more important than to kick somebodies ass!

Hope to meet You all again, bros! :rock :rock :rock

First, I want to say thank you to the german guys for all, what a great contest!! and what a great place, the Korte's gym is a wonderful place for a strength enthusiast.

Congratulations to Steve Gardener for the win, i think that he is one the best in the world right now and a tremendous all-round grip athlete.

I'm very impressed with Gabriel Sum, super strong in all. He has a lot of potential to be the best in the future, his first contest and 2nd in Europe, just sick.

Now, i'm in Ibiza because i'm in holydays, so not too much time to write. But the next week i'll put videos and write more.

It was a great weekend, and very nice to meet guys. I hope to see you in the future.

Jose.

Congratulations to all for what looked like a well run and fun contest. The videos were nice, very uniquely done.

Big kudos to Steve on his win and for Sam on his gripper squeezing. Sounds like everything went well and no one was injured. Good event selection too. One Hand Deadlift, not a common one, but great.

Are the lift numbers posted here, is there a link to another site, or are they coming later?

Edited by Hubgeezer

Congratulations to all for what looked like a well run and fun contest. The videos were nice, very uniquely done.

Big kudos to Steve on his win and for Sam on his gripper squeezing. Sounds like everything went well and no one was injured. Good event selection too. One Hand Deadlift, not a common one, but great.

Are the lift numbers posted here, is there a link to another site, or are they coming later?

The exact numbers will be posted on Hermanns site. I'll post as link as soon as I know that he posted the results! I hope he will post the results as early as possible!

First, I want to say thank you to the german guys for all, what a great contest!! and what a great place, the Korte's gym is a wonderful place for a strength enthusiast.

Congratulations to Steve Gardener for the win, i think that he is one the best in the world right now and a tremendous all-round grip athlete.

I'm very impressed with Gabriel Sum, super strong in all. He has a lot of potential to be the best in the future, his first contest and 2nd in Europe, just sick.

Now, i'm in Ibiza because i'm in holydays, so not too much time to write. But the next week i'll put videos and write more.

It was a great weekend, and very nice to meet guys. I hope to see you in the future.

Jose.

Jose and George drove from Spain and some of the others did some proper long distance driving too. Good to see you guys again!

Congratulations once more to everyone! Great competition and wonderful people! :rock

Thanks. Nice to meet you and Matti.

Steve its the strongest but the runner-up have toons of potencial and will make this competition even more interesting next year! Watch out Martin and Steve:-)

Very happy for Sam , he's a great guy and deserve to be in the top 3 even if before the competition i picked Matti to be one of the them...

Anyone can post the RESULTS? (poudages in each event).

Anyone brodcasted it at the local TV?

WoW! First Big Congrats To Big Steve to won this Competition! You was super power in all event and it was honour to be after you with 2HP:) And you wasn´t so frightening as I thought ;) Also I was impressed the strenght you have, event called : "SaltCupHubFight" You dominate The saltcup with two bottom finger and Sam couldn´t do nothing ;) BTW, I love your hands size :whacked

Sam, what a man! I was impressed your energy and desire for all these events, expecially your gripstrength. TNS #2 only two upfinger, close BE (3.54) with inverted and repping #3, 12 reps! Ther was a one event I won you, remember? After the competition in the restaurant ,there was a two more events, one was, I dont`know the real name, but where you take your blades and forks...Lets call it Hubfighting...I won it :tongue:rock

Sum Gabriel congrats to you to! First competition and 2nd place, very impressive :) Did you find your way to home in the night or are you still there??? :help

Martin, Where you have all the power you have, I wish I could have the same hand strenght than you have :) Congrats!

Stefan I´am sorry to missed that train in sunday :( Hope next time we can do it :) It would be nice to see your Kettlebell workout :)

Also it was nice to see all other guys there, Flo, Jose, Johan. I have many pictures and 2 hours videos coming...I just convert videos and then put it on to tube.

The atmosphere in the Hermann´s Gym was excellent! Thanks goes to Dr.Hermann. Also The Referee Burkhard, big thanks to you

judge all the events:) Especially I was impressed when you was judging the grippers:) I got good tips :) All who wants pictures, PM me, I will sent it those to you. Sam´s mail I have it.

I did one PR in competition; Out of competition, I closed 3.54 BEwith my right hand:) Burkhard was a referee.

Edited by kilkkinen

Nothing lost in translation there buddy. It sounds like you had a good a time as any of us. I'll PM you now before I have a light (ish) workout. Nice meeting you.

Detailed results should come tomorrow according to www.k3k.de.

Sweet. Once again thanks for being a more than gracious host for me and Sam. :rock

You guys were very welcome :rock

i am very curious to know if in this Sport (GRIP competitions) there is someone putting money to support the big guys ...

Steve , Gabriel and Sam just to name a few are very marketable (they make this sport interesting to watch because their charisma ect ...) ...

any thoughts?

if i had lots of money i would give better conditions to them and make them "stars" ... one guy cant write the name properly(he was a bench press european champ) put money in the sport of armwrestling and he's doing Vandetta ect ... making armwrestling fun to watch .... the Channel Eurosport is or was interesting to put these events.

Steve ... looks very scary ... people wants to know him for sure!

Gabriel ... for me he's like the Angel Gabriel version!i consider him a good friend of mine and he's the humble man.

Sam: the turbo guy , talking about enjoying to the fullest what he's doing ...

ITS TIME TO THINK ABOUT THIS or what?:)

It was a thought raised over some food and drink at Flo's house. We need someone with marketing skills. I'd be happy to play a part 'mean, moody' etc.

Well, let's see;

Steve is scary...and he where's sunglasses at 2 am. I'm sure that's very marketable :D

Hmmm, yeah, Gabriel, the Angel of Grip :laugh Not to sure how you'd play off the angel theme, though :rolleyes

Sam, the Turbo-man! He cold dress up like Arny did in Jingle All The Way! :yikes Now, there may be something to that...

I'm also sure you could do something creative with Matti...can't think of anything at the moment, but potential is there :D

On a serious note, I also thought it would be interesting to see an AWing match between all the competitors.

one guy cant write the name properly(he was a bench press european champ) put money in the sport of armwrestling and he's doing Vandetta ect ... making armwrestling fun to watch .... the Channel Eurosport is or was interesting to put these events.

Igor Mazurenko? It's not about putting money in the sport, but about making money! This is was a promoter does. And it can be very good for the sport.