Are Weak Men Allowed To Post Routines!?

lifesnotfair

ARGH!*(&%^(&%$*&%!*O)&^#%(&*%*(&

Yet another reason to be frustrated!!

Almost a year ago I went to a gym that had oly plates, and I gave 2-25's some air. They were thin. A month or so later, at another gym, some wider 25's owned me. I had been trying to buy oly plates for ages but couldn't find them in here, and shipping overseas might cost too much. Today I found some for sale, but man they were expensive!!! Almsot 30 US dollars for a 25lb plate. I bought two just because i had been wanting to get those for so long!!!

Well, they OWNED ME, with chalk or anything. They are not very thin, they're 8cm combined (3-1/16" ?) .. they must be 1-1/2" each or so. They are Sport Authorities I think, or something like that. I feel so owned.... I think this is very weak on my part, not to be able to lift 2-25's, I thought it was easier than a CoC #2. I will work on 2-hand lifts and negatives or whatever is needed for this. I wanted to get some 10lb plates but all they had was 35 and 45, and I said to myself "no use for those", and I was right. Plus, those were VERY expensive.

I wouldn't think too hard about "easier than a #2". It really doesn't mean much unless you've been training plate pinching with the same energy and time as grippers.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lifesnotfair

• Scott Styles

• superfeemiman

• Teemu I

Push-ups: 5x20.

"A little bent"-rows with RT (was bent till my arm hung straight with weight on the floor, used 12" loading pin): 40x12, 50x10, 60x10, 70x8 (very ugly form here).

Standing military press on my EZ-bar (hah): 50x10, 65x10, 80x8, 90x5.

EZ-bar curls: 50x10, 65x10, 80x8, 90x5. Exact same as above!!

Extensions with yellow bands. Got more reps than ever today, I think. One of my blue bands is considerably easier than the other one, but still both are way tougher than my yellows. I will incorporate that "light-blue" one next time for sure!

I think it is time to change the title of this thread.

It would seem that NO weak posts are here.

Great Job....Keep up the good work.

The secret to great strength is STAY HEALTHY AND DONT QUIT.

i agree, ive subscribed to this thread for a long time, and your numbers are definitely getting higher. Congrats.

Wow, having Bob Brown comment in here is an honor. Thank you Bob! But the title has to stay the same till I doble all my lifts :P

egg_uk: thanks bro!!! I thought only Scott Styles read this every once in a while :tongue

The pistols have given me a little bit more of strength it seems. I feel my legs are a bit stronger.

10 mins eliptical @ level 16 and almost 80RPM.

Leg Press: 180x10, 270x10, 320x10, 370x8. Doing them in a more controlled fashion. Still, the last set was VERY hard.

Leg Curl: I HATE THIS!! 80x10, 95x10, 110x6. I just hate this. But I do it because I'm not doing deadlifts lately because of fear for my shoulder.

Squats!:

105x20 - very hard and was exhausted. I have no endurance, weight felt pretty light but the high reps is a killer. Originally I was only gonna do this set, but I wanted to see what else I had on me.....

165x10 - I think this is a PR for reps. I used to struggle with 3-5 reps with this weight. After all this leg work, I still thought I could set a PR in weight, so...

185x5 - PR in weight. I haven't weighed myself in ages, but this must be BW I think. And getting the 5 reps after all the Leg Presses and the two previous sets of Squats, it was good feeling, and I feel that the 200lb barrier is not that far... when I can Squat 2 plates a side (225lb) for a few reps I might, (just might) start feeling that I am not pathetically weak anymore. It's embarassing to type this, as everyone on this baord has in their goals stuff like "bench 350, DL 600, Squat 500"... and here I am, with goals that a 12 year old accomplishes in a month's training! Oh well, I'll keep training anyways, I'm a persistent bastard even if I b*tch a lot about being weak =)

I might do some gripper work later today. Oh and by the way, I got girly and used the MantaRay device on the Squat bar, to make it more comfortable. And I did 4 sets of Donkey Calves and 4 sets of rear-delts (two with dumbells, bent over, and two on the pec dec machine).

Edited by lifesnotfair

After work....

