The Geo Vs Pdoire Log

Geo

:D

Got home from work. Had a cup of coffee. Went to the garage to train grip. Put on "Master of Puppets." Warmed up with a light set of 20 rep squats. Picked up my Elite. Mash monster set closed it! :rock

I picked up my grippers after my compettion and worked on my set for this gripper. The practice seems to of helped!

Heres tonights workout

Elite MM set

1 close PR

1 attempt - miss

RB300 Neg

Grip Machine

One Hand Negatives -

100KG

110kg

120kg - too heavy

112kg

114kg - 7 sets

Reverse Wrist curls

20kg on the bar 12reps

25KG onthe bar 12 reps

30 kg on the bar 8 reps

30 kg on the bar 8 reps

Edited by Geo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geo

• pdoire

• DuTCH

• bencrush

Top Posters In This Topic

I am temporarily taking a break...new job and moving...will be back soon.

Elite MM set

1 close

2 attempts

RB300 Forced close and hold

RB240 wide-ish set close

Grip Machine

Negs

100kg

110kg

114kg

120kg - 5 sets -

2 hand pinch - I used a dumbell handle and stuck on two 20kg plates to pinch and on the other side of the dumbell I put 2 20kg plates. The width of the 2 plates is 72mm. Not ideal at all but will do until I sort out a bar.

80kg x1 2 sets - getting used to the feel

80kg 5 reps

Edited by Geo

• 2 weeks later...

Elite MM set

1 close

1 attempt

RB300 attempt

2 attempts both forced closed and held

Grip Machine

one hand negatives

120kg - 4 sets

Two hands - reps

80kg - 5 reps

100kg - 5 reps

100kg - 4 reps

Quite enjoyed the rep work I might try a couple of weeks doing a sort of 5x5 workout and see how it goes

The reps were done to cc width. This can be set on the grip machine I have as you can set your starting position :cool

Two hand pinch - 72mm

Thought I would see how I would do.

80kg two reps - easy

90 kg two reps but only came up 4 inches or so -doesnt really count I suppose but something to aim for in future.

Workout days are mxed up at the moment as Ive been ulra busy- Deadlifted tonight then...

Filed 3

1 attempt - finger had grease on it from dinner so slipped :blush !

Washed hands - chalked up

2 reps

1 attempt - fumble

1 rep

1 rep

Havent been able to train much over the last week or so. Been working on the house, and working at work.!

Got some new grippers today A RB300N and a RB210

TNS 210

Wide (ish) set RB300N -closed

No set attempt RB300N - v close

No set attempt RB300N - v close

Wide (ish) set RB300N -closed

Wide set RB210

Edited by Geo

been trying to no set that rb300N too.. is yours a certification RB, from the rb-germany??

No I got it from Stan Pikes Intense Fitness site. Its not a cert one, no little C on it just a RB and 300N. Hopefully you will see it when I post my no set video some time not too far away :D

Both grippers are the exact strength I wanted them to be. I wanted a weaker than a 3 but harder than a two for practcing my CC set/No set stuff and also a harder gripper that was already at CC width. The selection I have made is v good for this. Good Luck with the RB300N Dutch

No set RB210

No set RB300N attempts

3 sets - near to closed

Grip Machine

2 hand CC width reps -

80kg - 3 reps

100kg - 1 rep

Tried at narrower width and did 3 reps

One Hand Negatives

100kg - 1 set

120kg - 1 set

130kg - miss - too heavy

124kg - 1 set

Super Elite Negatives - 2 sets

2 hand pinch - still havent got a bar sorted out for this so I am still using a plate loaded dumbell to do this excercise.

80kg - 3 reps

80kg - 5.5 reps

84kg 3 half reps

No set RB210

No set RB300N attempts

3 sets - near to closed

Grip Machine

2 hand CC width reps -

80kg - 3 reps

100kg - 1 rep

Tried at narrower width and did 3 reps

One Hand Negatives

100kg - 1 set

120kg - 1 set

130kg - miss - too heavy

124kg - 1 set

Super Elite Negatives - 2 sets

2 hand pinch - still havent got a bar sorted out for this so I am still using a plate loaded dumbell to do this excercise.

