Teemu's Grip Log

Teemu I

You are doing real good! Were you equally near with both both hands on the #4?

I'm starting to get real fired up with grip training again after a long time off :)

You are doing real good! Were you equally near with both both hands on the #4?

I'm starting to get real fired up with grip training again after a long time off :)

Thanks buddy!

Hahahaa! No my left hand is nowhere near that. I just realized I've been so pumped up about doing pretty good with right hand and so focused on the #4 that I totally forgot to write down what I did with my left hand. :D Well, I did some set specific work on it mostly on a couple of oddball exercises and just a bit of choker work and a couple of MMS attempts on the hard Elite.

I'm glad to hear you getting your motivation back, really looking forward to hearing about your grip workouts again. :rock

Really looking forward to the day when I can metaphorically speaking shake your hand for closing the #4 because everyone on the board knows you are close to getting it. Keep up the hard training and posting of your workouts. My level of excitement is similar to yours because I have been gripper training for three months now and I am within in inch of my new #3 I got on Friday. We will both be smiling soon my friend!

Really looking forward to the day when I can metaphorically speaking shake your hand for closing the #4 because everyone on the board knows you are close to getting it. Keep up the hard training and posting of your workouts. My level of excitement is similar to yours because I have been gripper training for three months now and I am within in inch of my new #3 I got on Friday. We will both be smiling soon my friend!
Thanks man! I will not give up on this, there's plenty of room for improvement and harder grippers than this particular #4 to shoot for, I guess I'll just want more after I've closed it. I will report my workouts, one point beeing to show how there really are no secrets.

Good luck with your goals as well! Not that luck has so much to do with it, it's a matter of working hard consistently.

Wednesday 21.5.2008

Crappy day. Was so much off on the grippers, it's embarrassing. Nothing worth mentioning. :angry:

Days like that are frustrating because even though you know days like this happen, you can't help getting incredibly pissed off when they do come around. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Edited by kinselbj

2 weeks more and all this great effort will get a reward!

u should be the first guy in your country to get the COC CERT but for a strange reason it didnt happend.

now its a question of honour:-)) (nothing against Temmu P)

u have the support of this entire board hope it helps :rock

Edited by ewokhugo

Days like that are frustrating because even though you know days like this happen, you can't help getting incredibly pissed off when they do come around. Oh well, c'est la vie.
I take the frustration to next workout and use it to fire up, it can't be as crappy as it was today!

2 weeks more and all this great effort will get a reward!

u should be the first guy in your country to get the COC CERT but for a strange reason it didnt happend.

now its a question of honour:-)) (nothing against Temmu P)

u have the support of this entire board hope it helps :rock

Thanks Hugo! The credit for beeing the first CoC from Finland actually went to strongman Sami Heinonen years ago (2001), by the time I did not even know about heavy duty-grippers, so it was never an issue. :)

i am 1 mm to close my #3 and i wish u close matti's #4 before i close my #3!

closing my #3 will put me in heaven

i forgot it :-) u already mention Sami before. :blush

Thanks again! How do you do it? :D I mean your always so positive and on the good mood it seems.

Thanks again! How do you do it? :D I mean your always so positive and on the good mood it seems.

*cough* pills *cough*

:happy

Temmu: thanks for asking:-) i am the kind of person that will fight and give everything to reach certain goal.

no offense (lol) but ... u can touch so many people's heart(training tips, great articles etc ...) why me? obviously u deserve much more than me.

~lets make a deal my friend: lets close our goal gripper before 31 st may?? ;)

jose: lol! what do u mean exactly?

josh: thanks very much for your kind words:-)

I like hugo's posts here is is very encouraging and has a good attitude.

Sorry to hear you had a bad session Teemu i had one of those last week leading up the contest it sure does kill your drive a bit. I'm sure next session will make up for it. Do you normally listen to music when you train?

I like hugo's posts here is is very encouraging and has a good attitude.

Sorry to hear you had a bad session Teemu i had one of those last week leading up the contest it sure does kill your drive a bit. I'm sure next session will make up for it. Do you normally listen to music when you train?

Yep, Hugo's positive attitude is a refreshing. :rock

Thanks Sam, as for listening to music, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. But these crappy days, they just happen sometimes. :cool Just a good reminder to work hard and take care of the recovery as well.

teemu what do you do for hand recovery?

I use dexterity balls, do extensor work, and sleep in woolen gloves.

teemu what do you do for hand recovery?

I use dexterity balls, do extensor work, and sleep in woolen gloves.

Everything you mentioned plus icing, contrast baths, massage, plenty of stretching, eating hefty doses of vitamin C. Not all of them all the time, but increasing the repertoire when I feel the need for it.

I used to use contrast baths but the hot water seemed to increase the amount of skin tears i got while training. Same with using hot water to warm up the hands - it works because of increased blood flow but i also get more tears.

I have a massage machine aswell designed for the back with heat/vibrations etc... using it on the hands and forearms helps blood flow and recovery.

As for vitamin C because of my background in bodybuilding i have always taken quite a lot anyway. At the moment 2-3grams a day.

Do you think ice on its own helps recovery?

Actually both of u (temmu and Sam) are the guys that gave more encoraging and training tips till now)

i have so much respect for both of u and obvioulsly when i reach my short term goal (#3) 50% of my glory will be

dedicated to both of u(thats what my heart its speaking right now)

i think its not very fair to say this because there are more friends that support me , but i must be honest with u guys

and (particularly)with me ... i am telling the true.

when i become mmlevel 0 i will dedicated itto my friends ~... no names:-) ....because i am using temmu's log i want to be very honest.

Yes, it does, I try to do it as soon as possible after training. That timing is essential.

Yes, it does, I try to do it as soon as possible after training. That timing is essential.

I will try it tomorrow night. Thanks.

Nice information :rock

Teemu i tried icing my hands after grippers tonight. 3 hours after finishing my hands feel a lot better than normal. I think i am going to do this regularly. Cheers mate.