Chris's Training

ChrisJames

Monday 15 th January 2007,

One hand barbell cleans.... 60 k,70k,80k, 90k, 100k, 110k.

One hand deadlift olympic bar... lifting with bar held in first joint of fingers no thumb.. 100k , 115k , 125k

thumbless overhand grip ... 150k, 160k, 170k.

Normal one hand deadlift... 200k , 210k, 220k.

Folloowed Herman Goerner routine, need a lot of work on these to be competeive at the British.

Have not got a v_bar yet so used a 2" loading pin..... 100kx3 , 120kx3, 130x3.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChrisJames

• mobsterone

• lifesnotfair

• David Horne

If this is "coming back" - it's scary to think what you'll lift once you have "arrived"

Awesome lifting Chris!!! :blink Great to see you keeping a log. And truly magnificent lifts on everything you did. The most amazing might be the 2" vbar. Crazy numbers man. I've worked a long time to get (a single) even close to the weight you did 3 reps with on your last set.

The log we've been all waiting for!

one hand deadlift, straddled or held out in front?

Seeing you compete in grip would be EXTREMELY interesting! looking forward to this log!

watch out grip world, something special is about to happen!

Thanks for posting your workout Chris. Awesome lifting, I've never expecting anything else from you.

Thanks guys, i won't be able to get my head through the door!!

Wednesday 17th January 2007...

One hand clean and press with dumbbell.. 100 lbx5 , 132x5 , 154x5, 165 x5 , Thomas Inch x 5 x 2 sets.

Managed to clean 21/2 inch revolving 200 lb dumbbell pressed for 3 reps.Didn't feel like doing it but my father asked me to show my uncle Billy.

One hand swings... 132 lbs for 10 x 3 sets , 200 lb x 5 for 3 sets.

Pinch grip with towel over plates... 60 kg x 5, 70 x5, 80 kg x 5 x 2 sets.

One hand wrist curl full range of motion... 30 kg x 15 , 45 k x10 , 50 k x 10 , 55kg x 10 x2 sets.

A bit of a dilemma i have no idea how to carry out the ones in the comp ,i hope by getting stronger in these , there will be a carry over.

Apersonal goal to wrist curl the Thomas Inch for reps... perhaps a couple of years down the line but worth waiting for.

Sorry Dutch ,

I alternate between the two styles.

Some serious iron being moved here. Hopefully some time this year we can get together for the Inch wrist curls.

David

These are some strong numbers that you are putting up Chris :mosher I will be keeping up with this log for sure...Stay Strong :mosher

Chad Woodall

January 19th 2007....

Barbell curls 2" bar... 60 k x5 , 80k x 5 , 90x 5, 100 k x 3 x 2 sets.

Reverse curl 2" bar ... 50 x 5 , 60 x 5 , 65k x 3 x 2 sets.

No 3 grippers... 5 sets of 3 no set crushes each hand.

Going to have to learn to set a gripper to go any further up the gripper scale.

Honk,

I think so.

:D reading this makes me feel so weak! You must have some mighty mitts!

Wednesday 24th January 2007

Cleans using 2" barbell... 100k x 5, 120k x 5 , 140k x 5 x 3 sets.

Contenentals using 2" barbell ... 140k x 3 , 150k x 3 , 160 k x 3 .

Friday 26 th January 2007

Standing dumbbell shoulder press (two the same time).... 66lbers x 15, 100 lbers x 10 , 120 lbers x 10, 130 lbers x 10 x 2 sets.

Front raises... 77 lb dumbbells for 10 x 3 sets

Lateral raises ... 66 lb dumbbells for 10 x 3 sets.

Alternate dumbbell curls... 66 lbers x 10 , 100 lbers x 8 x 3 sets.

Did not train for a few days because of 4 HOUR 16 night shifts (2PM TILL 6AM) and felt a little run down.

Awesome strength Big Man i still show people the video i have of your training and people still shake there head in disbeleif especially over the saxon lift.

Keep it up matey and good luck at the Brits.

Wednesday 17th January 2007...

One hand wrist curl full range of motion... 30 kg x 15 , 45 k x10 , 50 k x 10 , 55kg x 10 x2 sets.