Some gripper work. Left was kinda good, got around 6-7 reps on my #1, about 7 on the BBSA, and I think I closed the very filed #1 and held it for a while. Right was feeling a bit off though, missed the #2.

Anyways, I thought of something today: I have neglected inverted work the WHOLE time. I never train inverted, or with the grip machine... I gotta do some of this, I know I'm lacking strength because of it. I picked up my ISG which I absolutely NEVER use, and tried it with the pivot down. I'm grabbing it around halfways... I got some reps at around 100lbs leftie and close to 130 rightie. Don't remember the possitions, as I was looking at a sheet I printed many months ago when I bought this. I am NOT using a set on these though! These are No-Sets... I've also neglected bigger ROM's. I'm gonna train this No-Sets on the ISG inverted for a few weeks, and see how it helps me.

IM Yellow extensors.

I'm still reading this as well, and I also notice you are making vast improvements over where you started. Besides that though, I don't have much to comment on, but I'm still reading.

I'm still reading this as well, and I also notice you are making vast improvements over where you started. Besides that though, I don't have much to comment on, but I'm still reading.

Thanks to you too! Good to know some people check me out every so often.

Push-ups: trying to place my hands a little lower than usual (as in, closer to the waist... but I'm NOWHERE near it, just probably a couple of inches under the regular placing).

Regular x20

Feet Elevated x20

FE+20lbs x15

FE+30lbs x15

FE+40lbs x9

FE x19

Plate pinching:

To full deadlift from floor with one hand + thumb+pinky of other hand:

A hold of about 5 secs each hand, then:

RH: 5, 5, 7

LH: 5, 5, 5

Then a set of negatives (to full deadlift with two hands, release and try to maintain and lower with one hand).

BH: 3.

It would almost seem I could hold it for about 1 second in the top possition. I could lower them "under control", if that means the plates never slipped appart and they weren't hitting the floor super-hard when going down (not too softly either!).

I don't know how much my thumb+pinky of the other hand helps, but it can't be that much. I'll continue using this method until I can do a set of maybe 10 lifts in this manner. I imagine by then I should be able to get a single with just one hand, or I'd like to think so. I should've done more negatives but the thumb skin felt beaten already.

where it says plate pinching it doesnt give the plates, are they the 2 35s you bought, think they were 35s. thanks

where it says plate pinching it doesnt give the plates, are they the 2 35s you bought, think they were 35s. thanks

I wish!!!!!!!! 2 25's, Sporth Authority plates, 8cm wide combined. (not the thinnest plates). This is my first time EVER training plate pinching, as I didn't have plates with a smooth side before.

just measured my 10kg, 22lb plates. 2 together are 6.7cm, guess yours are a little thick then. My pinch is shocking, so dont be bothered about *just* pinch 2 25s, thats impressive for a first go.

spelling

Edited by egg_uk

Push-ups: trying to place my hands lower than usual, and keep elbows close to my body. I did 2 sets with feet on floor (20 and 18), and 2 sets with feet elevated (15 and 18). All were kinda maxing out. The possition of the hands makes it way harder I think. More tricep enphasys I think. I like them. They're very hard but I like them. Kinda got inspired by a video that Ivarboneless posted, and I wanna go lowering my hands everytime a bit more, till I can do them with them close to my waist :tongue which will probably never happen! Heh.

Pistols: 6 sets of 5 with each leg. My left knee makes weird sounds when doing these, hah, should I worry? That's why I only do them every so often. Slowly getting better though, have added a rep now and didn't feel super hard to be honest!

RT: 60x12, 73x12, 85x8, then...

rightie: 90x5, 90x5, 90x5, 90x5.

leftie: 90x5, 90x3, 90x3, 88x3.

6lb sledge front raises, was able to get 5 reps each hand @ 12" away, for two sets, after 2 warmup sets. Tried a third working set, which I got rightie, but couldn't keep raising the sledge leftie.

Tried sledge twists, but at the second set leftie I could only manage 3 reps and decided I was just too tired to continue.

I think I'll do some extensor now.

After work....

Some gripper work. Left was kinda good, got around 6-7 reps on my #1, about 7 on the BBSA, and I think I closed the very filed #1 and held it for a while. Right was feeling a bit off though, missed the #2.

