California Contest?

RKlein

I was looking forward to the montser Thunder award :( because hubgeezer enjoys taking it from me every single contest :angry:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• handgripperman

• supermagnamon

• Hubgeezer

• RKlein

Kevin, can i sign up at the contest? if not i could send it out tonight.

I just hung up with Kevin. He cannot get online right now. He said signing up there was fine.

Hubgeezer

Ronnie told me Odd Haugen's going for sure. Ronnie said Odd just did a deadlift with 600 lbs DO. and then he did another 600lb deadlift DO with just his finger tips. Odd said he wants to go for 600lbs on the Apollon's axle DO :bow

Ronnie told me Odd Haugen's going for sure. Ronnie said Odd just did a deadlift with 600 lbs DO. and then he did another 600lb deadlift DO with just his finger tips. Odd said he wants to go for 600lbs on the Apollon's axle DO :bow

When I saw it for myself. I was like kill me, please. Then when he told me what he can deadlift on the axle, I was like according to the Dale Harder scoring system. It's all over. It's done son. He just have to show up and do it and the Rolling Thunder as well. Kill me, please. Literally. :flame

Dan tried to tell him to compete unofficially. I said no way !!!! He will drive everyone to push themselves harder, and when He pulls (noticed I said W H E N) the Rolling thunder World record in the contest, it will count. If he was competing unoffically it wouldn't count. He is good for at least 300lb in the RT.

Scoring systems all seem to have flaws in certain circumstances - this seems to be one of those. By winning one (or two) events by such huge possible margins, the contest literaly becomes no contest. Under other possible scoring systems, this might be balanced out by strong versus weak performances in other events. I certainly don't have the math skills to argue the pros and cons of the different methods. I just wish I could be there to watch it all happen.

And remember "Odd's a Geezer" too!

I have been soliciting comments from Dale Harder and have forwarded his input to Kevin Meskew concerning performances in order to have fairly reasonable tables for the events.

We came up with 900 points equals 550 pounds on the Axle. We were under the impression that 550 was the most anyone had ever done before. If what is being stated here is true, it looks like Odd would hit close to 1000 points, which is theoretically almost impossible. Likewise, I believe the tables that were used in the past for the Rolling Thunder would put 300 pounds in the high 900s.

I guess I had figured he was going to hit 800 each in those events, and then decent but not earth-shattering on the other 5 events. If he does go over 900 points in those two events, then he would have to really do poorly in more than one event to come in anything other than 1st overall.

Then again, maybe he will tear some skin off his hand in the V-Bar, and it will negatively impact the rest of his performances.

Hbgzr

how big are Odd's hands? how old is he?

I believe he has 9 inch hands.

He turns 57 in January.

He is 6' 4 " roughly 300.

He has huge hands 8 7/8

about 6'3

hands must be at least 5 inches plus wide plus he's weighs about 295lbs-305lbs

I wonder how good he would be in the 2 hand pinch ???

Edited by handgripperman