A bit of a dilemma i have no idea how to carry out the ones in the comp ,i hope by getting stronger in these , there will be a carry over.

There is. Back when I last trained to compete for the event I only did 70-kilos for reps and was abale to get a 140-kilo TTWC passed on the day. I'm better setup now and was repping 130-kilos TTWC style today.

Honk: Although it's been a while since I saw Chris he has two handed the Millennium to his shoulder and got it up passed his ear but no further using a jerk press style - one handed.

Chris: nice to see a log. I wish more that want to compete had them. Don't forget to send the entry fee early!! I'd hate to have to say no on the day... :tongue

Edited by mobsterone

Monday 15 th January 2007,

One hand barbell cleans.... 60 k,70k,80k, 90k, 100k, 110k.

One hand deadlift olympic bar... lifting with bar held in first joint of fingers no thumb.. 100k , 115k , 125k

thumbless overhand grip ... 150k, 160k, 170k.

Normal one hand deadlift... 200k , 210k, 220k.

Folloowed Herman Goerner routine, need a lot of work on these to be competeive at the British.

Have not got a v_bar yet so used a 2" loading pin..... 100kx3 , 120kx3, 130x3.

We aren't doing a one hand deadlift. In the challenge between me and Theo that is one of the contested lifts. In the British its a one hand lift. That said I hold my one hand lifts the way you describe as I have a log thumb and can lock it onto my fingers.

If you need I'll posts photos of both lifts.

You can train it without a special bar by using a loading pin. In the gym photos of you I have seen before you have 25-kilo and 50-kilo discs. Use those to get a decent weight on the pin and use a D-ring (non-revolving) handle and clip to attach to the pin and lift.

2-inch V-bar isn't as bad on the skin etc as a one inch. Again you don't need a special bar but ANY one inch bar will do to train on. Using nothing more than a power rack pin (again your gym has these) or a bar with a collar on VERY tight will suffice. I managed to work to the 162.9-kilo lift by working to 155-kilos on a power rack pin. Hopefully when the V-bar arrives shortly we'll get it nice and seasoned. You are, of course, welcome to come here and train. We're about 30-minutes from Wales.

Edited by mobsterone

Thanks fo the advice big Steve.

Good to hear from you again Gazza !!!

Sounds like you can teach me a few things , keep it up Gaz !!

January 29 th 2007

Olympic style squats .... 60 k x 5 , 100k x 5 , 140k x 5 , 180k x 5, 220k x 5 x 2 sets

Good mornings ... 60 k x 8, 100k x 8, 140 k x 8

Pinch grip ... 60 k x 3 , 70 x 3 , 80 x 3 , 90 k x 5 singles.

January 31 st Wednesday 2007

Front Squats ... 60 k x 5 , 100 k x 5, 140 x 5 , 180 x 5 .

Snatch balance ... 60k x 5x 3 sets

Power snatch ... 60 k x 5, 100 k x 3 x3.

Snatch high pulls to chest height ... 100k x 3, 140 x 3 , 160 k x 3 ,180k x 3 x 2 sets

Wrist curls full range of motion dumbbells.. 30k x 15 , 45 k x 10 , 55k x 8, 60 k x 5 x 2 sets.

Friday 2nd February 2007

One hand swings .... 100 x 5, 132 x 5 , 200 lbs x 5 x 3 sets

Two hands clean and press with dumbbells... 100s x 10 , 100s x 10 , 120s x 10, 132s x 10.

Two hands anyhow with dumbbells... 200 olbs , 242 lbs , 280 lbs.

Front raises.. 77 lb dumbbells x 8 x 3 sets

v bar .... 120 k x 3, 140k , 150k x 5 singles

Impressive lifting, Chris.

Don´t you train the bench press?

I think that your swings are the best in history, i don´t know anybody that he could swinging 200 lbs for 5 reps. One of the best swings that i know is 77 kgs in 2 3/8 inch dumbbell by Goerner, but you are stronger in my opinion.

Thank you Hose but i'm not in Goerner's league.

Goerner swung over 220 lb.

When i swing the 200lb dumbbell i do so to just above shoulder height in an arc fashion and immediately bringing the weight back between my legs and then back up again for the 5 reps.

Good grip and back exercise.