European Grip Championships

burkhardmacht

the gripper closed by Gabriel was 3.65 ; does it means 188.5 lbs to close(acording the RNC)?

please correct me if i am wrong.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burkhardmacht

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• kilkkinen

the gripper closed by Gabriel was 3.65 ; does it means 188.5 lbs to close(acording the RNC)?

please correct me if i am wrong.

It depends on if the 3.65 is the Euro Rating or the RNC rating; they're two different systems and not interchangeable. I'd be curious myself to know.

BTW: Now when the rgc is up. You guys who tried the MM2 replica (3.14). It felt harder then the 3.0 right?

Yes, but only slightly harder and easier on the sweep. When i was repping grippers after the contest i did 12 with the 3.0 and 10 with the 3.14.

Just a (very) early reminder: we should discuss the next Euros early enough in an extra thread - organizer, location, date and so on! I found it very comfortable to start the discussion very early to have time to fix things long before the comp!

Like Sam said, it felt just slightly harder.

- kilkkinen

funny thing is though i could TNS the 3.14 but not the 3.0.

It depends on if the 3.65 is the Euro Rating or the RNC rating; they're two different systems and not interchangeable. I'd be curious myself to know.

Martin said in other topic they didnt use the RNC.

not familiar with the euro rating though.

When i was repping grippers after the contest i did 12 with the 3.0 and 10 with the 3.14.

incredible Sam! after the contest your turbo was charged! i thought in the end of the contest your hand should be dead.(like the majority of the guys).

Just a (very) early reminder: we should discuss the next Euros early enough in an extra thread ..

Again in Germany?(nothing against it of course:-)

- kilkkinen

I think the sweep is the reason, like you said.

Martin said in other topic they didnt use the RNC.

not familiar with the euro rating though.

When i was repping grippers after the contest i did 12 with the 3.0 and 10 with the 3.14.

incredible Sam! after the contest your turbo was charged! i thought in the end of the contest your hand should be dead.(like the majority of the guys).

Just a (very) early reminder: we should discuss the next Euros early enough in an extra thread ..

Again in Germany?(nothing against it of course:-)

Or mabye in Finland...

Or mabye in Finland...

hummm interesting ...

Next year will try to be there to support u guys!

Will be an honour for me ,because at the moment this is my favourite sport and it wont change till i am old.lol

I am used to talk with lots of gripboard members and i consider them as friends (i dont mean all of them of course)

so i am really eager to shake my hands with them.

2/3 years from now i'd like to compete there.

Edited by ewokhugo

- kilkkinen

The 3.14 has a smaller spread, if I remember correctly.

Just a (very) early reminder: we should discuss the next Euros early enough in an extra thread - organizer, location, date and so on! I found it very comfortable to start the discussion very early to have time to fix things long before the comp!

We would be willing to organize the next Euros in Finland, if that's ok with everyone. Are you guys with us? :)

I doubt if any of us have a problem with that but... as per a chat with the Germans over a beer or two there is also a Champion of Champions competition next year. The biggest problem for athletes is going to be the combination of timing, travelling and expense. One suggestion was to, as is now the case and is David intent, have the CoC event every 4 years. But to alternate the Euros on other years. So every 2 even years to the CoC odd years or to have a Euros on every year the CoC does not take place.

Yes with the way the credit crisis is hitting europe, travelling twice in a year may be problematic. The 3 options are-

1. Have the European Champs on the 3 years we don't have the Champion of Champions, as Steve says has been discussed in Germany.

2. The other option is to have the European Champs as part of the Champion of Champions comp for that year, in which there are two contests running at the same time with the same events. Also some Europeans may actually be in both comps.

3. And thirdly, the contest could go ahead, in Finland, and hopefully running the two contests wouldn't have an adverse effect on each other. But hopefully if not 2009, then Finland would be a great place for the comp in 2010.

It's something for folks to discuss. I'm not fussed either way. A vote from each country (UK, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Finland, Switzerland, Holland, others) would be useful.

We should really discuss this because several countries are interested to organize the next Euros if I understood everything correct. Beside the question who will organize we should finally answer the question how often the Euros shall take place in the future!

My favorite option would be to have the Euros every two years (not as Davids option No 1!) - so from now on: 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020 ...

... with the CoC contest every four years: 2009, 2013, 2017, 2021 ...

... which opens the opportunity to have other big international contest in the following years (if we decide to have only one big international contest per year in Europe - which seems to be a good idea IMO): 2011, 2015, 2019....

Am considering coming back to international competition, and agree that having both competitions on the same year is not such a great idea.

But a comp in Finland would definitely be appealing! :)

^^ Personally I would find that "one big contest per year" (=Euros every two years) very logical.

Edited by Hacu

From a training, fiscal and for those in a relationship 'not getting an ear bashing from the wife/partner with you spending our money on grip competitions' perspective it seems 'one big one' a year looks good. Money allowing I'd like another crack at the GGC before I take retirement from competitions (maybe).

[..] before I take retirement from competitions (maybe).

Come on... better go on competing a few years more to avoid the need of a comeback! :D