California Contest?

RKlein

Kevin, Hubgeezer, Ronnie, etc. any word on a contest out their anytime soon?

If not i wouldn't mind putting one on here in Las Vegas around Feb. or March if you guys would be willing to come.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• handgripperman

• supermagnamon

• Hubgeezer

• RKlein

I might be interested in coming to either Vegas one or california. Heidi's mom lives in vegas and we were just there like 3 weeks ago.

- Aaron

Ive been wondering that myself. hey ironwarrior whats up with the contest ?

On the sheet Kevin Meskew gave us in November, it was as if he planned on having his 6 event deal in November of each year, and his decathlon in March/April.

I will email him and see what happens.

Hbgzr

I'm pretty sure that there will not be a contest this year from what I heard and if there is, it will be at Venice Beach. The next grip contest more likely will be at the Fit Expo in Pasadena in Feb 07. I hope Wade Gillingham shows up so I can try the Grip Gauntlet again.

I tried calling him to find out. I only left a message. I want to see everybody again.

It looks like that I won't be able to compete in it. I can't even close my IM Trainer now. I haven't trained my grip in months, so I don't feel comfortable getting my @$$ handed to me again by everyone, like the last contest. I look forward to seeing everyone again and taking some pics and vids this time around. I bet everyone is already at the next level. I'll do some squats and some upper back work before the contest at the Power Palace, though. Handgripperman, can you give me a spot on the squats on that day? I'll be squatting 900lbs that morning and front squatting possibly 500lbs as well. ;)

Do you guys want to have another grip gathering at my place in December?

I like Ronnie haven't done much grip work myself as i was concentrating my efforts on getting certified with the kettlebells so i had been doing alot of KB work and less of everything else.

Let me know what you guys think.

I like Ronnie haven't done much grip work myself as i was concentrating my efforts on getting certified with the kettlebells so i had been doing alot of KB work and less of everything else.

I would definitely like to go to another grip gathering. Just a F.Y.I, I'll be competing on December 3, though, at the powerlifting contest of the USAPL American Open. I definitely want to have a try at the Rolling Thunder tug of war again. I've been working on my endurance, plus I'm heavier now. Steve, when is the next powerlifting meet are you going to do?

just my luck i have the wabdl worlds that day! can we have it the week before or Dec. 2, or Dec. 9? i am not going to miss another one of these contest.

Ronnie and Steve, get out and compete, or maybe they can add a women's division for you? just kidding

Ronnie i'm waiting for the USPF State meet in March.Hopefully we can compete as a team again.

On the grip gathering i haven't even set a date i just wanted to see if there was any intrest from you guys.

Dec 9th sounds doable if enough people want to drop by.

Amuary,

You could always come by my place and play with my grip toys when you get to Ca.Just shoot me an e-mail.I'm weak also so you'd be in good company.

Still need to here from Handgripperman,Adam and Bill.These guys are some of the best grip guys in the area.Could'nt have a grip gathering without them.

I heard from Kevin Meskew after the November 18 date was mentioned by Kevin Bussi.

I told him that I could make the November 18 date, or probably the week before, but not the few weeks afterwards. I was not sure if it is a 5 or 6 event deal, or another dreaded decathlon. The 10 events really knocks the crap out of old people, and I would prefer time to MENTALLY prepare for something like that, but if that is what the troops want to do, I could probably do it. My God, I get tired thinking about it...especially the 500 pound trap bar hold after going at it for 8 hours...

Hubgeezer

I left a message on his answering machine RKlein. Meskew wants to do a ten event decatholon.

I'll be there too just let know date & time

Edited by lone Wolf

Adam and Bill? Where are you guys? I know you want to compete and do the GG. Am I right on that? :whistel

Kevin Meskew said he is okay with November 11. It looks like that is where it is heading. He emailed me, I think he has had some computer problems lately and has to get a new password, or something like that.

I think the only thing to stop it is if people start to jump in complaining and objecting.

Hbgzr