Top Posters In This Topic

• gazza

• Tim71

• Alawadhi

• acorn

Top Posters In This Topic

I have revised my goals :D

Short Term

DO style 3/8" x 6" stainless round fbbc or other.

DU style huge bastard/shiny bastard.

Reverse huge bastard/shiny bastard.

DU style and Reverse bastard/shiny bastard BAREHANDED!

Medium Term

DO style 3/8" x 7" 6.5" 6" Drillrod.

DU style Grand bastard/shiny bastard.

Reverse Grand bastard/shiny bastard.

Long Term

DO style 3/8" x 7" CRS/Stainless HEX.

NO "LIMITS"

First I would like to comment on the barehand thing. If you will do it do it once or twice because anymore will ruin your hands. Second, I think the Long term goal should be fantastic king of all shiny bastard or just 1/2 CRS sq :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my ultimate goal or one variation thereof fell today. I bent a 80d nail braced and I'm on top of the world.

Now I just need to go back and get the short, mid and long term goals.

Tim

• 4 weeks later...
I'd like to hear what your goals are. I'm especially interested in what your ultimate goal would be. I'm talking about what's humanly possible but the odds are against ever acheiving it. Whats possible though not railroad spikes in the teeth stuff.

Also, what are your short term, mid-term and long term (that you probably will get) and lastly the ultimate, "wow if I could bend that" goal. My current PR is a black "JH" G5 which is noticibly harder than the triangle ones I have:

My short term goals is the Grade 8 / grade 9/ 5/16 hot rolled.

My mid goals would be a 70d nail I have / Red nail FBBC 5/16.

My long-term goal is a 5/16 Grade 5 bolt.

And my ultimate, hope I get it goal, is a 80d nail unbraced. I have a brand of 80d that is extra tough and looks mean just sitting there. To me those look absolutely awesome when bent, which isn't very often. I'd even settle for braced on this one.

Also, a really tough 10" wrench would be in there somewhere too. And I'd love to bend a 7/8" by 48" long bar.

Let's hear what yours are!

Tim

Well, I'm happy to say that my short and mid term goals have all fallen as well as my ultimate goal. I think I need to set new goals now so here is:

Short term: 5/16 by 7 inch drill rod, and hexabastard. Also, cert on bastard and big bastard and knock out the F911 bolt. Also, 1/2 by 14 inch HRS braced, and get better on horseshoes. Get more consistant with different brands of wrenches. I can probably get the F911 now but I always wait until I've fought with a hex or something and hit it as a last resort.

Mid-term: Shiny bastard, 11/32 drill rod and CRS, and 5/16 G5. Maybe a medium tough 3/8 CRS bend in there too: Braced; 12 inch by 1/2 inch HRS and REALLY tough 8 inch wrench I have. #1 St croix lite shoe. 13/16 by 4 foot bar if I can ever find it. 3/8 by 8 inch G5 bolt braced spike style.

Long Term: KOAB, 5/16 square, 11/32 stainless Big G8 bend. Braced; 12 inch by 1/2 inch G2 bolt, 12 inch crescent type wrench, #2 st croix shoe, 7/8 by 4 foot bar (not sure if I'll keep pursuing this though) and bend 5/8 by 4 foot WSM style.

Ultimate: MOAB, KOASHB, and everthing in between. Braced 8 inch by 1/2 inch HRS, 3/8 by 8 inch G8 bolt, tough 12 inch prybar, #4 draft horseshoe into heart and bend 1 inch by 4 foot bar (hrs) any style possible. S bend crescent wrench like Dennis Rogers.

Ultimate, Ultimate goal? Survive the Ultimate goals without croaking!

How are the rest of you doing on your goals?

Tim

short term; Red Cert

Mid term; Hexabastard, Huge Bastard, BIEW

Long term; KOAB

Edited by liamcafs

I have revised my goals :D

Short Term

DO style 3/8" x 6" stainless round fbbc or other. Met this goal in my stock and FBBC stock.

DU style huge bastard/shiny bastard. Met this goal in my stock and FBBC stock.

Reverse huge bastard/shiny bastard. Met this goal in my stock and FBBC stock.

DO style 10mms x 7inch DUNKSTER in under 5mins.

Do style 3/8" x 6inch drillrod from TIM T.

DU style and Reverse bastard/shiny bastard BAREHANDED! nearly there!

Medium Term

DO style 3/8" x 7" 6.5" 6" Drillrod. Done the 7inch and 6.5inch.

DU style Grand bastard/shiny bastard.

Reverse Grand bastard/shiny bastard.

Long Term

DO style 3/8" x 7" CRS/Stainless HEX.

NO "LIMITS"

Barehanded?!!!! No limits indeed!

You'll kill us all trying to follow you Gazza (I might throw in some barehanded work now just to try it out...)

My ULtimate goal is to twist the Diamond DRAFT #8 Horseshoes. It will take a lifetime, but I'm ready for it.

If anyone wants to see a pic of it, let me know right here. I hav e a picture of a draft #8 compared to a FBBC shoe. Happens to be the same brand; "Diamond"

Edited by Mats Erik

Short term Bend 60D zinc coated nail that I have a pile of DO style 1/4 FBBC 6inch reverse style

Mid Bastard or RED nail DO

Long Anything that is possible!

Brendan

What is a BIEW? I've seen this twice and don't have a clue..

