Chris's Training

ChrisJames

I've told this story about Chris and his dad before:

One OHF dinner (Chris was getting an award) he wanted to have a go at pressing the Millennium dumbbell. To warm up Chris first allowed his dad to do dips on Chris forearms. Chris locked them into what used to be called the rectangular fix position and his dad hops on and bangs out a few reps. Then, having loosened his top shirt buttons and cuffs Chris picked up his dad and pressed him overhead a few times to warmup his shoulders. When it came to pressing the bell it proved a tad too heavy but we were just as blown away with their stunt prior as we were his attempt.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChrisJames

• mobsterone

• lifesnotfair

• David Horne

Chris

This is a fantastic log , amazing lifts,I really enjoy reading it. 220lb one arm rows for 3 sets of 8 is amazing .Has your dad trained all his life?If so thats a testiment to proper weight training

Mark

16 th March Friday 2007

Front grip deadlifts 2 " bar..... 60k x 5 , 100k x 5 ,140k x 5 , 180k, 200k, 210k.Pulled 220k to knees then came out of hands , a little down on these.

:upsidedwn

Had an asthma attack on Tuesday at to go to hospital but i'm ok now.

Friday 23 rd March 2007

I was going to have a week off training because of my bad chest but one of my mates came down to borrow the Fabled Cables.So we end up in the garage (my gym) and i end up doing some wrist curls.

Wrist curls full range of motion 2" bar.... 60k x 10, 100k x 10, 140k x 10, 160k x 5 , 180k x 5.

Nice to have some you watch you train to spur you on, Steve also deadlifted the last set on to me knees for me.Picking the weight off the floor and on to my knees in a curl grip was harder than the actual wrist curl !!!!

Had an asthma attack on Tuesday at to go to hospital but i'm ok now.

Friday 23 rd March 2007

I was going to have a week off training because of my bad chest but one of my mates came down to borrow the Fabled Cables.So we end up in the garage (my gym) and i end up doing some wrist curls.

Wrist curls full range of motion 2" bar.... 60k x 10, 100k x 10, 140k x 10, 160k x 5 , 180k x 5.

Nice to have some you watch you train to spur you on, Steve also deadlifted the last set on to me knees for me.Picking the weight off the floor and on to my knees in a curl grip was harder than the actual wrist curl !!!!

thats one hell of a wrist curl :mosher it would be nice to see one of your wrist curl workouts on video and a 2 inch bar makes them harder i have never seen almost a 400lb wrist curl for reps

That's what I was gonna say! Almost 400lbs wrist curl? What the hell? That sounds totally insane!! And on a 2" bar... I would love to see a video of that!! Amazing power.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi honk,

Trained yesterday !

April 2nd Monday 2007

One arm push press 2" barbbell... 60K , 70K, 80 K, 90K, 100K, 100K, 100K.

Barbell curl 2".... 60k x 5, 70kk x 5, 80k x 5, 90k x 3, 100k x 2x2.

Wrist curls 2" bar.... 100k x 10, 120k x 10, 140k x 10 x 3 sets

Reverse curls 2" bar... 60kx 3x3 sets, 65kx 3, 70k x 2 PB

wrist plate curl .... 15k plate x 5 x 3sets

Hello Mr. James, just out of curiosity, do you perform the reverse barbell curls on the 2" bar with a thumbless grip (thumb on the same side as other fingers) ??

Lifesnotfair,

These were done the regular way with fingers and thumb oppossing each other.

I do them the way you say also.

In spite of me posting several times and asking via PM I yours is the last of those likely to compete at the upcoming British - you still in? If so can I nag you some more for the fee??

• 2 weeks later...

11th April Wednesday 2007

Barbell curls 2" bar.... 60k x 5, 70k x 5, 80k x 5, 90kx 5, 100k x 3x 2 sets

Hammer curl dumbbell.... 66lb x5, 77lb x 5, 100 x 3 x3 held each rep in rectangler fix position .Really effective.

Two hands wrist curl 2" bar .... 100K X 10, 120X 10 , 140x 10, 160 x 5 , 185k x 5.

Great news Chris!

You're looking super strong right now - contest is there for the taking.

See you in May.

David

Thanks David, but i'm not in your league !!

I'm using this to learn of people as yourself , Big Steve ,Elizabeth and others and to have a great time in the process !!

I wish everybody the very best of luck and hope everybody gets PB's on the day.

Thanks Swiss, i look forward to meeting you and all the other members who are going.

Chris,

You are in the same league. Only difference is that I have done a lot more contests. But on steel and iron lifted you are there and beyond. As I said earlier you have a great chance to win it, but will need to use your head along with your great strength!

It will be a fun time!

We look forward to meeting you again,

David

A combination of a strong field of athletes and some very heavy events may well prove you correct.

11th April Wednesday 2007

Barbell curls 2" bar.... 60k x 5, 70k x 5, 80k x 5, 90kx 5, 100k x 3x 2 sets

Hammer curl dumbbell.... 66lb x5, 77lb x 5, 100 x 3 x3 held each rep in rectangler fix position .Really effective.

Two hands wrist curl 2" bar .... 100K X 10, 120X 10 , 140x 10, 160 x 5 , 185k x 5.

Amazing Strength Chris!

Good luck in the contest!

Chris I am not competing!!

just saying that with the incredible workouts you are posting, people are eager to see how your immense strength translates to the classical grip lifts! please don't make the classical mistake of not training the events specifically!!!

Friday 13th April 2007

Power cleans 2" bar.... 100k, 120k, 130k, 140k, 145k, 150k.

Contental 2" bar.... 150k, 155k, 160k, 165k, 165k, 165k.

One arm rows 2 3/8 ths handle... 196 lb x 5 x 3, 220lb x 5, 242lb x 3.

Inspired by the Deisel Crew video's , my hands are really sore today, enjoyed workout, my dad Eddie pulled 400lb on the 2" again and one armed rowws with 115 lb dumbbell for 10 !!!

Monday April 16th 2007

Bench press 2" bar .... 60k x 8, 100k x 8 , 140k x 8, 180k x 8 x 2 sets.First time in about 2 years that i've benched and my chest is sore already !!!

Close grip bench 2" bar ... Thumbs touching .. 140k x 8 x 3 sets

Clean and press d/bells .. 100's x 10 x 3 sets , 120's x 10 x 2 sets

One hand deadlift olympic bar just below knee height... 200k x 3 , 240k, 260k , 270k, 270k , 270k.