Anyways, I thought of something today: I have neglected inverted work the WHOLE time. I never train inverted, or with the grip machine... I gotta do some of this, I know I'm lacking strength because of it. I picked up my ISG which I absolutely NEVER use, and tried it with the pivot down. I'm grabbing it around halfways... I got some reps at around 100lbs leftie and close to 130 rightie. Don't remember the possitions, as I was looking at a sheet I printed many months ago when I bought this. I am NOT using a set on these though! These are No-Sets... I've also neglected bigger ROM's. I'm gonna train this No-Sets on the ISG inverted for a few weeks, and see how it helps me.

IM Yellow extensors.

Grip machines and Rolling Thunder are what you need! Hell with them grippers LOL

Grip machines and Rolling Thunder are what you need! Hell with them grippers LOL

??

??

You probably have gathered this, but I think he was just saying that it would be more beneficial for you to train on Grip Machines and the Rolling Thunder rather than grippers.

Ok, I thought he was just kidding me :)

Pendlay rows: 40x10, 70x10, 100x10, 140x5 x3 sets.

Upright rows: 60x10, 70x10, 80x10, 96x5 x3 sets, I think. Not sure if it was 96 or 100lbs. These feel awkward on my left wrist, so I don't see myself doing them again.

One arm standing press, using my ez-bar: 26x10, 32x10, 36x10 (9 leftie), 40x8 (7 leftie), 46x5 (4 leftie), 46x6 (4 leftie).

Shrugs: 90x10, 120x10, 140x10. Feels hard using overhand, it is much easier holding dumbells!!

Don't ask me why I did 6 sets of the first 3 excercises, I honestly don't know.

ISG with pivot down.. a few sets and reps. I missed 8,4 rightie and 6,4 leftie at the end of the workout. I'm somewhere near there as my max I think.

2-25's Negatives: 5 sets of 3. About 10 secs between those 3 reps in each set. The first rep of the first set was the best, I could swear I held it at the top for at least a second.

I could swear I held it at the top for at least a second.

Only because of an incredible amount of "Body English". :whistel

I could swear I held it at the top for at least a second.

Only because of an incredible amount of "Body English". :whistel

Hah! Thanks Stalwart :P

10 mins eliptical @ level 16 and close to 80RPM but a bit under.

Leg Press: 90x20, 180x10, 270x10, 360x8, 380x6. PR in weight.

Squats: 115x10, 155x10, 185x6 x3 sets.

Hammer Curls: 25x10, 35x10, 40x8, 45x5 x2 sets - PR.

Close-grip BP: 95x10, 115x10, 135x?? ... felt weird.

Like crap. :whacked

I'm seeing how many AAdvantage miles I've got so I can fly to the US without having to spend so much money, and get a good doctor's opinion.

Military press using my EZ-bar: 50x14 (why?), 70x10, 90x10, 96x7, 100x5 x3 sets.

Plate pinching: lots of negatives with my 2-25's. A few times I held it for at least 1-2 seconds on top, I'm positive about this now.

Front levers with the 6lb sledge: 8" x10, 10" x10, 12" x5 x3 sets.

One hand deadlifts on my EZ-bar: never tried this before, did it by my side. This bar is thin, maybe thinner than a regular barbell I think. I did 100, then 110 for 5 reps and a 5 sec hold after the last. Then 130 for a few seconds each hand. Left was hard because I couldn't balance it right.

A little RT... got 100lbs up rightie. 90lbs up leftie, but ugly rep.

Extensors. This truly is a weaklink, I can't do much to the blue ones, I'm just doing 10 "reps" giving it all I have, but it opens up very little.

ISG with pivot down.. a few sets and reps. I missed 8,4 rightie and 6,4 leftie at the end of the workout. I'm somewhere near there as my max I think.

2-25's Negatives: 5 sets of 3. About 10 secs between those 3 reps in each set. The first rep of the first set was the best, I could swear I held it at the top for at least a second.

good stuff!

Like crap. :whacked

I'm seeing how many AAdvantage miles I've got so I can fly to the US without having to spend so much money, and get a good doctor's opinion.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder still troubling.