• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• handgripperman

• supermagnamon

• Hubgeezer

• RKlein

Meskew told me, he wanted to do maximum close. So i'm bringing some never been touched Beginner through Grand Elite grippers. and some of my grippers.

I just convinced my buddy from my gym to go. I just have to get him the entry form.

HERE'S THE DEAL, DOUGH!!!!

1) We WILL be using the Power Palace Hub...any 'reasonable' facsimile will not be accepted.

2) The timed quarter hold was used initially because all I had were 4 IM COCs, (make that 5 if you include the Trainer), and there would be too many ties in placings due to the fact that with a difference of 85 lbs pressure between the #2 and #3 would have had a slew of athletes doing the 2 and just a couple or 1 closing the 3. Now with several 'tweeners' for athletes to choose from, it gives a broader array of choices, therefore less chance of ties (granted, there may be some ties, but less likely, and certainly fewer). The 'set' will be with the official PP Debit Card.

3) The order is yet to be determined.

4) Odd Haugen has expressed a deep interest in competing.

5) Can't we all just get along?

:angry::angry::angry:

Odd competing? Now that's one strong geezer - it will be interesting to see what he does. I wish I lived closer, be fun to meet and compete with all you west coast warriors. I quit caring about what the events are a while back - if you do enough contests and train everything it all evens out anyway.

4) Odd Haugen has expressed a deep interest in competing.

The funny thing is, there are 4 of us who are jockeying to win the little "Thunder Award" Meskew gives to the individual event winner for whoever pulls the biggest Rolling Thunder. It is a coveted award among our group.

Don't laugh, as Odd may not be that big of a threat to win. I doubt that his gripper, Vbar, and hub numbers are world class. But the idea that the Rolling Thunder would have any competition would be a joke, and the Axle, which was going to be a two way race between Klein and Ronnie, would also become a joke as well. I think it would be a lot of fun for everyone. I hope he pursues it.

It would also make it an honor for whoever wins the contest, regardless if it is Bussi, Klein, Odd, or someone else.

Hbgzr

"The 'set' will be with the official PP Debit Card." I promise you guys judging a set is not hard. I have never practice a credit card set and i'm sure the rest haven't so it will be even.

I hope Odd shows up. Odd would definetly win the rolling thunder, the axle i'm not so sure. the highest i know of is Jeff B. 400 in a comp. i have done 390 in comp. over 400 in training. i believe matt grahman? has done 500 with a hook grip (must have huge hands) and he believes he could do 425 with a regular grip.

Kevin, i would recommend the wrist roller as the last event. really looking forward to the contest.

I hope Odd shows up. Odd would definetly win the rolling thunder, the axle i'm not so sure. the highest i know of is Jeff B. 400 in a comp. i have done 390 in comp. over 400 in training. i believe matt grahman? has done 500 with a hook grip (must have huge hands) and he believes he could do 425 with a regular grip.

Odd, according to Dan Harrison, has done 540 on a 2 inch axle, double overhand, but it may have been a solid one, not a plate loaded one (wheels, sort of an original replica). I would see him as an over 500 on the AA kind of guy.

AA double overhand deadlift of 500# - that would shake things up a bit in gripland. I saw Eli Keiner pull 440 to his knees and thought that was a huge lift - someone please video it - I'd love to see 500# pulled, and with those huge hands of his, it's certainly possible.

I got that information from someone who talked to Dale Harder. Now that i think about it i could see Odd pulling 500 plus. Chris, I will definetly video that.

Where can I get the entry forms?

Download them from the thread around 6 or 7 subjects down. I believe it is called Southern California Iron Grip Championships.

Hbgzr

Remember, Odd used to be the World Record Holder in the RT and yeah, he can deadlift 500+lbs on the axle. sucks. i'm jealous. i DO on my warm up today in the deadlift and did 400lbs on a regular bar with no knurl. i might be able to do at least 380lbs next saturday on the axle. :mosher

There will be too many ties if there is a credit card set mainly Super Master closes. It's not that hard to judge a set. most competitions use a set.

Remember, Odd used to be the World Record Holder in the RT and yeah, he can deadlift 500+lbs on the axle. sucks. i'm jealous. i DO on my warm up today in the deadlift and did 400lbs on a regular bar with no knurl. i might be able to do at least 380lbs next saturday on the axle. :mosher

Ronnie, how'd the Squat session go today? Didja spare the bar?

Ronnie, how'd the Squat session go today? Didja spare the bar?

i didn't do so well. i only got up to 800lbs, because the weight kept hitting the rack, since I had a lot of plates on the side. everytime the weight kept hitting the rack, while I backed up, I was getting more tired, since i to spend more energy controlling the weight. after 800lbs, i changed the pins and did a quarter squat from the bottom position and I went up to 925lbs. i re-racked all my plates and left the gym, as the way i found it. i did yell a couple of times, but no cursing. then i went back to l.a, so i can beat the traffic. i did some front squats and went up to 455lbs. i also did some deadlifts and did 2-3 reps on 495, 585, 635, 655 and then i did a single with 665, so i can peak properly for the usapl meet. and then i did some rack deadlifts and some hyperextenions. i have the upper back strength, the core strength and the leg drive. i just need to make sure that i get my lifts in before contest time. i hope that i will train with odd on the squats. well, see what happens. surprisingly, the bar was spared. that chromed bar did well. it bent a little bit and it did not shake, rattle and roll on me, when i squatting with it.

Edited by supermagnamon

i forgot to comment that for sure at this contest, that we will have the longest rules briefings than any other grip contest this year.

There will be too many ties if there is a credit card set mainly Super Master closes.

Im with kevin on that one I still think that there is going to be ALOT of ties in this first event...

Not to add to the whining, BUT credit card set sucks for a guy with only a 7 inch hands. Thats all I have to say, now I'm off to train and get stronger to keep up with you big handed monsters. I HAVE LITTLE MITTS BUT I WILL NEVER QUITE!!! :angry::angry:

I just mailed off my entry form. I've tried most of these events at Steve B's house both last year and the year before at the grip gathering, but other than that eveything is going to be pretty new to me (except grippers). See everyone there.

I just received a message from someone that was at the bench/deadlift meet at the power palace a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to compete as well and asked me about the events and entry form. it looks like that we have another person competing. damn, we are rolling deep this year in the westside. ya hear me. :mosher

So who'd like to make some predictions, by event, top 3??? Ronnie, you're always making your "fearless prognostications"...

Also, need a tentative headcount as to who's coming...so far, it's FatBoy, Thor, Bussi, Castro, Haugen, Geezer, and Mikulich.