Well I met my short term goal so now I need to make another one on my road to the red..

Short: JH G5 6"

Short term goal 5" yellow nail or 1/4"x6" G5 or both

Mid term 1/4"x7" Square

Long term 7" Red or Bastard by Nov. of this year

Bastard In Every Way

Being able to bend the Bastard with DO, DU and Reverse.

Josh

Right, i feel it's about time to add some goals. Here goes...

short term - keep focus on ISOS training and get a bastard done in leather wraps that are around 1" thick.

mid term - get good enough to use IM wraps to finish of a Red! also work on reverse style to do some tough bolts - eventually a bastard.

long term - some grade of stainless above 5/16" in width would be awesome!!!

Short term: Finish off that huge bastard I got to 105 degrees today. Argh!

Bend a 5/8" x 35" or shorter bar WSM style

Long term: Twist a Diamond draft #6 or/and #8 horseshoes. We'll see in..uhm..20 years ;)

Whatever will get me in the top 3, in the bending event, at the next contest I'm competing in.

I'd like to hear what your goals are. I'm especially interested in what your ultimate goal would be. I'm talking about what's humanly possible but the odds are against ever acheiving it. Whats possible though not railroad spikes in the teeth stuff.

Also, what are your short term, mid-term and long term (that you probably will get) and lastly the ultimate, "wow if I could bend that" goal. My current PR is a black "JH" G5 which is noticibly harder than the triangle ones I have:

My short term goals is the Grade 8 / grade 9/ 5/16 hot rolled.

My mid goals would be a 70d nail I have / Red nail FBBC 5/16.

My long-term goal is a 5/16 Grade 5 bolt.

And my ultimate, hope I get it goal, is a 80d nail unbraced. I have a brand of 80d that is extra tough and looks mean just sitting there. To me those look absolutely awesome when bent, which isn't very often. I'd even settle for braced on this one.

Also, a really tough 10" wrench would be in there somewhere too. And I'd love to bend a 7/8" by 48" long bar.

Let's hear what yours are!

Tim

Well, I'm happy to say that my short and mid term goals have all fallen as well as my ultimate goal. I think I need to set new goals now so here is:

Short term: 5/16 by 7 inch drill rod, and hexabastard. Also, cert on bastard and big bastard and knock out the F911 bolt. Also, 1/2 by 14 inch HRS braced, and get better on horseshoes. Get more consistant with different brands of wrenches. I can probably get the F911 now but I always wait until I've fought with a hex or something and hit it as a last resort.

Mid-term: Shiny bastard, 11/32 drill rod and CRS, and 5/16 G5. Maybe a medium tough 3/8 CRS bend in there too: Braced; 12 inch by 1/2 inch HRS and REALLY tough 8 inch wrench I have. #1 St croix lite shoe. 13/16 by 4 foot bar if I can ever find it. 3/8 by 8 inch G5 bolt braced spike style.

Long Term: KOAB, 5/16 square, 11/32 stainless Big G8 bend. Braced; 12 inch by 1/2 inch G2 bolt, 12 inch crescent type wrench, #2 st croix shoe, 7/8 by 4 foot bar (not sure if I'll keep pursuing this though) and bend 5/8 by 4 foot WSM style.

Ultimate: MOAB, KOASHB, and everthing in between. Braced 8 inch by 1/2 inch HRS, 3/8 by 8 inch G8 bolt, tough 12 inch prybar, #4 draft horseshoe into heart and bend 1 inch by 4 foot bar (hrs) any style possible. S bend crescent wrench like Dennis Rogers.

Ultimate, Ultimate goal? Survive the Ultimate goals without croaking!

How are the rest of you doing on your goals?

Tim

Well I can now knock off the drill rod and hex off my short term goals although I haven't got to try the FBBC hex yet. Ben says the stock I did was slightly harder and it was 1/2 inch off centered so now I feel it's only a matter of doing it.

I really need to work on my crush for the shiny and above bends.

Tim

Well I met my short term goal so now I need to make another one on my road to the red..

Short: JH G5 6"

Since I've done my short and my mid was a Red got some more new goals

Short: Bastard

Mid: Hexabastard

Some day a #6 shoe

Short Term:- Dunksters 10mms stainless in under 5mins possibly cut down.

Mid Term:- 3/8inch stainless Hex.

Long Term:- Aarons 7/16" Stainless.

7/16 stainless? Man you'll be picking your teeth with Red nails. I can tell you that unless Eric gets a new setup we'll never know the numbers on 7/16 stainless.

I can now knock the F911 bolt off my list. Man that is one crazy 1/4 inch piece of steel right there. I think "pound for pound" the toughest steel there is by far. A 5/16 would be unbelievable. I like most people thought the springiness of a G8 was something but this has it beat by a mile. The crush is unbelievable for such a small piece of steel. I was afraid it would snap but it didn't.

Tim

I'll try to find where I got mine from. I think it was like allbolts4u.com or something like that. They're VERY expensive and for a 1/4 by 6 inch piece they cal'd at 535 lbs and have a very tough crush. Much worse than the toughest G8 bolts.

Tim

I started bending not even 3 months ago, so it's very difficult for me to give short, mid or longterm goals since i haven't got a clue of my progression yet.

But i'll give it a go:

short term: 6" Red Nail (with IM pads if possible)

for longer terms i don't know the strengths of other (for me) available pieces yet, so it's difficult to tell.