80kg - 3 reps

80kg - 5.5 reps

84kg 3 half reps

GEt that RB 300 N and then get back to the CC #3...you got it boy :mosher

Hey Big T where you been? long time no see?

I am trying to get my no set strength up. I had a conversation with Stan Pike of Intense Fitness and he said he has Never set a gripper in his life! AND he is closing the RB300! THis got me thinking. OK so on a good day I can close an Elite - but at a MM set. Which is OK of course but I want to work on my weak points - ie wide set. - Hence the 300N which is exactly at CC width.

Hands still a bit fatigued from Sundays training

RB300N - 2 no set attempts - first was very close

Then Grip Machine-

one hand reps

40kg - 5 reps

60kg - 1 hard rep!

48kg - 3 reps

50kg - 3 reps

54kg - 2 reps

54kg - 1 rep

54 kg - 1rep

Think I might start my training more based on light and heavy days. One heavy day - saturday and one light - Tuesday.

Edited by Geo

RB300N supposed to be no set attempts - I actually gave a tiny positioning squeeze with the other hand so strictly speaking not a no set attempt.

2 attempts -

closed?

closed?

Felt very strong today - I think these were closed - Ive got it on tape so will check it later when the battery is charged.

1 with a small set - closed

Grip Machine

2 hand CC width set

40kg

80kg - 4 reps

100kg - 2 reps

100kg - 1rep

1 hand negatives

120kg

128 kg

128kg - miss

124kg

2 hand pinch

80kg - 4 reps

80kg 2 reps

had a rest

80kg - 5.5 reps

Yikes Reps are tough!

#3 no set attempts

x3

Grip Machine

CC width full range reps

44kg -

2 reps

2 reps

40kg -

3 reps

42kg -

2 reps

3 reps

reverse wrist curls

Edited by Geo

Reps again. YIKES! Ive done tons of negatives in a session in the past and they are intense but I am finding these reps to be crazy! They REALLY make me concentratate on compressing the handles ALL the way till they touch - and also MAKE me concentrate on using the little finger especially at the final part of the movement. Doing all sets and reps at a full range, ie the handles set at credit card width and opened up all the way on each rep. I seem to be steadily climbing up in weight on the machine as well so it is working.

2 TNS RB300N - very close

44 kg - 3 reps

46 kg - 3 reps

48 kg - 1 reps

47 kg - 2 reps

46 kg - 2 reps

Great TNS work George! :rock RB300N is a stout gripper even with a set. TNS it is in a league of its own. Few will close it that way.

Hands are fried! Went over to Mobsters strongman gym yesterday and we trained pinch. Ended up doing rep after rep with about 35kg I think. Had a go on the Atlas stones which Ive always wanted to have a go on and I lifted the 110kg ok then had a go on the 140kg one. got it to the edge of the pallet on the first try. Then I put some Tacky on my hands and got it on the second attempt. Excellent afternoon. Am totally knackered today ! :flame

Nice job on the stones man!

The pinch Geo did is a small variation on the standard form (but he's not to tell you what variation ahem!!) but is a real finisher of the 2HP sessions. He worked up to and just missed 85-kilos on the Euro set-up (I think it was at either 49mm or 54mm - I didn't measure and only did a few singles to 85 myself as I was working grippers today). He was also not dressed for stone work (smart top and jeans) but he got dirty anyway ha ha :cool (fortunately tacky washes out)

• 2 weeks later...

middle finger tendon was hurting last week so only played with my grip machine- nothing worth writing down.

Very tired got to sleep at 2am :trout Havent recovered from a deadlift session on Sunday. Where a friend of mine put me through my paces, and remarked on my awful form :trout Really need to sort that out. anyway...

RB300N TNS

again very close

#3 CC set - I thought I would try with a hold of the spring this time as I havent tried this method before. I got it doing it this way and I might start incorporating these into my training

CC width grip machine reps

48kg 2 reps -rh 1 rep lh

48kg 3 reps rh - 2 reps lh

48kg 1.5 reps rh 0.5 rep lh

46kg 1.5 reps rh 2 reps lh

46kg 2 reps both hands

RB300 neg

2 sets